The Bar - Edmonton

ABMonkey

PCTing.
Trusted Member
The best gym in Edmonton as far as I'm concerned.

Great space, plenty of machines including a nautilus pullover. Guess you would class it as a 'hardcore' gym though everyone there is super friendly. DB's upto 195lb.

Only downside is all the cardio equipment sucks and a lot of it is broken.

Great space, plenty of machines including a nautilus pullover. Guess you would class it as a 'hardcore' gym though everyone there is super friendly. DB's upto 195lb.

Have you ever trained at the Bull Pen in Edmonton?
When i stayed in the city during the fire evac from fort mcmurray i went there for a month and it was the coolest gym i think ive used. Some older chain driven machines. I almost wanted to move there permanent just for that gym.

When i stayed in the city during the fire evac from fort mcmurray i went there for a month and it was the coolest gym i think ive used. Some older chain driven machines. I almost wanted to move there permanent just for that gym.

Do you know if they do drop ins? I wouldn't mind checking it out...Looks deadly

I believe there is some interesting historical ties between the Bull Pen and CDN bodybuilding boards. You'd have to look into it as I am a touch shaky on the story, perhaps someone who knows it well will comment .

I trained there for the first 5 years i lived in EDM. Then i moved too far from it...makes me sad. Good gym.

Also know they got fined once or twice during Covid for not shutting down. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I trained there for the first 5 years i lived in EDM. Then i moved too far from it...makes me sad. Good gym.

Also know they got fined once or twice during Covid for not shutting down. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I havent trained there since 2016 and was only there a month waiting to be allowed home after the fires.
Wasnt cheap. I paid $120 for that month, but i spent 2 hrs a day there so it was worth it.

I’m sorry a 195 pound dumbbell??