The Effects of Cannabis On Our Hormones.

Harley00

The Rebel
Interesting article, i haven't used any weed, for over 12 years, was thinkin on it again, but came across this, and decided maybe its not so great for you. Seems to have alot of effects for chronic users.

Great post I can use to reinforce my very bias vendetta for weed to my friends

thank you :)
Was the numbing of the adrenals, and the down regulation of your tsh, which down regulates your thyroid that got me. Ohh and the exxcess cortisol that looked good at first, because im low already so raising it would be great... untill it fucks your adrenals and then it puts you back to square one lol... ill pass on passing the joint lol 😆

And for many here I’m not so sure how all this would apply exactly since most or all are administering copious amounts of exogenous testosterone amongst other things that are already messing with the hpta.

so then the question really is. If I’m already destroying it anyways what true effect is this going to have on my hormones. I’m administering them already.

not that I’m an advocate for weed use. I personally hate the shit. I’m not really questioning relevance as there is obviously many layers here. But I wouldn’t expect this to translate well to most members here ganged in anything from trt to holy shit!

just something to be mindful of when applying this thought.

as cheapy says…. Like anything… moderation and mindfulness is probably the key to unmanageable negative impacts of most everything.

Its a spot on article. Ive been living it...
I agree with every statement made. Cortisol spiked at the end of the day every time.
There are some benefits from it but ill be exposing to much personal details.
I've found the lower my testosterone levels fell the more I needed to consume to feel alive. Like it says though, the cortisol can and will spike leaving a crippled mess behind. When the cortisol spikes hit, muscles cramped up and the body wants to remove the cortisol and vomiting occurs or acid reflux happened nightly.
This isn't something that happened over night. It took a year or more of every day use consuming more and more until the receptors are flooded it stops providing relief and causes adverse pain. And its pain that doesn't exist but you require the weed to release the serotonin to function. Its not a life, its an existence with no reward.
I still use cannabis daily yet actively cutting down. It's a poison like anything else thats abused and I arrived at the abuse station while smoking an oz a day. My mind was fucked from life miss fortunes and bad decisions and fucked from abusing cannabis.
I can go on and on about the benefits and also about the problems associated with cannabis, however I'm almost certain there are going to be more problems associated as the studies come in.
In the days coming I plan on refraining my use to occasionally, to none. There's a few more hurdles to get over before I put a distance between the green and my health.

I don’t worry about what it does to your hormones, but it greatly effects your brain if you consume daily.
I can see it in the staff that smoke every day vs drink.
Personally I’d rather employ an alcoholic than a pot head. The constant state of unawareness annoys me to no end. Worst part is they do not realize that they are mentally slow.

But I figure people can do what they want, heavy smokers have always made it easier for me to climb ahead of them at work. I appreciated the helping hand, lol.

I don’t worry about what it does to your hormones, but it greatly effects your brain if you consume daily.
Personally I’d rather employ an alcoholic than a pot head. The constant state of unawareness annoys me to no end. Worst part is they do not realize that they are mentally slow.

But I figure people can do what they want, heavy smokers have always made it easier for me to climb ahead of them at work. I appreciated the helping hand, lol.
Puff puff pass to your next promotion? Ha

Big difference between casual and chronic. I enjoy the occasional edible and smoke. For me, it's easier on my body than alcohol. For some reason, people who smoke all day every day get more of a pass than people who drink all day every day. I'm pro both, but in moderation.

edit: overall I view alcohol much more damaging than weed.

Big difference between casual and chronic. I enjoy the occasional edible and smoke. For me, it's easier on my body than alcohol. For some reason, people who smoke all day every day get more of a pass than people who drink all day every day. I'm pro both, but in moderation.

edit: overall I view alcohol much more damaging than weed.
I feel the exact same way. Couldn't of said it any different

I've seen alcoholism first hand in multiple cases where it ruined lives, and in one instance someone eventually drank himself to death. There is alcoholism, then there's an alcoholism, and due to alcohol being an extremely effective and highly addictive xylotic it presents far more serious issues. But, regardless of the amount of consumption I would not want to work, live, or have anything to do with someone who needed to drink daily, especially if they drink during the day.
I know several successful professionals who use pot throughout the day. It's not my thing, and it doesn't convince me that it's a good idea, but it seems to depend on the individual. They are obviously high functioning, but they are the exception not the norm. Whereas, with alcohol, especially if you are predisposed to addiction, will eventually destroy you. It's a terrible drug. The issue with pot consumption (imo) is that too many people act like it is a harmless vice, but there are all sorts.

Read a bit of the article and responses..

Every medication a doctor prescribes has potential side effects.. But your doctor prescribes it to you based on the fact that they have determined the rewards of the medication out weigh the risks.

