Some healthy supplements to take on cycle.

Devson

Trusted Member
Here are some supplements I take on cycle that I highly recommend people take. They all have anecdotal and lab studies showing they work otherwise I mention it. Just some notes on Vitamin C, its not a full vitamin and all it really is, is a anti-oxidant so I try to get what I need from vegetables. It is really important to get vitamins and such from food which is why I do complex seafood chowders to get my choline and other stuff, multi ground meat stews and cook foods from every region in the world because they use different spices and sometimes a lot of them which is fantastic for anti-oxidants. I also eat almonds for copper. Please feel free to add any supplements you know from a reliable source or have seen work according to your own blood tests. Everyone really should be taking what I put down below, it'll make a noticeable difference in every aspect of life. Its expensive to start but buying but its worth to do at least one run of a lot of these things to get levels back up from just aging and also they'll last a few cycles and be at doses that actually work not just enough to say its in the bottle.

I take NAC 600mg x2 a day

Schisandra fruit x2 a day (Thats because this is working for me more than burdock and milk thistle)

alpha-lipoic acid 600mg x2 a day

Astragalus root 10-20 grams a day (I used to take extract but that is probably not so good so now I bought powder)

Hawthorn berry extract at night to keep my blood pressure low.

5000iu of vitamin D and 120mcg of vitamin K (After taking 8000-10000iu a day for a few weeks to get normal healthy levels)

Magnesium 300mg powder and Potassium from cold cuts because its easy and cheaper.

ubiqionol (as much as I can afford) usually 200mg but I only buy it for under $30)

Cheaper probiotic because I cannot afford much.

Digestive enzymes if not crapping a few times a day (stay away from super enzymes!!)

zinc 1 tab and Taurine (5 grams) to greatly reduce sperm cell mutation

The above I consider necessary.

1 gram of Bergamot (I don't think anyone knows if it works long term yet or it short term like niacin) before bed because I am just trying it. Time release hotflash free niacin works good for lipids too though.

Some of my sleep stuff helps too

One niacin hot flash free before taking gaba powder to help it cross the blood brain barrier and get me ready for sleep

10-20mg melatonin which helps reduce oxidative stress in the brain quite a lot which I am hoping is going to help reduce damage from NPP and other anabolics

Very good list. I take almost all of this stuff. I will add my 2 cents, I have had great results with curcumin, and recently added black cumin seed oil ( thanks @Goldenrod)

I know curcumin is supposed to be good for inflammation and I remember their being some other benefits but why do you take it? Also what is black cumin seed supposed to do?

By the way, in regards to curcumin (tumeric) some people actually absorb the less expensive form that you can buy for a lot less money much better than the other forms. Others will need to take the one that is generally marketed as being more bio available but some won't be able to see any benefits from this. I have been meaning to try eating just the seasoning powder vacuumed packed but I don't know what to put it in other than teas and when I make a curry or middle eastern kebabs.

I know curcumin is supposed to be good for inflammation and I remember their being some other benefits but why do you take it? Also what is black cumin seed supposed to do?

By the way, in regards to curcumin (tumeric) some people actually absorb the less expensive form that you can buy for a lot less money much better than the other forms. Others will need to take the one that is generally marketed as being more bio available but some won't be able to see any benefits from this. I have been meaning to try eating just the seasoning powder vacuumed packed but I don't know what to put it in other than teas and when I make a curry or middle eastern kebabs.
I take Curcumin because its all around good. Heart health, inflammation, cancer, arthritis , overall one of the best antioxidants you can take. Best way to get it to absorb is take it with black pepper. I buy the expensive bcm-95 version.

Blackcumin seed oil has lowered my blood pressure, but it has many other benefits as well. You can probably find a few posts on here about it in a search. Im still only 4 or 5 months in taking it

Why that form specifically please?

