starting prescription DHEA today

Instead of taking prescribed DHEA, why not take small doses of HCG, thereby keeping the entire hpta functioning? Pregnenolone is also important and serves many beneficial factors, including cognition, mood, and libido. I also read DHEA aids mood and cognition. I'm mainly curious on other's thoughts.

I have zero sides from 25mg. And i take time off to make sure i don’t suppress my natural production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im curious how long you run it for and how long of a break. I know very little about this compound.

Instead of taking prescribed DHEA, why not take small doses of HCG, thereby keeping the entire hpta functioning? Pregnenolone is also important and serves many beneficial factors, including cognition, mood, and libido. I also read DHEA aids mood and cognition. I'm mainly curious on other's thoughts.

DHEA and HCG are not the same thing. They have some common functions, but are not the same

Im curious how long you run it for and how long of a break. I know very little about this compound.

I've been on 100mg a day prescription for almost a year now..

No sides, but I deffinitly notice when my script runs out and I go a few days without it.. First thing I notice is my mood sucks and I have no patience.

My buddy was just put on prescription 100mg ed as well. He's noticed he feels a lot better mood wise and energy.

DHEA and HCG are not the same thing. They have some common functions, but are not the same

I was referring to maintaining function of the hpta by using HCG, which in turn would improve levels of DHEA. HCG would increase production of pregnenolone, which is the parent hormone of DHEA and progesterone. From DHEA you get testosterone and estrogen.

This was just spit-balling, not a serious recommendation, however, I have read quite a bit about hcg supplementation as part of trt protocol. I just had mine tested and am in the high normal range, but my progesterone is high. I haven't found enough about progesterone, aside from the level of prolactin. I have no reason to believe my prolactin is high, but it's due to get checked.

I've been on 100mg a day prescription for almost a year now..

No sides, but I deffinitly notice when my script runs out and I go a few days without it.. First thing I notice is my mood sucks and I have no patience.

My buddy was just put on prescription 100mg ed as well. He's noticed he feels a lot better mood wise and energy.
That seems like a hefty dose. Are you in range now at 100mg? Im still quite young, dont think i need that much

So my dheas just came back at 14.6umol which says high? 14 is max. And iv never taken a dhea supplement i actually thought i was low.

What are your guys levels?

Also is dhea different then dheas or are they and do the test mean the same?

So my dheas just came back at 14.6umol which says high? 14 is max. And iv never taken a dhea supplement i actually thought i was low.

Dhea-s this one of the three metabolites of dhea.

Dhea-s this one of the three metabolites of dhea.

Was hopin you or gondar would respond to this lol
Ok so what are the 3 ?
Is it possible to be deficient in 1 and not the other? Example dhea / dheas where im high dheas but could i be low dhea?
And what is optimal?

My doc told me when I was around 20 years old (now 40), my DHEA levels would have been at optimum levels at 14 or so. Mine were around 6, so he got me to 11-13 with 100mg dhea.

I don't think having homrone levels naturally test slightly high is a bad thing... You do need to be aware that tumour's can secrete hormones, so if your hormone levels test high, its worth getting them tested every so often to make sure they are rising higher and higher which is a sign of a hormone secreting tumour.

My doc told me when I was around 20 years old (now 40), my DHEA levels would have been at optimum levels at 14 or so. Mine were around 6, so he got me to 11-13 with 100mg dhea.

I don't think having homrone levels naturally test slightly high is a bad thing... You do need to be aware that tumour's can secrete hormones, so if your hormone levels test high, its worth getting them tested every so often to make sure they are rising higher and higher which is a sign of a hormone secreting tumour.
That's a good point, thays the first time i had checked dhea and inwas really thinkin it was low due to my thyroid issues and stress, but to my surprise it was above range.

So ill definitely be keeping an eye on it for any increase, and adrenal cancers or tumors.

I think thats what the arcticL meant when inread it on dhea that if your dhea is already in range taking more can speed up any possible cancers.

Thats why i had the concern.

This is from my CPS which doesn't say much because there is no frequency reported.
Adverse Effects
Frequency Not Defined
Abdominal pain

Acne

Decreased HDL cholesterol

Fatigue

Hair loss

Headache

Hirsutism

Hypertension

Hypo/hyperglycemia

Hypomania

Increased risk of hormone-sensitive tumors (very high dose)

Insomnia

Irritability

Liver dysfunction

Mania

Menstrual irregularities

Nasal congestion

Psychosis

Sexual inappropriateness

Voice deepening (high dose)
This is a list of pretty ever med I have seen that doctors prescribe. Honestly I think the medical profession list just about everything to cover their ass. I just want to no the most likely that they have seen, not the ones that they are guessing at.

Was hopin you or gondar would respond to this lol
Ok so what are the 3 ?
Is it possible to be deficient in 1 and not the other? Example dhea / dheas where im high dheas but could i be low dhea?
And what is optimal?

