The Effects of Cannabis On Our Hormones.

Just my opinion, but I'd hazard guess your pot usage as a teen probably took the edge off at first, but then without you even knowing it likely became the biggest reason for your struggles ... Not sure if that's what your saying above, but man.. I saw it so much growing up in some friends and classmates.. They thought the pot helped them with issues, mental health, anxiety etc.. but it was the cause of a lot of it for them.. When I talk to them now (20 years later) they agree..

And then again, there was pot users around me who smoked very heavy and it did not affect them..

I smoked pot very heavily for 2 or 3 6 month periods of my youth.. 19 years old, 21 and around 23 again.. just 6 monhts of heavy use.. I thought it was helping.. But before I knew it, it was ruining my motivation, thinking ability, physical health, caused odd social anxiety and parania... Then I'd snap out of it and cut it cold turkey (and swear to never touch it again) and literally with a week its like the dark clouds parted in my body and life was all sunshine and rainbows again..

It's also a researched fact that once your brain has fully developed, pot doesn't have a long term affect or cause damage.. But if your brain is still in the develoiping stages, pot can have a signifcant and permenant affect on its developement for the worse.. I think our brains aren't fully developed until we are around 20 years old..

Talk to a pscharitrist.. the few I know are very much again pot use in youth and are very much against pot use for anxiety/PTSD/depression etc..

too many teens/youth need this informaiton...
So true. Marry Jane is helpful first but once abused she starts causing problems.

You are 100% correct on the developing brain. I know many friends from high school as well and they say the same things.

I feel you on that quarter a day.
The downward spiral is real.
Although I’ve achieved many things that require discipline and higher thinking, I will honesty say that I was at 65% performance tops.

Imagine walking around a track and imagine walking the same track with water halfway up to your body. This is how I felt on heavy daily use. Once you stop, it’s sunshine and rainbows man. Literally taking the dog off the leash.
Amen, brother. That’s a good way to describe it tbh- walking with water halfway up your body. Glad to hear you’re doing well after it, people don’t realize how shitty it is to go through if they haven’t walked the road themselves

Yeah exactly, I figured it was helping my mental health and I used it as an excuse to not taking any sort of psych meds or being prescribed on life long pills for the rest of my existence. Cutting cold turkey and haven’t touched it since I stopped, all my dread, fear, and spontaneous depression bouts all went away. Luckily I don’t suffer from anything permanent in terms of brain impairment but plenty of my friends have negative effects even after stopping.

I agree many young adults need this information, along with teens.
What we’ve learned in pharmaceutical chemistry and addiction is that once you have given your receptors enough time to recover, you will FULLY recover. It’s just time. The best remedy to many of our problems. Too bad it’s finite.

Amen, brother. That’s a good way to describe it tbh- walking with water halfway up your body. Glad to hear you’re doing well after it, people don’t realize how shitty it is to go through if they haven’t walked the road themselves
The worst part is that people who have not lived through abuse or mental problems associated with genetic and external factors start judging and have no clue about the darkness and how it pulls people in. It’s the path of least resistance.

Also, when we’re hurt, or have been hurt by people, we tend to punish ourselves and do things that harm us. There’s always hope and the best days of your life are ahead of you, never forget that.

I’m glad you’re doing well brotha, keep it up. Now you have so much experience, so when life throws a punch at you again, you counter 🥊 MIKE TYSON style! 😝

I have noticed over the years, the kids that start smoking weed youno always seem to have some sort of depression issues. Then they try to fix that with depression meds (more or less uppers), so they swing from one to the other.

And for many here I’m not so sure how all this would apply exactly since most or all are administering copious amounts of exogenous testosterone amongst other things that are already messing with the hpta.

so then the question really is. If I’m already destroying it anyways what true effect is this going to have on my hormones. I’m administering them already.

not that I’m an advocate for weed use. I personally hate the shit. I’m not really questioning relevance as there is obviously many layers here. But I wouldn’t expect this to translate well to most members here ganged in anything from trt to holy shit!

just something to be mindful of when applying this thought.

as cheapy says…. Like anything… moderation and mindfulness is probably the key to unmanageable negative impacts of most everything.
Yea us taking testosterone kinda beats these negative effects... the main issuewith opiates (besides the insane addiction) is it destroys your endocrine system... lots of people who are prescriped opiates for life or long term are also put on trt to combat these negative effects

I got into weed at a very young age, early junior high. Became a chronic user for nearly 8 years straight smoking up to a quarter ounce a day usually off bong rips alone. It helped me a lot dealing with early teenage mental health but very quickly as I started to become more functional and calculated with my decisions and potential outcomes, it 100% was just a dependance forming that broke my motivation and spirit. I have completely stopped using it and since stopping my anxiety has been completely gone, my ability to motivate myself has increased, my physical health has improved immensely, and most of all I appreciate life far more than I did while using it.

