Spirituality, faith, belief...are these things of the past or do people still have beliefs these days?

The devisiveness of religion is only mirroring human nature. Just like politics, etc.
True but the Bible explains our nature in perfect detail. It wasn't until I realized how fucked up I was that I could make a change. Think about this there isn't even a mathematical formula that exists that could evaluate the odds of us existing out here. From nothing g to something is theoretically impossible scientists say let alone the fact that if any thing happened the slightest bit different we wouldn't be alive. Just for us to be here they say it's only plausible that infinite other universes must be able to exist with infintly different ways that things are slightly different like our brains aren't even build to be able to understand it. The world has only been ungodly for the last like 50 years every country every culture and society has believed in some form of spirituality for as long as history has been recorded. In the Bible it talks about times when man kind turned their backs on God and what happened? War death plague everything that's kind of happening now. Natural disasters I'm no conspiracy theorist but that's just how it happened in the Bible. I think covid is just stupid ass covid but it could look like bigger shit to some people.

True but the Bible explains our nature in perfect detail. It wasn't until I realized how fucked up I was that I could make a change. Think about this there isn't even a mathematical formula that exists that could evaluate the odds of us existing out here. From nothing g to something is theoretically impossible scientists say let alone the fact that if any thing happened the slightest bit different we wouldn't be alive. Just for us to be here they say it's only plausible that infinite other universes must be able to exist with infintly different ways that things are slightly different like our brains aren't even build to be able to understand it. The world has only been ungodly for the last like 50 years every country every culture and society has believed in some form of spirituality for as long as history has been recorded. In the Bible it talks about times when man kind turned their backs on God and what happened? War death plague everything that's kind of happening now. Natural disasters I'm no conspiracy theorist but that's just how it happened in the Bible. I think covid is just stupid ass covid but it could look like bigger shit to some people.
I think a lot of people don't overly care enough to look out and wonder how or why about anything beyond earthly matters. Which is normal now a days

"The problem with religion, because it's been sheltered from criticism, is that it allows people to believe en masse what only idiots or lunatics could believe in isolation."
-Sam Harris

"The core of science is not controlled experiment or mathetical modeling; it is intellectual honesty. It is time we acknowledge a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one isn't."

"Religious moderation is the direct result of taking scripture less and less seriously. So why not take it less seriously still? Why not admit the the Bible is merely a collection of imperfect books written by highly fallible human beings."

"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

"Are you really surprised by the endurance of religion? What ideology is likely to be more durable than one that conforms, at every turn, to our powers of wishful thinking? Hope is easy; knowledge is hard. Science is the one domain in which we human beings make a truly heroic effort to counter our innate biases and wishful thinking. Science is the one endeavor in which we have developed a refined methodology for separating what a person hopes is true from what he has good reason to believe. The methodology isn't perfect, and the history of science is riddled with abject failures of scientific objectivity. But that is just the point-these have been failures of science, discovered and corrected by-what, religion? No, by good science."

"Our world is fast succumbing to the activities of men and women who would stake the future of our species on beliefs that should not survive an elementary school education."

"The problem with religion, because it's been sheltered from criticism, is that it allows people to believe en masse what only idiots or lunatics could believe in isolation."
-Sam Harris

"The core of science is not controlled experiment or mathetical modeling; it is intellectual honesty. It is time we acknowledge a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one isn't."

"Religious moderation is the direct result of taking scripture less and less seriously. So why not take it less seriously still? Why not admit the the Bible is merely a collection of imperfect books written by highly fallible human beings."

"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

"Are you really surprised by the endurance of religion? What ideology is likely to be more durable than one that conforms, at every turn, to our powers of wishful thinking? Hope is easy; knowledge is hard. Science is the one domain in which we human beings make a truly heroic effort to counter our innate biases and wishful thinking. Science is the one endeavor in which we have developed a refined methodology for separating what a person hopes is true from what he has good reason to believe. The methodology isn't perfect, and the history of science is riddled with abject failures of scientific objectivity. But that is just the point-these have been failures of science, discovered and corrected by-what, religion? No, by good science."