No expert, but to the best of my understanding they are all tightly linked as they are metabolites of DHEA And not separate hormones. Dhea-s (sulphate), 7-keto dhea and I can’t remember the third. Dhea-s affects the CNS and brain function...memory and learning, 7-keto affects metabolism and the third regulates sex hormone, thyroid and blocks cortisol.

This is a list of pretty ever med I have seen that doctors prescribe. Honestly I think the medical profession list just about everything to cover their ass. I just want to no the most likely that they have seen, not the ones that they are guessing at.

That is why I mentioned no frequency reported. Most meds in a CPS have percentages attached to the sides. If it doesn't find one that does. Nobody is trying to cover their asses.
This is Seroquel or Quetiapine.

Adverse Effects​

>10%​

Dizziness (1-18%)

Fatigue (3-14%)

Extrapyramidal symptoms (1-13%)

Increased diastolic blood pressure (41%)

Increased triglycerides (8-22%)

Increased total cholesterol (7-18%)

Increased appetite (2-12%)

Constipation (6-11%)

Dry mouth (9-44%)

Headache (7-21)

Somnolence (18-57%)

1-10%​

Abdominal pain (4-7%; dose related)

Dyspepsia (2-7%; dose related

Tremor (2-8%)

Back pain (3-5%)

Postural hypotension (2-7%)

Tachycardia (1-6%)

Pharyngitis (4-6%)

Rhinitis (3-4%)

Rash (4%)

Blurred vision (1-4%)

Arthralgia (1-4%)

Myalgia (2%)

Neck pain (2%)

Dyskinesia (4%)

Neutropenia (2%)

Hemorrhage (1%)

< 1%​

Priapism

Cardiomyopathy, myocarditis

QTc prolongation

Night mares

Pancreatitis

Rhabdomyolysis

Palpitation

Leukocytosis

Epistaxis

Exfoliative dermatitis

Postmarketing Reports​

Drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS), falls, nocturnal enuresis, retrograde amnesia, syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH), Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS), toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN), decreased platelet count, serious liver reactions (including hepatitis, liver necrosis, and hepatic failure), agranulocytosis, intestinal obstruction, ileus, colon ischemia, urinary retention, sleep apnea, and acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis (AGEP)
Next: Warnings

That is why I mentioned no frequency reported. Most meds in a CPS have percentages attached to the sides. If it doesn't find one that does. Nobody is trying to cover their asses.
This is Seroquel or Quetiapine.

Adverse Effects​

>10%​

Dizziness (1-18%)

Fatigue (3-14%)

Extrapyramidal symptoms (1-13%)

Increased diastolic blood pressure (41%)

Increased triglycerides (8-22%)

Increased total cholesterol (7-18%)

Increased appetite (2-12%)

Constipation (6-11%)

Dry mouth (9-44%)

Headache (7-21)

Somnolence (18-57%)

1-10%​

Abdominal pain (4-7%; dose related)

Dyspepsia (2-7%; dose related

Tremor (2-8%)

Back pain (3-5%)

Postural hypotension (2-7%)

Tachycardia (1-6%)

Pharyngitis (4-6%)

Rhinitis (3-4%)

Rash (4%)

Blurred vision (1-4%)

Arthralgia (1-4%)

Myalgia (2%)

Neck pain (2%)

Dyskinesia (4%)

Neutropenia (2%)

Hemorrhage (1%)

< 1%​

Priapism

Cardiomyopathy, myocarditis

QTc prolongation

Night mares

Pancreatitis

Rhabdomyolysis

Palpitation

Leukocytosis

Epistaxis

Exfoliative dermatitis

Postmarketing Reports​

Drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS), falls, nocturnal enuresis, retrograde amnesia, syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH), Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS), toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN), decreased platelet count, serious liver reactions (including hepatitis, liver necrosis, and hepatic failure), agranulocytosis, intestinal obstruction, ileus, colon ischemia, urinary retention, sleep apnea, and acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis (AGEP)
Next: Warnings

This is a really good explanation of the potenial sides.

Unfortunately for me (and most people), unless you experience a fairly intense side effect all of a sudden, the sides you get are never noticed or they are attributed to something else.

For example, I have neck pain.. Didn't have it before DHEA, but it didn't start right after I started DHEA.. And I'm pretty sure it was physical exericse that caused it.. I might be wrong and it might be the DHEA. Can't be sure unless I stop the DHEA and see if the neck pain goes away.

The only other thing on the list I felt was constipation.. But I artributed it to switching to a keto type diet. KEto diets tend to have lower fibre unless you purposefully add fibre.. So when I started DHEA, I also started keto.. I learned to up my fibre pretty quick lol.. wHo knows if it was the keto or the DHEA..

My wife on the other hand can't read the side effects of a precription or even supplement or she will think she has every side effect within hours of taking the first pill lol..

I got her to try creatine for energy.. lol.. with in hours she read the side effects and complained about muscle cramping, direah, constipation, dehydration etc lol.. Just the way she is.