Canibus use falls into this as well in my opinion. I use the tiniest bit of pot right before I put my head on my pillow to get a good sleep every night. It's comical how small the amount I use is.. I highly doubt it has any effect on me other than sleeping better. Outwardly, most people assume I am 100% against pot use due to my perosnality and demeanor.. I just don't match with the stereotpye of pot user.

Pot really does help some people if used correctly.

And like someone else pointed out, it has to be used within reason and reasponsibly.. Yes if its used and abused it will cause a huge amount of issues in the user. Used properly and I belive it will rarely cause any issue in most ppl.

Funny because the average north america diet/exercise has such a awful impact on their hormones that pot use really wouldn't even be the biggest factor in their hormones in my opinion.. Those of us that know, its quite easy to crash your testosterone.. don't sleep, party, drink lots of booze, don't lift weights and eat a shit diet and a week later your testosterone will be down a lot. Throw pot in the mix and it will be worse for sure, but the typical north american has more factors that affect their hormones than the average pot user.

I've seen alcoholism first hand in multiple cases where it ruined lives, and in one instance someone eventually drank himself to death. There is alcoholism, then there's an alcoholism, and due to alcohol being an extremely effective and highly addictive xylotic it presents far more serious issues. But, regardless of the amount of consumption I would not want to work, live, or have anything to do with someone who needed to drink daily, especially if they drink during the day.
I know several successful professionals who use pot throughout the day. It's not my thing, and it doesn't convince me that it's a good idea, but it seems to depend on the individual. They are obviously high functioning, but they are the exception not the norm. Whereas, with alcohol, especially if you are predisposed to addiction, will eventually destroy you. It's a terrible drug. The issue with pot consumption (imo) is that too many people act like it is a harmless vice, but there are all sorts.
I was just relating what I have first hand experienced with a few hundred employees.
Not to sound mean, but I want a twitchy, hyper, fast, efficient worker. Most people only stay at a job like mine for 4 years or so at max before moving on, so if they destroy their body later in life thru alcohol, it’s not my issue. Actually what someone dies on their own time if it isn’t effecting work is not my issue.
I also hire young people.
So I am not looking at long term health, I’m looking at short term employee functioning, and people who smoke daily are not nearly as aware as drinkers IMO. This was also my fathers thought as well, a few decades ago, only difference was his shop employeed 400 people, so his sample size would have been in the thousands.

Im not against smoking weed. If you have anxiety, pain issues and you must, by all means do what you need to, but don’t be upset if you get passed over by a more aware fellow employee if those traits are needed at that particular job.

I was just relating what I have first hand experienced with a few hundred employees.
Not to sound mean, but I want a twitchy, hyper, fast, efficient worker. Most people only stay at a job like mine for 4 years or so at max before moving on, so if they destroy their body later in life thru alcohol, it’s not my issue. Actually what someone dies on their own time if it isn’t effecting work is not my issue.
I also hire young people.
So I am not looking at long term health, I’m looking at short term employee functioning, and people who smoke daily are not nearly as aware as drinkers IMO. This was also my fathers thought as well, a few decades ago, only difference was his shop employeed 400 people, so his sample size would have been in the thousands.

Im not against smoking weed. If you have anxiety, pain issues and you must, by all means do what you need to, but don’t be upset if you get passed over by a more aware fellow employee if those traits are needed at that particular job.
Without specifics I was responding to what I considered a generalization. Most young people, or people in general, are far more likely to get away with smoking pot during the day than consuming alcohol. Instead of being half-baked, let's say they were drunk. That was my point. Most people cannot and do not drink during the day.

I agree, if they want to drink on their own time that's one thing, but if you are making reference to at work behaviour vs off work, I know far more highly skilled professionals who smoke pot, eat gummies, and drink in their off hours, and are no worse for it. I'm betting that any of your employees that appear slow/dopey are actually stoned at work. What you need is to hire individuals who do speed or smoke crack or meth. Ha! That will get you the hyper, twitchy type you are hoping for.

Lol, I don't know why you are singling me out, I never claimed to smoke during the day, that bias has to do with your experience. If one were to use the correct strain and the proper amount it will not impede performance. The key is amount and type.

I think the bottom line is booze or pot, either one too much the night before can wreck your work day.. and either one consumed during the work day is just as bad.

I smoke pot, and I really don't agree with people who tell me they smoke pot all day long every day and it doesn't affect their life or day to day function.. I just don't think that's possible lol..

I know ppl who use a wee bit of THC during the day when they need it for anxiety/depression/pain.. They seem to function ok, but someone who is consuming all day who isn't doing so for anxiety/depression/pain, they are doing it to get high lol.. and you can't be high all day and have it not affect your ability to function

I got into weed at a very young age, early junior high. Became a chronic user for nearly 8 years straight smoking up to a quarter ounce a day usually off bong rips alone. It helped me a lot dealing with early teenage mental health but very quickly as I started to become more functional and calculated with my decisions and potential outcomes, it 100% was just a dependance forming that broke my motivation and spirit. I have completely stopped using it and since stopping my anxiety has been completely gone, my ability to motivate myself has increased, my physical health has improved immensely, and most of all I appreciate life far more than I did while using it.