"Our world is fast succumbing to the activities of men and women who would stake the future of our species on beliefs that should not survive an elementary school education."
Yea but science can only explain so much even things inside the universe science is cant figure out yet let alone outside our universe. I disagree fully with your elementary school comment too mosaicreligion alone has lasted 7000 years+ let alone any other ones. Even an elementary kid will tell you if something was made then some else must have made it. Science is only universal at best not inter universal which anyone who even believes we really exist, must say is extremely plausable( existence beyond the limits of the universe)

-Sam Harris

I do love your comment though much respect bro. I just think science is only a measument of what existes already nothing before or after

I am catholic. I am not orthodox. I don’t believe in everything that the bible says. I know the church has done very wrong things through the time.

I like the current pope and I think religions can evolve and reinvent themselves for good.

Yea but science can only explain so much even things inside the universe science is cant figure out yet let alone outside our universe. I disagree fully with your elementary school comment too mosaicreligion alone has lasted 7000 years+ let alone any other ones. Even an elementary kid will tell you if something was made then some else must have made it. Science is only universal at best not inter universal which anyone who even believes we really exist, must say is extremely plausable( existence beyond the limits of the universe)
Either you believe evolution or you do not. If you don't we will wait for the evidence to support the claim otherwise. If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? There no point to this kind of discourse.

Either you believe evolution or you do not. If you don't we will wait for the evidence to support the claim otherwise. If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? There no point to this kind of discourse.
Good point Hense why its all theory. Good argument for sure though I really lobe it I could go on and on.

Actually they just finished a n experiment where they took elements and it turned into biological products. They figure that is how life started.

As far as science only being able to explain so much, well quite a bit of stuff we know a s fact now, we thought was magic, or spirits and such. Ancient man used gods, spirits and such to try and explain it.
I’d bet if humans lived long enough as a species we will be able to figure almost everything out.

Actually they just finished a n experiment where they took elements and it turned into biological products. They figure that is how life started.

As far as science only being able to explain so much, well quite a bit of stuff we know a s fact now, we thought was magic, or spirits and such. Ancient man used gods, spirits and such to try and explain it.
I’d bet if humans lived long enough as a species we will be able to figure
Good point man. Yea I forgot to mention I don't know anything 100% I have a very open mind to learning more and more.

I do not practice in Public. I believe in Karma as well. I believe in God. I pray frequently.

I try to be as honest as i can, i never steal, i am a man of my word, and practice gratification.

Gratification is extremely powerful, giving gratitude to others, and receiving gratitude from others to me is the most rewarding of any emotion i have.
I never feel better than when helping a person, or an animal in need. Sometimes if i had to choose, i will admit id help an animal first.

I do get hung up and feel frustration and agitation.
When i do, i head out and do a few small good deeds. Shovel and older persons driveway, see an ad that someone needs help moving in my community and head over with my truck. Adopt a pet in need, or give a donation, or help an animal in need physically. Do some good stuff for the lady, and i DO NOT look for repayment or owed one...Except my lil lady, BJ's are a universal payment here....

These experiences i then keep in my memory to draw upon when i am feeling a bit of frustration with humanity. I think about it and recreate the feeling and it is powerful to me.

I was listening to a biology Neuroscientist a few years back and i began practicing this, and other stuff...Made a difference to pessimism, and brought on more optimism and reality.

I believe in science and engineering.

There has been a constant fight between good and evil since the beginning of time. I feel amazing when I help people and make people happy. When I upset people, my heart aches and I try to apologize or make up for it right away. I lose sleep if I was unfair to anyone, so I make sure that there’s always good energy in the air.

