Tendons strengthening

Wafer

Trusted Member
Hello everybody im into powerlifting/bodybuilding.
5'5" 230
I lift has heavy as i can all the time but now being on tren i find im getting stronger then what my tendons can actually takes. I was wondering if there is anything i could possibly do to get those strenghten a little faster. Thanks anyway! Wish you great day!

My observation over a lifetime of grappling with jujitsu, judo and wrestling folks is that tendon strength is built over a long period of time with low-volume high frequency.

Most of us are long, lean with sinewy muscle but not bulky. we are all functionally way stronger than we look and I believe this is due to tendon strength from all the off-balance pushing and pulling day in day out

Heavy weights to failure tax the muscles and the nervous system primarily.

I’ve always like the analogy of the farmer that day in day out lifts Feed, hay bales, etc...Never to failure but done consistently at a high frequency. Some of those old farmers don’t look like they have much muscle on them but are strong as an ox and most of that comes from tendon strength. Same for Olympic lifters

So to answer your question my belief it comes from years of consistency lifting free weights, kettle bells etc. Machines are detrimental to this, but I could make the argument for cables.

If ligaments and tendons due to the lower supply of red blood cells, develop slower and recover much slower than muscles. Than gear creates an even larger gap between ligament and tendon development and muscle development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i mean im kinda wondering how hard i can push em before an injury can happen i have disconfort post training but it always disapear the day after...

So i should work hypertrophy maybe twice much as strenght to kinda level things ??

what makes you ask this? are you starting to experience the first symptoms of tendinopathy? swelling, inflammation, early rupture pain?

testosterone supplementation weakens tendons. used to be lots of articles on this but i couldnt find any right now. steroid use is also associated with increased freq of tendon rupture.

how are you training now? do you alternate light days with heavy? that is one way to avoid injury

what makes you ask this? are you starting to experience the first symptoms of tendinopathy? swelling, inflammation, early rupture pain?

testosterone supplementation weakens tendons. used to be lots of articles on this but i couldnt find any right now. steroid use is also associated with increased freq of tendon rupture.
Been years im experiencing this but in the last years and a half my strenght peaked because i been consistant and more serious about lifting heavy. Its actually my first cycle in last 6 years but i now realise my muscle are too strong compared to my muscles and i would like to speed up the process a bit but i guess its not so possible

how are you training now? do you alternate light days with heavy? that is one way to avoid injury
Im trying but its hard for me not too push the machine to the maximum i usually do 5x5 for my powerliftin coumpound mixed with some hypertrophy to failure with lighter isolation...

best thing is to anticipate this when going on cycle. my philosophy is you can lift heavy every workout but you cant workout each muscle group heavy every time. like you can squat heavy and press light( speed work, weak points, non bench work, technique....) one day and the next workout heavy bench and light leg work.
or do high volume training when on gear. but you probably already know this stuff.
ideally you would have figured out the tendon issue before you go into cycle. gear will make it worse. live and learn. dont let your ego fk you up

I tottaly agree about the ego thing as i im working each body part twice a week ill go hypertrophy once and strenght the other. Thanks for your replys anyway man!

Drop the tren and take 600 MG deca. You’ll thank me later lol.

You can train for tendon strength. I’ve heard slow eccentrics and constant frequency work well. I know when I have had tendinitis I’ve done a lot of band work for my elbows with slow eccentrics and it seems to feel better. Tendons don’t gain strength at the same rate as muscles. Also when you use AAS you add so much strength in such a short time that your joints and tendons can’t adjust. When I take Abomb for example my bench will shoot up 50+ lbs but my elbows feel it.

Drop the tren and take 600 MG deca. You’ll thank me later lol.

You can train for tendon strength. I’ve heard slow eccentrics and constant frequency work well. I know when I have had tendinitis I’ve done a lot of band work for my elbows with slow eccentrics and it seems to feel better. Tendons don’t gain strength at the same rate as muscles. Also when you use AAS you add so much strength in such a short time that your joints and tendons can’t adjust. When I take Abomb for example my bench will shoot up 50+ lbs but my elbows feel it.
Yeah i was thinking about anadrol... how hard is it on you

Yeah i was thinking about anadrol... how hard is it on you
If you’re interested purely in strength I’d say it’s probably the drug of choice. Test, Tren, Deca are also very good for strength.

I don’t recommend Tren or Anadrol especially if you have health issues like high BP. Even if you don’t have high BP, anadrol may give it to you while using it.

Is High bp associated to bloat
No. Just check your bp at a Safeway or a home bp monitor. I’d recommend one at home then you can check especially if you use AAS at high dosages.

Bloat could be your diet, large caloric intake. Also could be G.I issues. Could also be hormone imbalance or high Estrogen levels. You’d need blood work to confirm your estrogen, SHBG, test, free test and free androgens.

Androl doesnt cause bloat as dianabol would ?
Oh I see what you’re saying here. Yes it would. I was my heaviest and fattest on Anadrol. I held way more water on Anadrol then Dbol. Once the cycle is over it tends to disappear.

Depends on your goals and what you want. Tbol wont bloat you like dbol but you won’t be as strong with it.