The Bar - Edmonton

ABMonkey

Trusted Member
The best gym in Edmonton as far as I'm concerned.

Great space, plenty of machines including a nautilus pullover. Guess you would class it as a 'hardcore' gym though everyone there is super friendly. DB's upto 195lb.

Only downside is all the cardio equipment sucks and a lot of it is broken.

superbeast

Trusted Member

Great space, plenty of machines including a nautilus pullover. Guess you would class it as a 'hardcore' gym though everyone there is super friendly. DB's upto 195lb.

Have you ever trained at the Bull Pen in Edmonton?
When i stayed in the city during the fire evac from fort mcmurray i went there for a month and it was the coolest gym i think ive used. Some older chain driven machines. I almost wanted to move there permanent just for that gym.

Brbpuppy

Trusted Member
When i stayed in the city during the fire evac from fort mcmurray i went there for a month and it was the coolest gym i think ive used. Some older chain driven machines. I almost wanted to move there permanent just for that gym.

Do you know if they do drop ins? I wouldn't mind checking it out...Looks deadly

gondar1

I'm kind of a big deal in Japan
Trusted Member
I believe there is some interesting historical ties between the Bull Pen and CDN bodybuilding boards. You'd have to look into it as I am a touch shaky on the story, perhaps someone who knows it well will comment .

Oldguyjiujitsu

OAF
Trusted Member

I trained there for the first 5 years i lived in EDM. Then i moved too far from it...makes me sad. Good gym.

Also know they got fined once or twice during Covid for not shutting down. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superbeast

Trusted Member
I trained there for the first 5 years i lived in EDM. Then i moved too far from it...makes me sad. Good gym.

Also know they got fined once or twice during Covid for not shutting down. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I havent trained there since 2016 and was only there a month waiting to be allowed home after the fires.
Wasnt cheap. I paid $120 for that month, but i spent 2 hrs a day there so it was worth it.

Rubicon

I’m sorry a 195 pound dumbbell??