Test-E brew was a disaster! :(

Furius_Saturninus_Plautia

Trusted Member
So the test-e I brewed last weekend must have been bad/sour/off whatever. Did a 1ml shot(200test-e/25test-base)in my glute and 24 hours later I had a good sized lump appear followed shortly by a bad bout of test flu(was VERY bad). I used test-e raws from about 2 years ago and not raws I have from around 6 months ago, my mistake. I've heard when test-e turns to gel it ends up being a painful brew, but also heard that's just bullshit so I'm not sure? I have half a kg of test-e in the freezer that's turned to gel, but it's only 6ish months old so I'm really hoping it's still good.

I'd like to be able to save the brew I already made so I'm thinking I will just filter in enough GSO to fill the 50ml jug and HOPEFULLY that will dilute it enough to be ok and then I'll do a 50/50 mix with my tren mix to further dilute it. The tren I brewed is smooth as butter so the test-e must be the cause in my mind.

Any input on this would be super fantastic lol :)

na it didnt go bad, I just finished a brew that was at least 4+ years old (prop and tren), the "test flu" and pain coulda been from the test base or a bad shot or even a bad brew JMO

na it didnt go bad, I just finished a brew that was at least 4+ years old (prop and tren), the "test flu" and pain coulda been from the test base or a bad shot or even a bad brew JMO

What do you mean by bad brew? Test base was just a small amount and I've done higher mg shots with it and no bad reactions so must be the test-e i think. And test prop raws have a longer shelf life than test-e raws from what I understand. I had a reaction the same as this YEARS ago from a vial of AXIO test-e so again I strongly believe the test-e is the culprit in this instance. I'm learning as I go here, but don't we all :)

What do you mean by bad brew? Test base was just a small amount and I've done higher mg shots with it and no bad reactions so must be the test-e i think. And test prop raws have a longer shelf life than test-e raws from what I understand. I had a reaction the same as this YEARS ago from a vial of AXIO test-e so again I strongly believe the test-e is the culprit in this instance. I'm learning as I go here, but don't we all :)

sometimes people get a reaction like that from test base, but if you've done it at a higher g before then that probably wasnt the issue, as for a "bad brew"... im saying you might of not brewed it well, too much or too little of something not heating it well enough, didnt filter good, could be anything to tell you the truth, sorry im jus trying to trouble shoot and think. Was the lump red, warm or itchy?

sometimes people get a reaction like that from test base, but if you've done it at a higher g before then that probably wasnt the issue, as for a "bad brew"... im saying you might of not brewed it well, too much or too little of something not heating it well enough, didnt filter good, could be anything to tell you the truth, sorry im jus trying to trouble shoot and think. Was the lump red, warm or itchy?

No need to say sorry brother, we just be looking to understand the problem and come to a conclusion here so any and ALL input is most welcome :)

As for the brew aspect i did 2/20 for the tren and 2/20 for the test brew and heated both till all compounds were dissolved completely then each filtered into a sterile 50ml jug and then each re filtered into another 50ml jug again. Sterile procedures were followed and the tren mix gave no reaction, but the test mix did however and thus I'm left to believe the test-e is to blame here. From what I understand thus far of course.

You think I should bake my jug of test and see if it helps?
Nope! The temp you need to achieve is way higher than the rubber stopper can take. I would remove all from the vials and re-cook to see if that was the error or not. Me I just pitched mine as there was not that much.

Edit- If the temp was not high enough and cook not long enough before filtering you will need to get it back up to temp and re-filter. To kill bacteria I use 225deg F in the oven for 25mins min after capping

Last edited:
raws gelling doesn't meen they go bad, they just melted or went soft because of atmospheric temperature.
ive pulled deca out of a mail box and was looking at a bag of syrop.

it takes a ridiculously high temp to completely fubar a brew or raw
you could have contaminants inside storage vials. or they were not properly sanitized.

when finished your brew should be crystal clear mct/cso/gso if there is any distortion or cloudyness anytime during filtration run off stop and restart with new sterile items, follow through with a full refiltration of all product.

most common issues of pip after a brew are it never held and you need to reheat or your concentration of BA & BB was off.
during the filtration process there was a malfunction with your filter and there is contamination in your product.

my sugestion is run it all through a bottle top filter, use new sterile vials.

I'm not exactly sure what the original problem was, but I filtered 20+mls of gso into the vial to dilute it and so far so good. Did a 1/2 ml shot yesterday and no adverse reactions today so that's good. Didn't add any heat either, just the extra gso.

BB can really cause PIP. I keep mine at about 13%. That will dissolve 300mg/ml of test e/c no problem.
yes bb is bad but its not as bad a some mig brewed gear omfg
i tried some ment that was brewed in mig and i thought i was going to die from the insane amount of bb that was in there.
i thought tren cough was coming and then it felt like my lungs were immediately coated in mercury or aluminum it was horrible, lasted for almost 20 mins.
2nd time in my life i have ever dumped gear down the sink.

you dont need much bb, ive read some guys homebrew solo with just BA and it holds. synthol holds and runs smooth as hell with 5% BA

I'm going to switch from gso to mct and will start brewing with minimal BB for now on that's for darn sure. I guess I added too much bb/one of my calculations was off? I'll double check here first before I brew ANYTHING for now on lol!!! Wealth of info here and most grateful.

I'm going to switch from gso to mct and will start brewing with minimal BB for now on that's for darn sure. I guess I added too much bb/one of my calculations was off? I'll double check here first before I brew ANYTHING for now on lol!!! Wealth of info here and most grateful.
mct is lovely its one of the nicest carriers to shoot, itl hold 500mg/ml long ester brews with out any super solvents.
itl even hold 350 test-250 deca brew but you need a 23g to shoot it lol its a bit on the thicker side.

mct is lovely its one of the nicest carriers to shoot, itl hold 500mg/ml long ester brews with out any super solvents.
itl even hold 350 test-250 deca brew but you need a 23g to shoot it lol its a bit on the thicker side.

No harpoons for me thanks lol. I stick to 25g for oils and slin pins for water stuff. 23g I use for playing darts ;)

I agree with the above replies, MCT is prob the best carrier oil to use out there Ive been using it for many years, I absolutely hate GSO I get really bad inflammation from it, as for the BB I always used 18-20% BB (2%BA) never had an issue and everything I brew'd was painless, highest was 350-400mgs (EQ). Ive also heard ppl brewing with no BB but Ive never done it myself, if you go that route post up your results