Some TRT Experiments and Learnings

Woah!! Bunch of interesting stuff here, will need to re-read as i may have miss some things.
Keep up these experimention, they are really interesting and informative!

Woah!! Bunch of interesting stuff here, will need to re-read as i may have miss some things.
Keep up these experimention, they are really interesting and informative!

Thanks, I do my best to interpret the data. From your experiences, if I missed anything or misinterpreted, feel free to chime in. All input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just reading this thread for the first time (cause I'm a board newb), and really appreciate the detail here...not to mention he used himself as a guinea pig to bring some new knowledge to the board. Very cool.

Quick Update:

Had a conversation with TRT Dr today regarding Estrogen Blockers.

I asked for a script for Asin instead of my Adex.

He said he could prescribe Adex or Letro. He says he wishes it was an option but Asin is not available to him in Canada.

That was news to me...

Quick Update:

Had a conversation with TRT Dr today regarding Estrogen Blockers.

I asked for a script for Asin instead of my Adex.

He said he could prescribe Adex or Letro. He says he wishes it was an option but Asin is not available to him in Canada.

That was news to me...

I just checked with someone in a position to know who was sitting at his computer and could verify. Asin is available in Canada, there are no notes or bulletins (I forget the actual word he used) restricting its off label use for men.

So something is a bit weird here, I'd guess your doc thinks that prescribing it could garner him some unwanted attention so he is avoiding it. Not that there is anything wrong with that really, this branch of medicine is definitely under some scrutiny, that attitude probably serves him well.

Anyways thought I'd shed some light on the subject for you, many different ways to proceed from here.

Thanks G1...that is interesting. I won’t push him further because he obviously has his reasons, but good to know.

The ultimate reason for doing these experiments was to learn about my baseline TRT and the impacts (Positive and negative) when i deviated from it. One of my goals was about results: I started at 180lbs with relatively low BF and my modest goal was to get up to 190lbs by 50 with the same BF and with only doing small boosts and no more full cycles (like I did in my 20s).

I turned 48 this week and wanted to do an update on my last years progress from doing the experiments outlined in this log. Reminder, i am not a bodybuilder (or great poser) and do no carry the kind of mass many on here do. My goal is always to look like an athletic fighter.

• I have lifted very consistently. 3 days per week plus jiu jitsu another 2 - 3 (not counting teaching)
  • @Funnyman has helped me set and adjust my diet through out the year. THANKS for all the help Mr. Miyagi!! I have consistently consumed 3500 cals per day
Results (one year):
  • I increased from body weight from 180 to 184lbs
  • I have not gained BF (visual in mirror not measured)
  • Happiest with my quad, calves and tris development. (i have long arms so always want to look good in a T-shirt)
  • Calves; up 0.25 inches
  • Thigh: up 1 inch
  • Chest: up 1.5 inches (mostly back thickness)
  • Arms: up 0.75 inches
  • waist DOWN 1.0 inches

All pics are not pumped...just every day walking around me.

IMG_0139.jpgIMG_0121.jpg

Last edited:
Trust look great, now you need more bis, lol.
Then they will get bigger and you’ll need more tris, bwahaaa.
Fuck, that’s how it always works.

Trust look great, now you need more bis, lol.
Then they will get bigger and you’ll need more tris, bwahaaa.
Fuck, that’s how it always works.

I need longer bis but I don’t think that is going to happen

I need longer bis but I don’t think that is going to happen

Everyone always overdoes arms. My arms are too big for my size. You know how I have always trained them, heavy and painfully.

So only 8 sets, maybe 10 with warmup. (16 for both bis and tris)

Barbell curls, 4 sets of 12. You should be pushing so fucking hard each set, you need to drop the weight.
-rope curls on the cable machine. Repeat above.
That’s it fir bis. Every set should have hurt like hell,

Tris
Angled bar press downs. 4 sets of 12, same as above. It should feel like they are going to charliehorse.
Rope tri, you know when you lean over away from the machine and do it with your arms above your head.
4 sets of 12. These really fucking hurt, I mean bad. When the pain hits, ignore it and do 2 more, lol.

Then do forearms. You are done, once a week. They will grow.

Give it a try for a couple of months. You know I hardly ever change the exercises.