Religion has shown a way of life to the conventional minds that could not grasp many scientific advancements that we have been making for hundreds of thousands of years. For example, distillation. 260 000 years ago our brains doubled in size. We do not know how or why, but we got creative, it’s as if “GOD” gave us a drop of flavour from his stash or DNA. This shit is older than any religion. We have advanced, then have been destroyed by cataclysmic events, and we are still kicking ass. Truthfully, we are in a cosmic shooting gallery as I have heard being said before, and if an asteroid the size of a football field comes our way, then we are doomed. Jupiter plays a big role in attracting larger objects away towards itself but it can also play the opposite role. It’s just timing and luck.

If superior beings from other parts of the universe have assisted us in the past, the only reason they don’t assist us now is because we have developed so much killing power and technology. Why would such violent beings be allowed to spread across the galaxy? I wouldn’t allow it if it were up to me.

Mainstream religions are just too young and they’re too obvious in the sense that they generate money out of thin air. Now, I thought only god had the power to create something out of nothing. Religion truly destroys the laws of thermodynamics and conservation of mass. We fucking killed each other for hundreds of years over this BS, come on......

I respect anyone who believes.

Deep down I feel that we are all a part of something big and this energy, frequency, and vibration shit is real. We need more time to understand life but we are caught up in our day to day lives and first world problems.

I believe in science and engineering.

There has been a constant fight between good and evil since the beginning of time. I feel amazing when I help people and make people happy. When I upset people, my heart aches and I try to apologize or make up for it right away. I lose sleep if I was unfair to anyone, so I make sure that there’s always good energy in the air.

Religion has shown a way of life to the conventional minds that could not grasp many scientific advancements that we have been making for hundreds of thousands of years. For example, distillation. 260 000 years ago our brains doubled in size. We do not know how or why, but we got creative, it’s as if “GOD” gave us a drop of flavour from his stash or DNA. This shit is older than any religion. We have advanced, then have been destroyed by cataclysmic events, and we are still kicking ass. Truthfully, we are in a cosmic shooting gallery as I have heard being said before, and if an asteroid the size of a football field comes our way, then we are doomed. Jupiter plays a big role in attracting larger objects away towards itself but it can also play the opposite role. It’s just timing and luck.

If superior beings from other parts of the universe have assisted us in the past, the only reason they don’t assist us now is because we have developed so much killing power and technology. Why would such violent beings be allowed to spread across the galaxy? I wouldn’t allow it if it were up to me.

Mainstream religions are just too young and they’re too obvious in the sense that they generate money out of thin air. Now, I thought only god had the power to create something out of nothing. Religion truly destroys the laws of thermodynamics and conservation of mass. We fucking killed each other for hundreds of years over this BS, come on......

I respect anyone who believes.

Deep down I feel that we are all a part of something big and this energy, frequency, and vibration shit is real. We need more time to understand life but we are caught up in our day to day lives and first world problems.
Wicked post man...Like minded for certain...

The more I read and look into it, Im actually starting to believe in aliens. Im not joking. Theres just too much information that makes sense from all different parts of the world that would of had no contact with each other. I believe most religions might even be based of some sort of extra terrestrial encounters.

I believe in the possibility of a higher power, don’t believe one particular religion has it more right than the other.
I also believe in science.
Not willing to debate creation with either side lol. Everybody is right. Hahaha.

I believe in the possibility of a higher power, don’t believe one particular religion has it more right than the other.
I also believe in science.
Not willing to debate creation with either side lol. Everybody is right. Hahaha.

On that same notion, I believe no religion should be bashed for the stupidity and actions of the individuals that are believers of that religion. I also believe that all of the main/large religions of the world teach to do good and be good, forbid bad and leave bad. The problem is the vast majority of the followers of the religion break rules left and right, commit "sins" on their own accord, and interpret what they read in an extreme and diobalical manner, and then we ignorantly (thanks to the #1 corrupt & satanic media) criticize the religion(s) for their actions. The few that are good practicing followers of any of the largest religions are very good and honest people and they do their best to forbid bad and do good, whether it be Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Buddism. The fucking media and governments brainwashed people to cause division using religion as a tool to create fear and for personal gains.