strength test to predict death from cardiovascular disease

They did a study on elderly and their ability to get off the floor, and could predict within a couple months when they would die. It was like 80% accurate.
so strength would be a good predictor, it maybe not until you are older.

I’m dying young then, lol. I’m not sure even when young if I could do 40 push ups, even when I was in great cardio shape, and could run 3-4 miles easily.

Ok I just checked, I can do 40, fucking killed me, but could have likely done 44.
Actually shocked me, I trained chest last night and only had coffee this morning.
I’m now thinking I need to train chest harder lol

Last edited:
Ok I just checked, I can do 40, fucking killed me, but could have likely done 44.
Actually shocked me, I trained chest last night and only had coffee this morning.
I’m now thinking I need to train cheesy harder lol
just lean out a bit more so you have less weight to push...lol

Last edited:
well I just did it...did 40 but might have been able to do 1 or 2 more at MAX, maybe. I am very surprised I hit 40

I think that's the main correlation hitting they're hitting on here, all else being equal, arm strength/endurance the same, is that unwanted extra upper body mass will weigh down your pushup reps, and it's visceral fat weight, the metabolic syndrome issues, that predicts heart disease very greatly.