Stefi Cohen - Over 4 x bodyweight deadlift - Freaken awesome - She does not look like a Guy either

I’m actually in my living room copying every position she’s doing so I can memorize it lol

that is great ... she is a great deadlifter. I used her technique tonight of slowly tightening and pushing through the floor with your feet and continuing to exert more and more pressure. It allows u to better control the technique all the way up. I will be watching this video a number of times ... I got it book marked. And look at her leg development... it look really muscular but not unfeminine.

that is great ... she is a great deadlifter. I used her technique tonight of slowly tightening and pushing through the floor with your feet and continuing to exert more and more pressure. It allows u to better control the technique all the way up. I will be watching this video a number of times ... I got it book marked. And look at her leg development... it look really muscular but not unfeminine.

Wrt to 'pushing through the floor', that's how I was taught to deadlift. If you're pulling you're not maximizing your potential, plus, you're also not engaging everything. I also find this is easiest done in socks. When pushing, everything is engaged from the ground up. Everything is tight and feels like a compressed spring. Once core and shoulders are set, drive through your feet as though you are trying to push your feet through the floor. It sounds obvious, but it wasn't until I trained at a powerlifting gym that I realized how much I had been focusing on pulling, and not pushing. And, the difference is huge. To further reinforce the technique I stop at the bottom of every rep, reset, and re-engage. When you're doing 8+ rep sets it's brutal. No momentum at all, each rep feels like a micro set. I like it b/c it empahasizes resetting/re-engaging everything, especially the core. As one powerlifter once told me, if your core isn't blasted after deads/legs then you're doing it wrong. I don't do this every workout, but I do it for one of my two deadlifting sessions each week.

Probably the most noticeable benefit from lifting, esp since I train legs (in one way or another) 3x week, is my core strength.

Wrt to 'pushing through the floor', that's how I was taught to deadlift. If you're pulling you're not maximizing your potential, plus, you're also not engaging everything. I also find this is easiest done in socks. When pushing, everything is engaged from the ground up. Everything is tight and feels like a compressed spring. Once core and shoulders are set, drive through your feet as though you are trying to push your feet through the floor. It sounds obvious, but it wasn't until I trained at a powerlifting gym that I realized how much I had been focusing on pulling, and not pushing. And, the difference is huge. To further reinforce the technique I stop at the bottom of every rep, reset, and re-engage. When you're doing 8+ rep sets it's brutal. No momentum at all, each rep feels like a micro set. I like it b/c it empahasizes resetting/re-engaging everything, especially the core. As one powerlifter once told me, if your core isn't blasted after deads/legs then you're doing it wrong. I don't do this every workout, but I do it for one of my two deadlifting sessions each week.

Probably the most noticeable benefit from lifting, esp since I train legs (in one way or another) 3x week, is my core strength.

Its always been a push not a pull, I have never thought of it any other way. In the conventional deadlift you push through the floor and once you go past your knees with the bar you push your hips out (squeeze your glutes) and your upper back up and back. In the sumo its a little different, you try to spread the floor with the feet rather then push straight down, This is due to the angle of the knee (45 degree angle or more towards the plates) through the whole movement of the sumo versus the conventional. With the sumo you want to make the distance between the groin and the center bar as small at possible so your lever arm is small so you don't have to use as much force as a conventional deadlifter with the same weight a the lever arm is longer. The whole focus with the sumo is to drag the bar up the body as close as possible so all the force is transfered to the bar and it comes up in a straight line. Once the bar goes above the knee then u do the same as a conventional, push hips through squeezing your butt hard and pushing your upper back up and back.

In my opinion a touch and go is not a deadlift, Either the person is unknowledgeable or is trying to show off that he can do a heavy weight multiple time with a bounce. I never do 8+ reps with the deadlift as I use relative heavy weight so I don't want my form to deteriorate. I always keep my warm up reps 3-5 an work sets between 2-3 or 1. I do more set with less reps that is all.

Deadlifting is fun and I use to always lift conventional now I switching to sumo and am watching a lot people who can pull a lot of weight like Stefi Cohen she is very good. You tube brings the best instruction.

the most important portion of her explaining the deadlift is the analogy about a car jack and her hips. pushing the hips and butt down and lifting the bar up, also keeping the the chest up and shoulders in line with the bar. Soon as I got that the lift became easier.