Superchips Vs. Diablosport Tuners?

CosmicJuiceBoxx

Trusted Member
Does anyone have any expierences with either of these or know anyone who has?
Ive heard tuners work best on Diesel trucks, mine is gas.
Looking for a little more 'Oomph!' Outta my 2015 Ram 1500 - as this option is a fraction of Cams and Supercharger (seem overkill for a daily driver).
Any input on the Tuner chips much appreciated! 😁

Does anyone have any expierences with either of these or know anyone who has?
Ive heard tuners work best on Diesel trucks, mine is gas.
Looking for a little more 'Oomph!' Outta my 2015 Ram 1500 - as this option is a fraction of Cams and Supercharger (seem overkill for a daily driver).
Any input on the Tuner chips much appreciated! 😁
I have an ngauge in my car. But honestly its not gonna make a huge difference unless you are running a better fuel like 94 octane or e85. Not sure if anyone still uses superchips or diablosport, they are kinda outdated I believe

I have an ngauge in my car. But honestly its not gonna make a huge difference unless you are running a better fuel like 94 octane or e85. Not sure if anyone still uses superchips or diablosport, they are kinda outdated I believe
Odd, I had a buddy put one in his diesel 3500 and got a ton out of it.
Like I said I just wanted a but more juice (ayyee😉😁) out of the 5.7L engine.
Id run midgrade if it helped get something out of it. I did the exhaust and air intake (always wanted to do those to any vehicle of mine but always owed pieces of shit lol)
Is it a futile, uphill battle tryna get more from my truck?

Odd, I had a buddy put one in his diesel 3500 and got a ton out of it.
Like I said I just wanted a but more juice (ayyee😉😁) out of the 5.7L engine.
Id run midgrade if it helped get something out of it. I did the exhaust and air intake (always wanted to do those to any vehicle of mine but always owed pieces of shit lol)
Is it a futile, uphill battle tryna get more from my truck?
Diesel is a little different because you can turn up the boost. I dont even think i got 20hp from a intake and tune on my car.

Last edited:
I have an SCT BDX for my Gasser and was disappointed at the options it had for tuning. I have done a lot of researching and Diablo would of been the better option but also hptuners is a good option as well.

I have an SCT BDX for my Gasser and was disappointed at the options it had for tuning. I have done a lot of researching and Diablo would of been the better option but also hptuners is a good option as well.
The diablo seems so common that there are so many tunes available even can create your own. (not that I would do that, I have a feeling I would really fuck up my engine).
But its such an enticing idea to play with...

My friend has a 1500 Ram Black Express. He has longtube headers, airraid reaper air intake and a full 4 inch MSRB exhaust running an HP tune on Diablo, he’s very satisfied with the results I forget what he said for dyno proven positive horsepower but it was quite substantial (within the 50-80 range) and the torque gains were solid as well.

Regards
SonOfOdin

My friend has a 1500 Ram Black Express. He has longtube headers, airraid reaper air intake and a full 4 inch MSRB exhaust running an HP tune on Diablo, he’s very satisfied with the results I forget what he said for dyno proven positive horsepower but it was quite substantial (within the 50-80 range) and the torque gains were solid as well.

Regards
SonOfOdin
Awwee yeeaaaa this is what kind of information I was hoping to hear! I've done the cold air intake and the exhaust, but I have stock headers and I just replaced them 4 months ago. I guess I will not be upgrading until they start to shitt the bed. But even so maybe I could strike in the 30-40 range and that would be noticeable. Dont need a racetrack, just a bit ballsier than the average 1500. ☺️☺️☺️
Thanks Odin!

Awwee yeeaaaa this is what kind of information I was hoping to hear! I've done the cold air intake and the exhaust, but I have stock headers and I just replaced them 4 months ago. I guess I will not be upgrading until they start to shitt the bed. But even so maybe I could strike in the 30-40 range and that would be noticeable. Dont need a racetrack, just a bit ballsier than the average 1500. ☺️☺️☺️
Thanks Odin!
Headers and removing the cats are normally your biggest gains.

