The Game Changer

Balance is the key. A bit of everything.
If we were meant to eat plants only our eyes would be on the side of our heads and we would be watching for preditors, lol. But our eyes are in the front of our heads for depth perception so we can hunt. You don’t need to hunt plants, lol.
I don’t eat near as much meat as I used to. Could be why I’m not as lean, or strong pound per pound, or it’s I’m getting older, lol.
Same with our teeth, they are designed to grind plant based material as well as rip meat off of bones. We don’t have multiple stomachs to process plant based only food properly either. We do not absorb most of the nutrients.
Anyhow I ignore the fads, you want to be healthier, stop eating the shit they call fast food, and stop buying pre processed chicken, like pumped breasts.

I’ll watch it eventually like I always watch these things, but they are usually so biased and full of lies that I get upset 1/2 way thru.

Its tough for me as I will continue to hunt, I guess I won’t eat what I kill anymore. That’s the thing that bothers me most. I have zero issue with eating animals, just trying this to see if there are improvements in my health.

Its tough for me as I will continue to hunt, I guess I won’t eat what I kill anymore. That’s the thing that bothers me most. I have zero issue with eating animals, just trying this to see if there are improvements in my health.
You may notice a difference at first. Then over time you will go back to feeling the same.
That’s the reason no one sticks to a complete vegan diet. Plus it’s more difficult, and the pea protien powder is gross.
Just like when you go from eating shit, then clean up your diet, you feel better for a while then get used to it.

Don’t shoot it if you are going to waste it though, or better yet, wrap it all in 1 lb ground packs and donate it to the food bank.

Don’t get me wrong. Nothing wrong with getting in more veggies. I’ve increased mine over the years as I’ve reduced my meat. But I myself won’t give it up. I guess if my blood markers were not so good, I may rethink this. Kinda funny though, my lowest cholesterol was when I was pretty much keto. Or really low carb and veggies. I was eating 400 grams of meat protien and all the fat, thighs, ribeyes, med ground beef.

I feel this just another fad. I doubt you would see 25 yr old Arnold subscribing to this shit. 75 yr old Arnold.. yea probably.. and is obviously because he's in it.

There are minerals and nutrients in meat you just can't get in vegetables. That's why vegans are taking a shit load of supplements. Becuase their diet lacks some essential nutrients.

@Sorbate said it best.. a balanced diet based on whole foods is the way to go.

If a vegan diet was that superior every athlete in the world would be on it. Not just a few. And we know athletes are eating clean, healthy single ingredient foods for the most part with a well balanced diet. People who make a living off performance and/or their physiques.

I'd rather listen to them.

I feel this just another fad. I doubt you would see 25 yr old Arnold subscribing to this shit. 75 yr old Arnold.. yea probably.. and is obviously because he's in it.

There are minerals and nutrients in meat you just can't get in vegetables. That's why vegans are taking a shit load of supplements. Becuase their diet lacks some essential nutrients.

@Sorbate said it best.. a balanced diet based on whole foods is the way to go.

If a vegan diet was that superior every athlete in the world would be on it. Not just a few. And we know athletes are eating clean, healthy single ingredient foods for the most part with a well balanced diet. People who make a living off performance and/or their physiques.

I'd rather listen to them.
Oh no man, you are wrong, scientists say vegetarian diets are the best, just like global warming is making things cooler.

I am curious about members thoughts on the Netflix documentary titled "The Game Changer".
https://www.netflix.com/title/81157840?s=i&trkid=13747225&t=amsg
Never watched it but I’ve actually ate vegetarian diets a few times. Not on purpose but just cause it was much cheaper.
just ate oatmeal/protein powder/egg whites/bananas at one point. I didn’t even know I was eating a vegetarian diet until I thought about it

I have to admit my cholesterol levels were always lower when I ate vegetarian diets.
Even on large cycles my total cholesterol was around 1, hdl was >1 and ldl was too low to be measured
This was on Tren, Test, dbol, npp, arimidex

I actually didn’t even know what bad cholesterol was until I stopped training and using gear and ate what I wanted 2 years ago. my cholesterol was better on gear with a clean diet than off gear with a bad diet. Go figure

That being said I won’t be going vegan but I eat a really healthy diet now

How long did you stick this diet out? How was your experience?