It certainly has its place to benefit people who are dying of a disease, suffering severe physical ailments, fresh out of surgery, etc. However, as someone who fucking loved it with every bit of me I now have the opinion that if you’re healthy you should stay away from it as much as you can. Dabble here and there socially, sure. It beats having wine or hard alcohol in terms of physical health but if you don’t have a justified calling for it, I’d absolutely stay away.
100%

Just my two cents since I believe it shouldn't be frowned upon as much as it is. To each their own...

I appreciate the information and I know this is not cannabis vs. alcohol thread but I'd just like to add there are most certainly studies indicating that alcohol can do the same things to our body, if not maybe even worse.

The hormone effects are good to be aware of but like others mentioned many things we do can effect that.

I grew up watching my Mother get the crap beat out of her regularly for many years and this was due to alcohol. I'm certain this would not have hapened if they used cannabis instead of alcohol.

I also watched a friend die a slow death on a hospital bed because he was an alcoholic. He would get out and then be back in fairly soon after until he no longer recovered. Again, would not have happened with Cannabis.

I've seen lots of fights and violence from alcohol that would not likely happen with Cannabis unless mixed with alcohol or other drugs.

I also watched a friend's Mother that had Cancer and had been wasting away and was told she only had weeks to live (according to her Doctor) use capsules which helped her appetite, increased her bodyweight, helped her sleep, made her feel happy and improved her quality of life and she lived an extra year. She then stopped for some reason and then quickly went downhill and ultimately passed away within around a month.

I never use it in the daytime. Usually just an hour or so before bed and in moderation. I don't ever smoke it (not since a teenager) but use vapour or edibles, drops or capsules. I can skip several days and it's no problem other than it works better after taking time away from it. Personally, I find it is beneficial and helps relax and loosen up sore muscles from training so hard. It can almost be like a massage sometimes. The right strains can also help with anxiety and pain. It can also be good for increasing appetite and some strains can be used to fight appetite as well.

Also, there are lots of other powerful compounds other than THC or CBD that are yet to be fully studied and may have health benefits such as CBG, etc.

Thanks & good luck,

OD

I have noticed over the years, the kids that start smoking weed youno always seem to have some sort of depression issues. Then they try to fix that with depression meds (more or less uppers), so they swing from one to the other.

I've read research that says TCH isn't too bad AFTER the brain has fully develped. Of course that's using within reason.. But using TCH before the brain has fully developed can cause a lot of issues with brain developement. Id say if your brain can't develope the way it is supposed to then it would be a form of brain damage.

I juat did my first aid course afgain and the lady did a bit about TCH usage. She says the research now shows that heavy long term TCH use at any stage of life is now bieng contected with schizophrenia. SHe said they don't knwo why tch causes schizophrenia in some and not others.

I've read research that says TCH isn't too bad AFTER the brain has fully develped. Of course that's using within reason.. But using TCH before the brain has fully developed can cause a lot of issues with brain developement. Id say if your brain can't develope the way it is supposed to then it would be a form of brain damage.

I juat did my first aid course afgain and the lady did a bit about TCH usage. She says the research now shows that heavy long term TCH use at any stage of life is now bieng contected with schizophrenia. SHe said they don't knwo why tch causes schizophrenia in some and not others.
LMFAO!

If your predisposed to mental conditions weed can trigger those mental symptoms into effect. Psychosis, a.d.d.(if u believe add is a real thing, i dont), anxiety issues, depression, personality disorders, psychotic episodes, whatever that one is that serial killers have... gives them no conscious.. i dont remember

This is on the predeveloped brain, apparently when its fully developed u have a harder chance of weed causing these.
At one point i was a socialworker till i developed visceral ptsd

O and animal has said... schizophrenia

Last edited:
If your predisposed to mental conditions weed can trigger those mental symptoms into effect. Psychosis, a.d.d.(if u believe add is a real thing, i dont), anxiety issues, depression, personality disorders, psychotic episodes, whatever that one is that serial killers have... gives them no conscious.. i dont remember

This is on the predeveloped brain, apparently when its fully developed u have a harder chance of weed causing these.
At one point i was a socialworker till i developed visceral ptsd

O and animal has said... schizophrenia

ADD or ADHD? they are very different..