It certainly has its place to benefit people who are dying of a disease, suffering severe physical ailments, fresh out of surgery, etc. However, as someone who fucking loved it with every bit of me I now have the opinion that if you’re healthy you should stay away from it as much as you can. Dabble here and there socially, sure. It beats having wine or hard alcohol in terms of physical health but if you don’t have a justified calling for it, I’d absolutely stay away.

I got into weed at a very young age, early junior high. Became a chronic user for nearly 8 years straight smoking up to a quarter ounce a day usually off bong rips alone. It helped me a lot dealing with early teenage mental health but very quickly as I started to become more functional and calculated with my decisions and potential outcomes, it 100% was just a dependance forming that broke my motivation and spirit. I have completely stopped using it and since stopping my anxiety has been completely gone, my ability to motivate myself has increased, my physical health has improved immensely, and most of all I appreciate life far more than I did while using it.

It certainly has its place to benefit people who are dying of a disease, suffering severe physical ailments, fresh out of surgery, etc. However, as someone who fucking loved it with every bit of me I now have the opinion that if you’re healthy you should stay away from it as much as you can. Dabble here and there socially, sure. It beats having wine or hard alcohol in terms of physical health but if you don’t have a justified calling for it, I’d absolutely stay away.

Just my opinion, but I'd hazard guess your pot usage as a teen probably took the edge off at first, but then without you even knowing it likely became the biggest reason for your struggles ... Not sure if that's what your saying above, but man.. I saw it so much growing up in some friends and classmates.. They thought the pot helped them with issues, mental health, anxiety etc.. but it was the cause of a lot of it for them.. When I talk to them now (20 years later) they agree..

And then again, there was pot users around me who smoked very heavy and it did not affect them..

I smoked pot very heavily for 2 or 3 6 month periods of my youth.. 19 years old, 21 and around 23 again.. just 6 monhts of heavy use.. I thought it was helping.. But before I knew it, it was ruining my motivation, thinking ability, physical health, caused odd social anxiety and parania... Then I'd snap out of it and cut it cold turkey (and swear to never touch it again) and literally with a week its like the dark clouds parted in my body and life was all sunshine and rainbows again..

It's also a researched fact that once your brain has fully developed, pot doesn't have a long term affect or cause damage.. But if your brain is still in the develoiping stages, pot can have a signifcant and permenant affect on its developement for the worse.. I think our brains aren't fully developed until we are around 20 years old..

Talk to a pscharitrist.. the few I know are very much again pot use in youth and are very much against pot use for anxiety/PTSD/depression etc..

too many teens/youth need this informaiton...

I feel you on that quarter a day.
The downward spiral is real.
Although I’ve achieved many things that require discipline and higher thinking, I will honesty say that I was at 65% performance tops.

Imagine walking around a track and imagine walking the same track with water halfway up to your body. This is how I felt on heavy daily use. Once you stop, it’s sunshine and rainbows man. Literally taking the dog off the leash.

Just my opinion, but I'd hazard guess your pot usage as a teen probably took the edge off at first, but then without you even knowing it likely became the biggest reason for your struggles ... Not sure if that's what your saying above, but man.. I saw it so much growing up in some friends and classmates.. They thought the pot helped them with issues, mental health, anxiety etc.. but it was the cause of a lot of it for them.. When I talk to them now (20 years later) they agree..

And then again, there was pot users around me who smoked very heavy and it did not affect them..

I smoked pot very heavily for 2 or 3 6 month periods of my youth.. 19 years old, 21 and around 23 again.. just 6 monhts of heavy use.. I thought it was helping.. But before I knew it, it was ruining my motivation, thinking ability, physical health, caused odd social anxiety and parania... Then I'd snap out of it and cut it cold turkey (and swear to never touch it again) and literally with a week its like the dark clouds parted in my body and life was all sunshine and rainbows again..

It's also a researched fact that once your brain has fully developed, pot doesn't have a long term affect or cause damage.. But if your brain is still in the develoiping stages, pot can have a signifcant and permenant affect on its developement for the worse.. I think our brains aren't fully developed until we are around 20 years old..

Talk to a pscharitrist.. the few I know are very much again pot use in youth and are very much against pot use for anxiety/PTSD/depression etc..

too many teens/youth need this informaiton...
Yeah exactly, I figured it was helping my mental health and I used it as an excuse to not taking any sort of psych meds or being prescribed on life long pills for the rest of my existence. Cutting cold turkey and haven’t touched it since I stopped, all my dread, fear, and spontaneous depression bouts all went away. Luckily I don’t suffer from anything permanent in terms of brain impairment but plenty of my friends have negative effects even after stopping.

I agree many young adults need this information, along with teens.