Thoughts Oliveira?

biguglynewf

I’ll be the first to say I know very little about mma. Recently the wife got iptv so now I get to watch all kinds of things I refused to spend money on before.

Watching the main event tonight and not knowing the players from Adam. Goddamn did this Oliveira guy show something special. Was totally dominated in the first round. It looked bad. Like real real bad. Chandler, his opponent was heralded as a pit Bull and showed it in round one. Absolutely crushed him. Even when he gave him his back. Just killed.

round two started and within 19 seconds Oliveira made obvious adjustments and tko’ed the man that was just kicking the ever loving shit out of him.

I may be wrong because honestly I know jack shit about this stuff…… but goddamn did I ever find the adjustments this man employed impressive.

is this as remarkable as I thought it was? Or am
I just naive and missing something? Maybe he got lucky? But it didn’t look that way. It looked like a very smart and technical fighter making adjustments and absolutely dominating after he got the true feel of fight before him.

all you smart fight fuckers… what’s your thoughts?

They’re both studs and such high level one guy makes a mistake he’s gonna pay.........they’re both so seasoned that they don’t get overwhelmed off taking a beating In the first round and still lots of gas in the tank but agreed that was impressive micheal chandler is no joke

I’ll be the first to say I know very little about mma. Recently the wife got iptv so now I get to watch all kinds of things I refused to spend money on before.

Watching the main event tonight and not knowing the players from Adam. Goddamn did this Oliveira guy show something special. Was totally dominated in the first round. It looked bad. Like real real bad. Chandler, his opponent was heralded as a pit Bull and showed it in round one. Absolutely crushed him. Even when he gave him his back. Just killed.

round two started and within 19 seconds Oliveira made obvious adjustments and tko’ed the man that was just kicking the ever loving shit out of him.

I may be wrong because honestly I know jack shit about this stuff…… but goddamn did I ever find the adjustments this man employed impressive.

is this as remarkable as I thought it was? Or am
I just naive and missing something? Maybe he got lucky? But it didn’t look that way. It looked like a very smart and technical fighter making adjustments and absolutely dominating after he got the true feel of fight before him.

all you smart fight fuckers… what’s your thoughts?
You didn’t miss anything it was impressive af forsure and shows the level he’s at to take a beating like that not get flustered come out with a new plan and pull it together very high level

Very impressive.

Oliviera came to the UFC at 21, 10 years ago. The guys just keeps improving and improving. Started as a jiu jitsu stud but Has evolved to a technical striker, wrestler and jiu jitsu player. This is exceptionally rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another decade in the game tho of course your whole style is gonna evolve

Another decade in the game tho of course your whole style is gonna evolve

Evolve yes but to what degree?

Jacare an elite grappler became only a good striker
Adesanya an elite strike is only an ok grappler, etc , etc

The ability to become elite in all 3 disciplines is rare

Plus in my experience most high level mma guy’s hearts only have 10 good fights in them...Oliveira has been doing it for 10 years and getting better and no sign of losing that edge to compete.

Plus in my experience most high level mma guy’s hearts only have 10 good fights in them...Oliveira has been doing it for 10 years and getting better and no sign of losing that edge to compete.

True that is pretty accurate.........unless your name is Jon Jones hahah

Or Yoel Romero or Daniel cormier Olympic wrestlers that are also elite strikers even tho they started late

I definatley agree with u on this tho usually whatever guys were good at is they’re going to rate for them to master other aspects forsure

I was just impressed that a first round could go so horribly wrong…. Even though he had his back! And then completely adjust and get it done so quickly like round one never happened.

Yes, true competitor and athlete. That kind of heart and mental fortitude is special.

Even how genuine he was when he won, crying and running into the crowd

I agree. It takes a special individual to truly become "world-class elite" in multiple disciplines. And his longevity is amazing too.

You're right, fighters only have so many "top tier competition" miles on the clock - then they seem to fade out. Look at guys who went on long, dominant win streaks, then started losing: Jose Aldo, Renan Barao, Anderson Silva, Tony Ferguson ... and possibly even Max Holloway - just to name a few.