Tip of the day

i count my reps but my rep range will vary from 8-15.. sometimes 20 on certain set. Usually only count reps on certain sets as well. Another tip id give;
Unless there’s a mechanical reason you can’t do this :
-get comfortable with the uncomfortable. Meaning to me: focus the most on the exercises you hate that you struggle the most with - incorporate at least one into each workout …

i count my reps but my rep range will vary from 8-15.. sometimes 20 on certain set. Usually only count reps on certain sets as well. Another tip id give;
Unless there’s a mechanical reason you can’t do this :
-get comfortable with the uncomfortable. Meaning to me: focus the most on the exercises you hate that you struggle the most with - incorporate at least one into each workout …
I have some weird borderline autism when it comes to numbers. I have to count everything at all times. Makes me kinda mental sometimes

Add a simple tip that may help others.....
I started meditating last year and I find it makes me 10% happier and calmer, and helps me overcome bad habits like smoking and overeating, and youtube and stick to habits like working out and eating well and reading.

I do a guided meditation 20 minutes a day with headspace. They have a couple weeks worth of free episodes on netflix which is how I started and I liked it so much I paid for the subscription.

It's not magic, but it's an essential part of my new routine.

Focus on the mind-muscle connection. Just focusing on the muscle you're targeting during an exercise increases neuron activity which promotes growth.

If someone mentioned this already... i'm not sorry.

Avoid true failure and increase sets...

Training to failure adds a lot of fatigue and will reduce your overall volume of work.

Use the the muscle youre training to move the weight don't just move the weight. If that means lifting lighter then lift lighter. Slow controlled negatives, contract the muscle then explode...EVERY REP. If you cant meet the desired rep range before cheating the weight is too heavy.

Oh and progressive overload. You want to build that is the ONLY way you'll do it. More reps or more weight or slower reps increasing TUT.

Stop flat BB pressing.