Ted Lasso

Oldguyjiujitsu

OAF
Trusted Member
Family binge watched this weekend. Real good show. Very funny and with all the darkness in the world today, great to see a story about a truly positive, optimistic person.

Rotten Tomato gave it 91%, not sure i ever seen a show rated that high.

Absolutely loved this show, and I should say that I really hate soccer. Whether I was in a good mood or a real shitty mood, this show always made me smile and laugh. A must watch and a great feel-good show in these times. The world needs more Ted Lasso's in it.

Absolutely loved this show, and I should say that I really hate soccer. Whether I was in a good mood or a real shitty mood, this show always made me smile and laugh. A must watch and a great feel-good show in these times. The world needs more Ted Lasso's in it.
Absolutely the world needs more Ted...Apple has signed on for season 2 and 3. Season 2 is already in production and plans are to release it Summer 2021.

for real. producers are really missing the mark for our times with all the gloom and doom shit. i need some ted lasso now
I'm not so sure they are. If there's one thing this pandemic has done is bring out a lot of negative energy in most people, and they just eat up all this doom and gloom bullshit.

Look at the show "This is Us" as an example. I am convinced the writers meeting went like this....
Producer: "OK guys, we're going to start brainstorming by making a list of every possible sad thing that can happen to someone"
*Builds giant list of sad shit*
Producer: "Well there we go, looks like we have our show!"

People for some reason LOVE being sad.

I'm not so sure they are. If there's one thing this pandemic has done is bring out a lot of negative energy in most people, and they just eat up all this doom and gloom bullshit.

Look at the show "This is Us" as an example. I am convinced the writers meeting went like this....
Producer: "OK guys, we're going to start brainstorming by making a list of every possible sad thing that can happen to someone"
*Builds giant list of sad shit*
Producer: "Well there we go, looks like we have our show!"

People for some reason LOVE being sad.
im not saying you are wrong but when i look at history, the hard times brought out the most escapist entertainment. like cole porter during the depression.