Starting TRT+HCG - Adjusting starting dose?

snikok

Hi everyone,

I’ve decided to try TRT to see if it improves my quality of life. I will be getting T and HCG from UGL.

My numbers are:

Total T - 17.8nmol/L which is ~500ng/dl (range 8.6-29.0)
Free T - 447 (range 200-620)
SHBG - 21 (range 18.3-54.1)
Estradiol - 116 (range 55-165)

Age 30
Weight 220lbs (quite a bit of fat)

I would appreciate some advices on my protocol.
I want my numbers to be near the top range (1000-1100).
What would be a good dose to start considering my bodyweight?
How much HCG should i use to stay fertile?
And finally, should i take an AI or should i wait until my first blood test is done after a month or so?

160mg a week twice a week should get you on the mark.
Hcg not sure i have some but never used it decided not to come off.

Real talk?
I think you should go back to your other thread and read @Bagua 's post about 10 thousand times before you take any hormones at all.

I guess that might make me a dink too but I'm okay with it, good company in that group.

In Health,
Gondar1

I post because I care.

Beware that some trt patients experience anxiety and insomnia when their testosterone is above normal range. Also if you use an ai to control E2, and drive it too low it can also cause anxiety snd insomnia.

Taking hormones out of there natural balance can have positive and negative effects on the brain. TRT can be risky to mental health if you do not have current issues under control.

These comments come from experience...not from a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everyone is different.
when i am on my trt, my dialed in dose is 180mg and 250iu of hcg 3 times a week.

Plus, editing posts is fine but deleting posts and such when you're asking for advise from others shows total disrespect in my opinion.

Why not try hcg alone?

my test levels were 8nmol/L when I was 18 and decided to use gear. Wish I knew more about hormones and tried hcg or other disagnostics/testing first

whatever you do, best of luck, just know what you’re getting yourself into. I did, which is why I have no regrets

Why not try hcg alone?

my test levels were 8nmol/L when I was 18 and decided to use gear. Wish I knew more about hormones and tried hcg or other diagnostics/testing first

whatever you do, best of luck, just know what you’re getting yourself into. I did, which is why I have no regrets
I don't think he is aware of HCG monotherapy as I do not believe he has done far enough research. He says he is carrying a bunch of fat and his test numbers are +/- 500ng/dl......for one that is a decent level and two, if he was training & eating properly then he would be able to optimize his natural testosterone & raise it up while doing so.
Being fat and him using exogenous test & HCG are probably going to raise his anxiety as he is going to be unable to regulate his E2 due to excess aromatization.

I don't think he is aware of HCG monotherapy as I do not believe he has done far enough research. He says he is carrying a bunch of fat and his test numbers are +/- 500ng/dl......for one that is a decent level and two, if he was training & eating properly then he would be able to optimize his natural testosterone & raise it up while doing so.
Being fat and him using exogenous test & HCG are probably going to raise his anxiety as he is going to be unable to regulate his E2 due to excess aromatization.

to each their own, who knows it may be beneficial to him

Hi everyone,

I’ve decided to try TRT to see if it improves my quality of life. I will be getting T and HCG from UGL.

My numbers are:

Total T - 17.8nmol/L which is ~500ng/dl (range 8.6-29.0)
Free T - 447 (range 200-620)
SHBG - 21 (range 18.3-54.1)
Estradiol - 116 (range 55-165)

Age 30
Weight 220lbs (quite a bit of fat)

I would appreciate some advices on my protocol.
I want my numbers to be near the top range (1000-1100).
What would be a good dose to start considering my bodyweight?
How much HCG should i use to stay fertile?
And finally, should i take an AI or should i wait until my first blood test is done after a month or so?

Imo, your E2 is high already, which is contributing to your low energy, and that's likely due to the extra weight you are carrying. If not already, start with working out. Put cardio first, it puts you in an aerobic state (raises your heart rate), then hit the weights sticking to basic compound movements, and some assistance exercises. The key is to maintain the intensity as it will keep that elevated heart rate, and burn a shitload more calories via those heavy compound movements. 15-20 mins of interval cardio + 40 mins of high volume-short rest weight lifting, and you will melt away the pounds. It's also taxing to the endocrine system, so ease into it. Within a month you will notice a huge difference. Within 4-6 months you'll be a different man.

There's also the question of diet. If you drink, consider stopping. Overhaul your entire diet. Don't cook? Now is a great time to learn. Alcohol is great at pushing up your E2, plus terrible for weight. Your test levels are solid, and SHBG is great, so there's no need to take exogenous test. To do so is a personal choice, but I believe a careless one.

If you think pushing your FT up to 1000 is going to make everything great you are in for a world of difficulties.

My FT at 120/wk is same as yours, my shbg is twice as high, and I donate blood every 4 months to keep hemoglobin and hematocrit in check. I've had my FT at 1000. felt great in the gym, but that's about it. If you are a high E2 converter, which you will be due to your excess weight, that is a mess you are not ready for.

You're 30. Kick yourself in the ass and put the work in the gym, and as much other physical activity you can take advantage of. If you want an extra edge in shedding the weight, research the shit out of ketosis and the keto diet.

My advice is sincere, you don't need test, and you are going about it all wrong. Feel free to tell me where to put my advice, but I've learned lessons you haven't. My bet is that once you shed the weight you will feel so good that trt will be a distant afterthought.

Last edited: