Spirituality, faith, belief...are these things of the past or do people still have beliefs these days?

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
Whats peoples beliefs/religion/spiritually,
Are these things of the past? Does faith help humanity and the planet what's your thoughts? Obviously I say this with respect and love to every person and there own choice in faith. I was raised Christian strayed for most of my life and wound up in a literal he'll on earth(jails,rehabs, violence etc) I think my faith saved my life now and I've never been happier. I've had some close friends who were very dedicated Muslims and I loved everything we spoke about and all of our time together. It's nice to have something to believe in and live for beyond my selfish existence lol

I have a very strong but private faith. I am not a fan of organized religions. Do not get me started on them lol

I live by the golden rule. I worry about me and what I do and do not concern myself with the actions of those that wish me harm.

My family is Christian, we never really practiced.
Not too sure if the god that some believe in exists.
Maybe god is the alien probe that accidentally dropped the bacteria here to start life?

I just can’t see how there is a heaven and hell sort of thing. Where would other animals fit? We would all go to hell btw, because what makes it ok to kill a mosquito?
If I believed in something reincarnation would likely be the thing.
Anyhow I’m not a big believer, but I do try to generally be a nice person for myself worth not because I am being forced to.

I feel the same way a lot of the time. I believe every living creature is equal. To some bigger entity we may seem like a small insignificant bug too. Yea I struggle with the politics and everything but I've read up a lot on Jesus and there's so much evidence supporting him. Whether the son of God or just a profit what he taught is important and all of this wouldn't mean as much to me if I hadn't witnessed things in life to make me believe more. Karma, miracles so much over all goodness that I don't see the universe as being able to provide. Some sort of higher power and consciousness and to what I've seen the better of a person you are the more in tune with it you'll be.

I feel the same way a lot of the time. I believe every living creature is equal. To some bigger entity we may seem like a small insignificant bug too. Yea I struggle with the politics and everything but I've read up a lot on Jesus and there's so much evidence supporting him. Whether the son of God or just a profit what he taught is important and all of this wouldn't mean as much to me if I hadn't witnessed things in life to make me believe more. Karma, miracles so much over all goodness that I don't see the universe as being able to provide. Some sort of higher power and consciousness and to what I've seen the better of a person you are the more in tune with it you'll be.
A really good read is a book called the case for christ. A lawyer or a prosecutor of some sort uses all his skills and investigates every detail about the story of Jesus. Really good book for sure. He says some things like people believe Alexander the great was real well there's ten fold the amount of evidence that Jesus existed, compared to him or some others. A friend of mine and I were doing a lengthy stretch in jail he was Muslim and I Christian. All we did was work out and so many times we wanted to take matters in to our own hands watching people get bullied or whatever and I was amazing as we lived everything we read about and just sat back and watched God work. We never had to do anything every problem and persons own evil had a way of dealing with itself. Just one of hundreds of beautiful things I've witnessed. Prayer is a huge one too it makes so much of a difference

I think anyone who is generally good hearted and maybe most if not all decent religions are tapping into something and its definitely a force of good. I also grew up pretty roughly and made a lot of bad choices never amounted to anything no matter what I tried. Until I turned my life around and now I've done so much and achieved so much and it feels amazing. I look back and I can see there was times where something was trying to get through to me and reach me and stop me from a lot of the stuff i was doing. That was over 10 years ago but yea

A couple little clues think two separate studies one showing people who won the lottery not being ant happier in life and another showing people who do good deeds being ultimately happier. And it's not working life away and building on society it's making a sacrifice of some sort in order to help some one of something(people, animals etc.)

I believe religion can be a great thing for most people. If it brings optimism it is great. I personally don't really practice any religion. When the jehova witness ask what I believe in, I tell em santa clause

Another good hint. Alcoholics and addicts were doomed to insanity and a slow death until a.a. was created. The 12 steps were originally from a group of priests or something I think the Oxford group. When utilized to a program of substance abstinence and using the main steps of a higher power and followed by good deeds, the service steps first the first time ever they were able to be freed from addiction. It's the only thing that's proven to work 100% if they do it right. Lots don't but that becomes their choice

I have faith and do believe in some higher force or power but have a hard time with organized religion. Was raised catholic but think priest are a bunch of buggerers.

Do believe the world would be a better place if people thought they would have to atone for their actions in the afterlife but also think religion is the cause of all war and world strife.

Well that was quite a mouthful. 😂

I don’t have a specific way I believe. I believe in God and I believe in Christ, but I do get in conflict’s with myself if he is a prophet or a God? I feel like Christ was a man at first and just like any other prophets in the Bible he was able to show humanity that spirit of God can exist in humanity by doing good for others and dedicating your life by following the laws of the Bible. I mostly try to follow in Jesus footsteps.

I was raised in Russian Orthodox, Baptist, Catholic, Lutheranism and Methodism. I have studied Hindu, Muslim, Buddhism and Jainism.

I respect other peoples religions and whatever cultural choice that they have.

I feel like at the end we all somehow are connected. No matter what you call the higher power it all means love one another, respect, loyalty, and care for one another.

I personally prefer praying to Бог.

I don’t have a specific way I believe. I believe in God and I believe in Christ, but I do get in conflict’s with myself if he is a prophet or a God? I feel like Christ was a man at first and just like any other prophets in the Bible he was able to show humanity that spirit of God can exist in humanity by doing good for others and dedicating your life by following the laws of the Bible. I mostly try to follow in Jesus footsteps.

I was raised in Russian Orthodox, Baptist, Catholic, Lutheranism and Methodism. I have studied Hindu, Muslim, Buddhism and Jainism.

I respect other peoples religions and whatever cultural choice that they have.

I feel like at the end we all somehow are connected. No matter what you call the higher power it all means love one another, respect, loyalty, and care for one another.

I personally prefer praying to Бог.
I have respect for all religions and think they all have merit.

but…. this is one one of the issues with religion. Anyone who is hard edge or orthodox usually cannot see any merit in any other religion.

I have respect for all religions and think they all have merit.

but…. this is one one of the issues with religion. Anyone who is hard edge or orthodox usually cannot see any merit in any other religion.
So true. I think the spirituality part is perfect but religion(man's organization of spiritualty) is far from perfect and could never amount to world wide unity. Would be sweet though

I have faith and do believe in some higher force or power but have a hard time with organized religion. Was raised catholic but think priest are a bunch of buggerers.

Do believe the world would be a better place if people thought they would have to atone for their actions in the afterlife but also think religion is the cause of all war and world strife.

Well that was quite a mouthful. 😂
Agreed about priests. But I think a good way to look at it is religion doesn't use predators but predators do use religion

So true. I think the spirituality part is perfect but religion(man's organization of spiritualty) is far from perfect and could never amount to world wide unity. Would be sweet though
That’s always the dream right ? Peace on earth and such nonsense. 😂

That’s always the dream right ? Peace on earth and such nonsense. 😂
Well the awesome thing about the new testament is it doesn't preach any war or judgment only love kindness and forgiveness so that in general shouldn't have led to any wars. But men are men and that says it all lol