How long did you stick this diet out? How was your experience?
Lasted about 6 months. Overall good experience was good except probably ate too many fake meat things which are full of fillers and chemicals.

Best result was all those little aches and pains in my body disappeared. Was able to basically jump out of bed in the am, now I’m back to moving slowly until things limber up a bit.

GF and I talked about maybe doing Vegan just during the week and free fo all on the weekends. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Interesting
Thanks for the response

the mon-fri vegan thing would probably be ok
I don’t think people should cut meat out 100pct but most could get away with eating less

I’ve been plant based for 6 years now essentially, mostly vegan, but I don’t identify as one as I’m flexible with milk and egg ingredients in things. But no meat.

5 of those 6 years I wasn’t using PEDs and still making gains/progress and I’m often mistaken for being 10 years younger than I am. Much can be attributed to genetics and healthy habits I’m sure have a bigger part in it.

I want to like that movie, but I don’t agree with the bias and Cherry picking information. It helps convince simple minded people in the short term, but it doesn’t help the overall movement.

I will stick with balance and overall healthy eating habits being key. I ate lots of fruits and vegetables before, so it’s just a matter of getting the nutrients your body needs.

I’ve been plant based for 6 years now essentially, mostly vegan, but I don’t identify as one as I’m flexible with milk and egg ingredients in things. But no meat.

5 of those 6 years I wasn’t using PEDs and still making gains/progress and I’m often mistaken for being 10 years younger than I am. Much can be attributed to genetics and healthy habits I’m sure have a bigger part in it.

I want to like that movie, but I don’t agree with the bias and Cherry picking information. It helps convince simple minded people in the short term, but it doesn’t help the overall movement.

I will stick with balance and overall healthy eating habits being key. I ate lots of fruits and vegetables before, so it’s just a matter of getting the nutrients your body needs.

So basically your a vegetarian and not a vegan.

I tried it for a bit... I thought my protein bombs were bad and could clear a room. Well then came the vegan protein bombs. When you're in tears from your own farts you know it's bad. Lol.

I think it can be done with a vegan diet. There are a few that pull it off, I just found that it was a LOT of work to get the nutrients i wanted and make it all taste food. And food prep time easily tripled. I'll just stick to my good enough ways :)

So basically your a vegetarian and not a vegan.

I tried it for a bit... I thought my protein bombs were bad and could clear a room. Well then came the vegan protein bombs. When you're in tears from your own farts you know it's bad. Lol.

I think it can be done with a vegan diet. There are a few that pull it off, I just found that it was a LOT of work to get the nutrients i wanted and make it all taste food. And food prep time easily tripled. I'll just stick to my good enough ways :)

Hah, yes I just call myself a vegetarian, too much complication in all the different variations.

Yeah, preparation definitely takes more time than it used to. The gas was definitely real for the first couple months! Granted I found my meat/dairy farts smelled much worse if we want to get into the details. [emoji2961]

I’m sure it would be much harder if I wanted to compete etc with all the carbs I intake. Though I maintain 12-14% bf with little effort.

Hah, yes I just call myself a vegetarian, too much complication in all the different variations.

Yeah, preparation definitely takes more time than it used to. The gas was definitely real for the first couple months! Granted I found my meat/dairy farts smelled much worse if we want to get into the details. [emoji2961]

I’m sure it would be much harder if I wanted to compete etc with all the carbs I intake. Though I maintain 12-14% bf with little effort.

Lol oh and there's only so many garbonzo beans and lentils I can handle. Seems like every decent recipe was with one of those lol.

Can't remember who years back determined meat consumption by ammonia iirc.