Something Inspiring šŸ˜ƒ

George2

This is a story of a young boy.
A boy who tragically lost his arm in a devastating car accident.
Years went by and his confidence has left behind.
One day his parents decided to move somewhere new.
So while the boy unpacked he looking through some boxes he came across old martial arts magazine so from there he quickly signed up to study Judo.
The boy begin his lessons with old Japanese Judo master the boy was doing well but he could not understand after four months of training the master has only thought him one move.
ā€œSenseiā€ the boy finally said ā€œshouldnā€™t I be learned more movesā€?
Sensei responded ā€œthis is the only move you know but this is the only move that you will ever need to knowā€.
Not quite understanding but believing his teacher the boy kept training.
Several months later the sensei took the boy to his first tournament.
With everybody seated and his parents there looking over the boy surprised himself winning his first two matches.
The next proven to be a greatest challenge as he appeared facing bigger stronger opponent. Through the fight concerned for the boys safety the referee called time-out he was about to stop the match when the sensei intervene telling ā€œlet them continueā€.
Soon after the match resumed and the opponent made a critical mistake he dropped his gourd. Instantly the boy used his move to pin him.
The boy had won the match and the tournament. He was the champion.
On the way home the boy and sensei reviewed every move in each and every match.
Then the boy got the courage to ask what was really on his mind.
ā€œSensei how did I win a tournament with only one moveā€?
Sensei responded ā€œyou wan for two reasons first you almost mastered the most difficult throws in all the Judo and second the only known defense for that move itā€™s for your opponent to grab your left arm.
The boys biggest weakness has become his biggest strength.

Hereā€™s a true story.
Legend has it, Harry Houdini the master magician once claimed he could break out of any jail cell around the world.
All he had to do is walk into the jail cell with his street clothes on.
He said ā€œIā€™ll be out of there in one hour no problemā€ well a very old jail down south, heard about the Houdiniā€˜s claims and excepted his challenge.
On a day of event, many people have gathered outside.
Very confidently Houdini walked right into the jail and into the cell and shut the metal door behind him.
The first thing Houdini did is took of his jacket then he took off his belt.
Secretly hidden in Houdiniā€˜s belt, was a 10 inch piece of steel.
Tough but flexible and Houdini started working.
In about 30 minutes, that comfort expression that Houdini had when he walked into the cell disappeared in one hour he was covered in sweat.
And at the end of two hours Houdini in defeat collapsed against the door which then open.
Itā€™s open because the door was never been locked.
But thatā€™s not exactly the truth the door was formally locked and Houdiniā€˜s mind.
The mind is powerful, how many doors in your life do you think are locked but arenā€™t?
How many times have you been stuck and the mental prison from over thinking?
Something that really had a simple solution, thereā€™s old saying ā€œwhere there is no enemy within the enemy outside it canā€™t do us no harmā€ your mind is the most powerful force you will ever face it will tell you lies it will tell you ā€œyou canā€™t do that, you canā€™t workout today, youā€™re not meant for that, you are not good enough for that, you canā€™t go on anymore and you donā€™t have the energyā€œ you must think it for itā€™s as opinion and carry-on.
Because like Houdini showed us.
The only locked doors that exist, are in your own mind, the doors in reality are open and all you have to do is walk through.

Only one car in the gym parking lot, maybe two... That really is beautiful to see šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‰
Yes it was amazing no one goā€™s to the gym on Sunday, best day to go workout šŸ˜ƒ it was empty and more machines for me to use.

Attachments

• 2B5E82EC-4EBF-4EDA-B8E7-31095789174D.jpeg
    2B5E82EC-4EBF-4EDA-B8E7-31095789174D.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 302D71EE-0EDC-4EE4-AD01-7B74DB84AFD3.jpeg
    302D71EE-0EDC-4EE4-AD01-7B74DB84AFD3.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 25
Positive thinking. ā¤ļø

My bones and muscles are sore, but they work.
I donā€™t sleep well at nights, but at least I wake up in the mornings.
My wallet is not full but my belly is and I have home to come to.
I may not have it all but God has provided me what I need.
My life is not perfect, but my life is good.
Iā€™ve truly been blessed.

ā¤ļøMy favorite story, about two wolvesā¤ļø

An old Cherokee Indian chief was teaching his grandson about life.

ā€œA fight is going on inside me,ā€ he told the young boy, ā€œa fight between two wolves.

One is evil, full of anger, sorrow, regret, greed, self-pity and false pride.

The other is good, full of joy, peace, love, humility, kindness and faith.ā€

ā€œThis same fight is going on inside of you, grandsonā€¦and inside of every other person on the face of this earth.ā€

The grandson ponders this for a moment and then asks, ā€œGrandfather, which wolf will win?ā€

The old man smiled and simply said, ā€œThe one you feed.ā€

What I learned from this story

Mindfulness, in my experience and observation, brings with it wisdom, compassion, love connectedness and inner peace.

Un-mindfulness, I see in myself and the world at large, leads to suffering, anger, greed and destructiveness.

I needed this story right now to remind me of whatā€™s really truly important to me. What really, ultimately, matters.

This story reminded me to continue to take responsibility for cultivating and nurturing my mind.

It reminded me that every day we make choices, important choices that could be overlooked as being trivial and these choices define us. They are a statement of who we choose to be in this life and what impact we will have on the world.

It reminded me that even when the outside world is demanding, the state of my inner world should always be my primary concern because without inner balance, without mindfulness, I cannot properly live in harmony and wisdom with myself and with life.