Struggling to finish meals.

Test4life

Trusted Member
So I started my blast 4 weeks ago. I’m on a bulk. Up until a few days ago I was crushing my cal surplus, some days eating even more. Now all of the sudden I’m really struggling to reach my target. It’s not an issue with feeling hungry, but rather finishing my meals. First time having this issue. All the aas I’m using I’ve used multiple times, fibres in check. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I’ve found in the past when I was much more structured with my diet that I would get so sick of eating the same things that I would have a hard time getting food down. To the point where I would chew my chicken and take a big slug of water to swallow.

Try varying your foods. Try some pork instead of chicken, or ground. That was the only way I could get all my food in.

Don’t leave the table till it’s finished! Simple lol no like these guys said switch it up a bit you can get bored eating the same food/seasoning everyday..... if all else fails buy a bunch of juicy steaks if you can’t finish those then I might be a little worried lol

Take one digestive enzyme pill with your breakfast. It will reduce your bloat all day making it easier to jam food on. Nevermind the part where is will cut down on the burping and farting.
just buy the normal ones at shoppers or wherever, dont bother with the expensive ones at the suplement store

When your full your full... don't push the eating so hard that you stop liking food. The only way I got around this problem was protein shakes between 3 meals. But you have to like the taste of the protein shake to get it down. So 3 heaping scoops of powder 75 grams of protein, vanilla flavor, 1% milk , frozen blue berries and ( here's the kicker that makes it good for me) ... quarter of a tub of blueberry yogurt. Tasted like an Ice cream drink with the yogurt. I did 3 of those between my 3 meals ( 225 grams of protein from shakes, very easy to drink). I could not eat enough solid food or I would puke so this was my solution. I had read one pro BB who did that ... Not sure if it was Dexter Jackson ... but it worked for me. And it did not put a lot of fat bulk on me... it put muscle and leaned me up. Did this while training for a competition. I think of a bulking cycle as putting on more muscle not just bulk which would include fat stores. Cheers ... hope this helped a bit.

You mentioned bulk. Are you taking orals? That does it for me everythime about 4 weeks in, kills my appetite. Heres a little trick I use. At 4 weeks I start mk677 and it gives me a little boost in my appetite, only for a few weeks. Then I drop the orals.

GHRP-6 will help a lot. As mentioned orals kill the food intake.
Also ensure you are taking in quick digesting foods as well. Taking in too many hard to digest foods will limit you big time. I have never ever had this issue, I'm hungry all the time. But i do take in digestive enzymes, 1000 mg of vitamin C each meal and ghrp-6 if doing more food than i should be or if on certain orals.

When your full your full... don't push the eating so hard that you stop liking food. The only way I got around this problem was protein shakes between 3 meals. But you have to like the taste of the protein shake to get it down. So 3 heaping scoops of powder 75 grams of protein, vanilla flavor, 1% milk , frozen blue berries and ( here's the kicker that makes it good for me) ... quarter of a tub of blueberry yogurt. Tasted like an Ice cream drink with the yogurt. I did 3 of those between my 3 meals ( 225 grams of protein from shakes, very easy to drink). I could not eat enough solid food or I would puke so this was my solution. I had read one pro BB who did that ... Not sure if it was Dexter Jackson ... but it worked for me. And it did not put a lot of fat bulk on me... it put muscle and leaned me up. Did this while training for a competition. I think of a bulking cycle as putting on more muscle not just bulk which would include fat stores. Cheers ... hope this helped a bit.
Its funny that you mentioned this. I quit drinking shakes and started to eat food instead and I found that I started to get fat a lot easier. I’m not even sure if it helped me to grow better by eating real food.
I used to try and get my protien from the shakes, than anything I ate aftert that I considered a bonus.

My bloods came back really good that way as well, I guess maybe I should check them now and see what they are like on whole food.

You know since I can drink milk again, now with the help of digestive enzymes, I was really thinking of going back to the shakes again. It was so much easier, I could drink those wile working instead of cooking all these meals.

Thanks for reminding me that you can get big and lean on shakes.

Reactions: PGM
Take one digestive enzyme pill with your breakfast. It will reduce your bloat all day making it easier to jam food on. Nevermind the part where is will cut down on the burping and farting.
just buy the normal ones at shoppers or wherever, dont bother with the expensive ones at the suplement store
Thanks for that man. I’m definitely going to look into getting those. The gas gets out of hand that’s for sure lol

There's a lot of possible ways to go about it depending on what the root cause is. If your appetite is there but you can't get it down I'd look to make your food taste better with variety or whatever seasonings/condiments/cooking methods you enjoy and higher palatable foods. Personally for me, ground beef or ground chicken are 10x easier to eat then steak or full chicken breasts during an offseason. If your protein or fat intake is excessively high that'll also slow things down and make it harder to get food in. If you don't have an appetite then it could be any orals you're using as others mentioned too. Probiotic supplements or digestive enzymes may help. A little bit of cardio or a walk after meals helps keep appetite up for me as well if you're not already doing that

Another tool that Patrick Tuor and some other top coaches advocate for is periodically cutting back and entering an aggressive calorie deficit for a a few days or as long as a week to reestablish your appetite when eating becomes too much of a struggle and digestion goes downhill

Thanks @pgmunn, I use shakes along with my food. I think I’m going to add more protein powder into my diet. It has never bothered my stomach thankfully, and I use lots of whole milk. Definitely try the yogurt tho. Thanks man

P
You mentioned bulk. Are you taking orals? That does it for me everythime about 4 weeks in, kills my appetite. Heres a little trick I use. At 4 weeks I start mk677 and it gives me a little boost in my appetite, only for a few weeks. Then I drop the orals.
na man no orals as they kill my guts. I have some mk667 kicking around that I’ve been meaning to use tho.

I’ve found in the past when I was much more structured with my diet that I would get so sick of eating the same things that I would have a hard time getting food down. To the point where I would chew my chicken and take a big slug of water to swallow.

Try varying your foods. Try some pork instead of chicken, or ground. That was the only way I could get all my food in.
I think I’ve been eating the same foods for so long that that might be the problem. I’m definitely going to incorporate some new foods and see if that will help. Thanks man , appreciate it!

GHRP-6 will help a lot. As mentioned orals kill the food intake.
Also ensure you are taking in quick digesting foods as well. Taking in too many hard to digest foods will limit you big time. I have never ever had this issue, I'm hungry all the time. But i do take in digestive enzymes, 1000 mg of vitamin C each meal and ghrp-6 if doing more food than i should be or if on certain orals.
Thanks man, appreciate it!

Honestly I eat a lot of food and the only way I know I do is because I cook things to perfection. Make sure you take the internal temp so you don’t overbook. . If you’re on a bulk. Do the small things. Wrap chicken breast in bacon. Ribeyes for days. Cheese and salsa omelettes etc

I like to est my food wet
Instead if trying to eat something that's dry and choking it down I'll mix it with chicken or beef broth make it like a soup and drink it down
Fucking oatmeal bla I'm so sick of it so I mix it with piles of water and drink it
Oh ya try to use stuff that's easy to digest
Ground beef
Eggs
Fish

Use fast carbs
White Rice/bread
If you eat oatmeal rip it in the blender before you cook...easier to chew and dogest

As far as drugs it was mentioned ghrp6 that will definitely do the trick and so does slin