Didnt remove the cats but I believe the nee exhaust has High flow ones. Better than nothing I guess 🤷‍♂️
Yeah thoose would be better for sure. On my mustang exhaust actually doesn't give me any power unless you change the headers. Then its close to 40hp with a tune

On a gas, I wouldn't chip/program it unless some heavy mods were done. A chip/program on a stock gas isn't going to do much in my experiences. I think you need a decent amount of HP without the chip/program to see anything reaosnable after chipping.

Yes adding 15 hp is reasonable, but will you feel that on the throttle? Not likely unless it was a light vehicle to begin. 15hp on a civic is a huge impact compared to 15hp on a truck...

Programers on a diesel?? why the fuck would anyone own a diesel without programming it is beyond me lol... The issues with program a diesel start when too much turbo boost/ hp is added and then the weakest link will without a doubt implode if the truck is pushed.

On a gas, I wouldn't chip/program it unless some heavy mods were done. A chip/program on a stock gas isn't going to do much in my experiences. I think you need a decent amount of HP without the chip/program to see anything reaosnable after chipping.

Yes adding 15 hp is reasonable, but will you feel that on the throttle? Not likely unless it was a light vehicle to begin. 15hp on a civic is a huge impact compared to 15hp on a truck...

Programers on a diesel?? why the fuck would anyone own a diesel without programming it is beyond me lol... The issues with program a diesel start when too much turbo boost/ hp is added and then the weakest link will without a doubt implode if the truck is pushed.
Good points. I might (most likely) save the $1500 for something else. I figured 15hp to a car would be the same to a truck but I suppose that doesnt make sense if it weighs twice as much. 🤦‍♂️

Aftermarket cylinder heads.
Stroker kit with forged internals to run a little NOS.

Or leave the motor alone and ditch the 3.73gears and put 4.10s in

I bought a tuner to remove some of the torque managment gmc installs to protect the Transmission. I also like to play around with shift points for those pre mature shifts or not down shifting properly.

Yeah for gassers you need some performance parts to really gain the benefits from a tuner.

Are gears the same thing as cams? Not super car savvy myself but trying to still love my truck 😓😌
Nope, im talking about your rear differential. Changing to lower gears will give your truck more torque giving you that oomph.

Really only options you have is make the motor move more air or changing gear ratios in drive train. I'm not really familiar with the tuners but I'm guessing all they do is advance and retard timing and likely adjusting your air to fuel ratio so you won't see big gains.

If you have a couple thousand to spend you likely can find some aftermarket cyclinder heads, or enough to buy gears

Nope, im talking about your rear differential. Changing to lower gears will give your truck more torque giving you that oomph.

Really only options you have is make the motor move more air or changing gear ratios in drive train. I'm not really familiar with the tuners but I'm guessing all they do is advance and retard timing and likely adjusting your air to fuel ratio so you won't see big gains.

If you have a couple thousand to spend you likely can find some aftermarket cyclinder heads, or enough to buy gears
I was looking into the gears this morning, 350-500 USD then the labour, Im sure its still less expensive then the camshaft, I was told the cams is 14 hours labour and I cant recall if that was total or just to get the old ones out. 🤦‍♂️😓

I was looking into the gears this morning, 350-500 USD then the labour, Im sure its still less expensive then the camshaft, I was told the cams is 14 hours labour and I cant recall if that was total or just to get the old ones out. 🤦‍♂️😓
Don't waste your time and money with cams unless you are going a full NA build. Your gonna spend a couple grand to change your powerband. You would need heads, intake manifold, headers to even take advantage of the cams.

Ive been down this road many times..lol. you could change the gears to give you more seat of the pants feel. But its alot of money to build a engine propely and your Likely better off with boost in the end..lol