Suggestions for home gym equipment

This is on track to be here this week. I have a few benches and ez curl bars, and a couple olympic bars, preacher bench etc. Fuck you Trudeau, I'm adapting to home workouts and friggin loving it a lot!!
We bought a wicked treadmill my wife uses, i think its a nordic track, has wicked floor on it and adjustable cushion, and all the bells and whistles, same as her bike. I want to remove the seat on the bike and sit back and watch...But OHHHH, NOOO, of course not...sheesh...

Keep an eye out for valor fitness stuff, it comes from the states, arrives real fast, and prices and quality are very, very good...I was surprised at the quality, its very top notch IMO.

Last edited:
Land mine, get yourself a land mine if you have any sort of a rack to attach it to. I always just put in a corner etc and put a towel or wood piece to ensure i wouldn't damage walls etc. Landmine is slick and works very well on many exercises.
Canadian tire, 40 bucks, beauty.
Ya i use my lindmine all the time. Viking press landmine today for shoulders. Works way better then barbell presses for me

This is on track to be here this week. I have a few benches and ez curl bars, and a couple olympic bars, preacher bench etc. Fuck you Trudeau, I'm adapting to home workouts and friggin loving it a lot!!
We bought a wicked treadmill my wife uses, i think its a nordic track, has wicked floor on it and adjustable cushion, and all the bells and whistles, same as her bike. I want to remove the seat on the bike and sit back and watch...But OHHHH, NOOO, of course not...sheesh...

Keep an eye out for valor fitness stuff, it comes from the states, arrives real fast, and prices and quality are very, very good...I was surprised at the quality, its very top notch IMO.

This is the last piece I need for my gym..... Okay maybe a Smith Machine. C'monnnnnnn Santa!

One must always remember we are humans, and we need to be stimulated as well as love to lift. I need to have a bit of something to keep me motivated. The brain part is a factor as well working out at home. So it is good to get the very basics to keep one going for the short term, BUT IMHO, if you want to go long term and continually improve etc, one needs to have something that makes you want to go after it every day and for many, the very basics wont do that over a long period of time to permanent situation. That's just me though and what i have seen from home set ups.
Get what you NEED, then take your time and get what you WANT, and it will be better imo over the long haul if one is removed from gyms or has no desire to be there.

1639755727215.gif

Look at Valor fitness sometime, they have great stuff shipped to your door at very reasonable pricing even after exchange. I have a couple other things ill be getting. They are not sod out of every fucking thing like everywhere up here lately.
These guys hit you with duty?

All was paid at checkout. No extra fees once in Canada. They send you the quote on equipment you purchase, and break it down for shipping, taxes etc. Then you pay via PayPal, it’s shipped within a couple hours and tracking number is sent to you.
No hidden bullshit when it gets past border.
I typically try and order in Canada, but you can’t find a leg extension / curl machines anywhere and the cable cross assemblies to attach to the power rack are something I cannot find here either.
If one is interested in the cable assemblies and bolt pattern is a bit off, it is very easy to modify and get to fit.
The quality is good. I am a fussy tradesman for mechanical equipment and good is a thumbs up. A few little things I would have done a bit better and I modified once I got it home. I’d say an 8/10 for quality but you can turn to a 9, or 9.5 quickly at home.