I am told at work (and I believe it to be true) that both are bascially a lack of brain hormone.. The hormoe that keeps us stiumulated and happy.

Both conditions make it difficult to focus because their brains arent stiumulated enought to focus.

Often when left undiagnosed, these people naturally evolve to find ways to control the lack of their brain being stiulauted such as drinking coffee,

What I have seen a few times at work is when a young person (say preteen/teen) gets diangosed and medicated for ADD especially, is that they will claim they are no longer depressed along with other symotoms going away. I find it very interesting that these youths have been diagnosed with depression at a much eariler age, but when in life they are later on diagnsed with ADD and given meds, the depression miraculously goes away.. it's no coidisence though since ADD/ADHD people have a lower amount of that feel good, energizing hormone in their brain. I want to know how many youths are rubber stamped "depressed" but when in fact they are ADD and just need to supplement/medicate for the lower aount of hormone.

From my years at work, its shocking how many youths are now diagnosed with depressesion..

I am confident there is a biolgical link between the effects of video games, screen time and social media and the change of brain developement in youths. I'm sure the big men in charge also know this, but they know its a trillion dollar industry and don't want resereach to support a surgeon general warning or a outright ban on these things for people under 18.. ADD/ADHD, autism, depression, anxiety is exponentially rising.. and the causes are obvious, yet ignored. Along with video games/ screen time/social media comes lack of sleep in young developing brains.. I can not tell you how many youths are up until 3,4, 5 am on screens and get on a bus at 7:30 am for a full school day then go home and repeat the same schedule..

The young developing brain is so fragile and so easily permentantly changed if it does not develope properly at each stage..

Weed and booze affect each person differently just like steroids. If i smoke , I like to activate the brain and do something, even if its just workingaroundthe house. When i drink it just shuts down my brain, anything I attempt to do I will probably fuck it up. Most people are the opposite, weed puts them on the couch in a coma..lol

Weed and booze affect each person differently just like steroids. If i smoke , I like to activate the brain and do something, even if its just workingaroundthe house. When i drink it just shuts down my brain, anything I attempt to do I will probably fuck it up. Most people are the opposite, weed puts them on the couch in a coma..lol
I don't do anything when I drink. Well except drink, lol.
Weed I'd play a video game, or bullshit about stupid stuff.

A.d.d. and a.d.h.d were a disorder invented by a pharmaceutical giant owner... i think it moght have been Lilly, basically he said he wants to expand his market, he was referring to the youth. I have been diagnosed with both and i have met many who have been diagnosed. What i found was they all, including me, just had parents who didnt take them places to burn their energy and they werent taught there are specific places to play. They used to say it was a youth disorder and it goes away in late teens but then they just kept adding symptoms and then said it affects everybody. I know university isnt right 100% of the time but i read it in a masters book. Ananomy of an epidemic... really good book, i read it like 5x.
Also before this the psychiatric department for medical studies was laking and it was the lowest paid profession for a doctor. But then when hitler died, the lock and key theory had been used and tested and they were teating everything to see what it did, when hitler died they git their hands on rocket fuel, invented for the v2 rocket.
So psychiatry professionals were going an
roundand seeing these new cures and it was shown that v2 rocket fuel cured t.b. (back then if u had t.b. you were lovked up because you were so contagious and there was no cure) so when these patients (prisioners) were given the v2 rocket and their t.b. was cured they started jumping around in celebration and dancing on their desks. A psychiatrist said o it must also must make people happy. Boom anti depressants were made. Lol fucked up right?
Backthen almost every person had suffered from depression at some point, it was referred to as the blues, but depression would go away on its own after a few weeks. Only like 1 in 500 americans suffered cronic depressive episodes. But since anti depressants came out, our understanding and beliefs have changed and we have used new brain altering substances that were not out back then

. Now 1 in every 5 americans is on an antidepressant (year2012-2013)
So its completely subjective if antidepressants actually help or if its the belief it helps... since mood disorders usually are just personal opinion (personality disorders, schizophrenia shit like that can cause chronic depression and depression that isnt controlled by your own thoughts of course)

I work with this guy who smoked like 10 joints a day and he is skinny, a black belt in like every type of martial artthere is and hes a stunt double, hes ryan gosslyns(idk how the fuck to spell his name) stunt double, hes been on almost every episode of supernatural, as the monster, he also does the sound effects. Weed makes him happy, energetic, and very creative.
. And hes 50, i dontremember whichmartial art is was but he held canadas top for 15 years in a row.
Doesnt affect him negatively at all for what he says

