Spirituality, faith, belief...are these things of the past or do people still have beliefs these days?

It’s 2022, you’re not allowed to say that anymore you racist. Lol
Shit I'll have to call my lawyers and issue a public apology sorry boys my estrogens high. I'm signed up for counseling and happy to move forward into 2022 🤝

My personal view on this is that the best way to view the Bible is as a historical document. All the events in the Bible were historical and actually happened. The people who wrote it weren't hallucinating or making things up. I am spiritual. Very. But not in an organized religion type of way.

Many events in the Bible are super natural or paranormal. Some events are described by different people who didn't even know each other. If you take religion out of the Bible it brings a new light to the book and explains many things about our existence in this universe. And explains historical facts about our earth and who we are and why we're here.

Ancient aliens isn't always far fetched. Lol.

I wasn't raised anything in particular. I was sent as a young teen to live with family in NYC and started selling drugs in the summer of '86 (starting off selling $5 vials of crack for the crew that was running the block I lived on, lol).

Lived my life chasing money and women, and using violence as my main way of problem solving.

Started reading the Bible during my last bit inside (busted in Detroit in 1990s). I believed it, but didn't want to follow it - it didn't mesh with the way I wanted to live my life. A few years later, back out on the streets, I walked into a church one Sunday morning and realized I couldn't keep living the way I was living.

Stopped crime, got a job, went to college - and been praying and going to church ever since.

That's awesome good job. Kind of the same for me. I tried everything and I mean everything to straighten my life out and nothing worked except God
Yep. Its been beneficial to many people (when done with a sincere heart).

Religion is one of the biggest culprits for division, hate, and conflict.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions & beliefs. my opinion is that religion is an excuse for an adult to have an imaginary friend.

Religion is one of the biggest culprits for division, hate, and conflict.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions & beliefs. my opinion is that religion is an excuse for an adult to have an imaginary friend.
Right on man I respect ur opinion for sure.ive got friends who think the same thing. Mind you most of them are broken down people not saying you are you seem smart in your posts.but thanks for adding its definitely better the more real people's opinions are. That's what the threads here for 👍

I've spent many a Saturday in church. I've read the Bible. Studied it. I've never learned anything bad in it and it helped me find power. My mom was a seventh day Adventist. I really liked the community and support from being a member. It is a good book. Highly recommend. I'm going to read the book you linked. Looks interesting. I think we all have the power to do miracles/ paranormal/super natural things. Somehow we've been locked out of it or have lost something along the way.

I've spent many a Saturday in church. I've read the Bible. Studied it. I've never learned anything bad in it and it helped me find power. My mom was a seventh day Adventist. I really liked the community and support from being a member. It is a good book. Highly recommend. I'm going to read the book you linked. Looks interesting. I think we all have the power to do miracles/ paranormal/super natural things. Somehow we've been locked out of it or have lost something along the way.
I agree man. Faith the size of a mustard seed can definitely move mountains

Also the more we learn about our history.. when it changes from mythical to actual history the more it seems that there are superior beings that have been here on earth. For a very very long time. :)

Right on man I respect ur opinion for sure.ive got friends who think the same thing. Mind you most of them are broken down people not saying you are you seem smart in your posts.but thanks for adding its definitely better the more real people's opinions are. That's what the threads here for 👍
Absolutely! You asked for beliefs either way and these are mine, I am not seeking reactions.
Religion can be used for both good and evil. If someone needs religion to help them cope mentally then so be it, that is their prerogative.
Anyone is entitled to their own beliefs, my issue is when they try to push those beliefs onto others when others do not ask for that.
Almost everything in life is mental or has a mental aspect involved.

The best fight against science is that science can only explain some things in the universe not all and nothing outside the universe but what was before the big bang how did space come from nothing what caused the explosion, also even aliens they would of just been created sometime somewhere so how? Also people thi k it's weird to believe some higher power could be personified by why is that weird, all living creators have brains and consciousness we are mere bugs on this planet and look at what we can build and create. People think it's science verses religion but some of the greatest scientists of all time were religious, Isaac Newton, Nicolas capurnacus, I think Galileo but more and more if you look into.

Absolutely! You asked for beliefs either way and these are mine, I am not seeking reactions.
Religion can be used for both good and evil. If someone needs religion to help them cope mentally then so be it, that is their prerogative.
Anyone is entitled to their own beliefs, my issue is when they try to push those beliefs onto others when others do not ask for that.
Almost everything in life is mental or has a mental aspect involved.
True man. I dont ever try to push it that's why I'm happy you posted the thing that's gone wrong with the world religion wise is there's no respect between people of different beliefs

True man. I dont ever try to push it that's why I'm happy you posted the thing that's gone wrong with the world religion wise is there's no respect between people of different beliefs
I do think everyone would benefit from believing in something though even just from a psychological stand point. Otherwise the vices of this world will rule u and with all the bad shit going on what would be the point of anyone living, for what purpose