A.d.d. and a.d.h.d were a disorder invented by a pharmaceutical giant owner... i think it moght have been Lilly, basically he said he wants to expand his market, he was referring to the youth. I have been diagnosed with both and i have met many who have been diagnosed. What i found was they all, including me, just had parents who didnt take them places to burn their energy and they werent taught there are specific places to play. They used to say it was a youth disorder and it goes away in late teens but then they just kept adding symptoms and then said it affects everybody. I know university isnt right 100% of the time but i read it in a masters book. Ananomy of an epidemic... really good book, i read it like 5x.
Also before this the psychiatric department for medical studies was laking and it was the lowest paid profession for a doctor. But then when hitler died, the lock and key theory had been used and tested and they were teating everything to see what it did, when hitler died they git their hands on rocket fuel, invented for the v2 rocket.
So psychiatry professionals were going an
roundand seeing these new cures and it was shown that v2 rocket fuel cured t.b. (back then if u had t.b. you were lovked up because you were so contagious and there was no cure) so when these patients (prisioners) were given the v2 rocket and their t.b. was cured they started jumping around in celebration and dancing on their desks. A psychiatrist said o it must also must make people happy. Boom anti depressants were made. Lol fucked up right?
Backthen almost every person had suffered from depression at some point, it was referred to as the blues, but depression would go away on its own after a few weeks. Only like 1 in 500 americans suffered cronic depressive episodes. But since anti depressants came out, our understanding and beliefs have changed and we have used new brain altering substances that were not out back then

. Now 1 in every 5 americans is on an antidepressant (year2012-2013)
So its completely subjective if antidepressants actually help or if its the belief it helps... since mood disorders usually are just personal opinion (personality disorders, schizophrenia shit like that can cause chronic depression and depression that isnt controlled by your own thoughts of course)
My thought is, for the average person, how are you supposed to create pathways and patterns of you don’t deal with depression and such naturally. When you are on drugs all the time, what is normal?

I have a friend, multiple times they have changed his meds, everytime he finally gets to a point where he feels centered, then they come along and fuvk him up again. The last time, they wanted to change his meds again, he was doing really good, best I’d seen in years, i tokd him to tell them, no you don’t want them changed. Anyhow they pressured him until he did, then he was all fucked up again.

Anyhow after another year, I couldn’t take all his mood swings from them fucking with him, so I slowly distanced myself.

After years of watching this, I figured they just liked to experiment on him for fun.

And for many here I’m not so sure how all this would apply exactly since most or all are administering copious amounts of exogenous testosterone amongst other things that are already messing with the hpta.

so then the question really is. If I’m already destroying it anyways what true effect is this going to have on my hormones. I’m administering them already.

not that I’m an advocate for weed use. I personally hate the shit. I’m not really questioning relevance as there is obviously many layers here. But I wouldn’t expect this to translate well to most members here ganged in anything from trt to holy shit!

just something to be mindful of when applying this thought.

as cheapy says…. Like anything… moderation and mindfulness is probably the key to unmanageable negative impacts of most everything.
It does not apply when adding exogenous drugs.
I dunno I smoke daily and always have since 20 yrs old. I honestly do not have any negative and I can build some beef and string like bull, smart like tractor.
So I will keep on smoking.
Career wise, well I am at the top echelon of industry. Called upon minimum 4-5 times per week with offers at top executive roles after working my way from the trenches every step of the way.
I drink zero booze and weed keeps me in check at times.
I do not smoke ever during the day, as it will affect one’s performance and that is not debatable at all, it however does not affect me nor many folks the next day if you do not smoke excess.
I have worked with literally thousands of folk over the last 35 years or so and many were and are partakers.
I can spot a doper a mile away and won’t tolerate it during work hours at all.
Use and abuse like most things.

The difference between medicine and toxin is typically in the dose.

Always remember this fact, doseage is the be all end all for many things.
So yes pot can be used daily responsibly, for certain.
I will continue to use forever.

Last edited:
I dont smoke anymore. Actually i kinda stopped when i was finishing highschool. Just didnt like it anymore.
I have no issues with it as most of my co workers do smoke daily. Im the foreman and theres only a couple of guys that i wont tolerate it from. These guys are a dumb as fuck on a good day, they cant afford to be stoned at work.
What i dont like is the amount of weed stores around. There more of these then tim hortons. Sick of seeing these big signs everywhere. Looks trashy