Findings​

Single dose administration of MK-4 (420 μg; 945 nmol) or MK-7 (420 μg; 647 nmol) was given in the morning together with standardized breakfast. MK-7 was well absorbed and reached maximal serum level at 6 h after intake and was detected up to 48 h after intake. MK-4 was not detectable in the serum of all subjects at any time point. Consecutive administration of MK-4 (60 μg; 135 nmol) or MK-7 (60 μg; 92 nmol) for 7 days demonstrated that MK-4 supplementation did not increase serum MK-4 levels. However, consecutive administration of MK-7 increased serum MK-7 levels significantly in all subjects.

Findings​

Single dose administration of MK-4 (420 μg; 945 nmol) or MK-7 (420 μg; 647 nmol) was given in the morning together with standardized breakfast. MK-7 was well absorbed and reached maximal serum level at 6 h after intake and was detected up to 48 h after intake. MK-4 was not detectable in the serum of all subjects at any time point. Consecutive administration of MK-4 (60 μg; 135 nmol) or MK-7 (60 μg; 92 nmol) for 7 days demonstrated that MK-4 supplementation did not increase serum MK-4 levels. However, consecutive administration of MK-7 increased serum MK-7 levels significantly in all subjects.

I take all 3 forms. Illegal in canada thou..lol20211016_180016.jpg

Some good supps listed above, I'm already taking many of them.

I also take 500 mg Tudca year round for my blood sugar. I noticed a measurable decrease in levels after I began this. The trick is getting a quality product.

Some good supps listed above, I'm already taking many of them.

I also take 500 mg Tudca year round for my blood sugar. I noticed a measurable decrease in levels after I began this. The trick is getting a quality product.
I’m using this right now with a Tbol cycle, so far so good.

Nutricost Tudca 250mg; 60 Capsules (Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid) - Premium Quality

I’m using this right now with a Tbol cycle, so far so good.

Nutricost Tudca 250mg; 60 Capsules (Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid) - Premium Quality

That ones good.

The best I've found - based on bloods - was the Livertech Tudca on Tudca.ca . Unfortunately they're not in business anymore. CMS' wasn't as great as Livertech, but was adequate. Livertech's Tudca did a dramatic job with my blood glucose levels, better than any others.

Apparently Nutricost's is 3rd party tested, so that's a good sign.

hopefully K2 MK-7 form?

I also take 500mg of tudca when using orals. At least 4g of fish oils on cycle and 2g on cruise, and CoQ10 year-round
Actually no! I will be now though or at least until I do more research. A lot of the studies done on fish oil where benefits were seen they gave people at least 10 grams a day so I would advise taking that much. Also for CoQ10 even if you are under thirty I would recommend taking ubiquinol instead because a lot of people do not absorb CoQ10 easily even when taking something like 600mg a day it doesn't compare to ubiquinol. Ubiquinol pricing is weird, I randomly find it for like $15 at Walmart sometimes or online at lucky vitamins for a decent price too. I would absolutely not buy it at a nutritional store for a high price.

As for Tudca I thought it was only available with a prescription in Canada but glad to know thats not the case. I hear life extensions for things is good. Weird their vitamin k is illegal in Canada.
Life extension super K. I buy directly from life extension

Anyone have any good differences from high quality pro biotics?

Go grab some sauerkraut and eat a scoop or two of that a day and you'll be good. Probiotic supps are overpriced.

Good list OP. Add some fiber to that list, whatever brand you like and get the digestive system functioning optimally!

Go grab some sauerkraut and eat a scoop or two of that a day and you'll be good. Probiotic supps are overpriced.

Good list OP. Add some fiber to that list, whatever brand you like and get the digestive system functioning optimally!
I think there is some evidence that some fermented products like sourkraut and kimchi greatly increase chances of stomach cancer. I mean my digestive system is optimal and when I am bulking I just use digestive enzymes to make sure I go three times a day but I am more interested in the psychological benefits from probiotics. I know bits and pieces about our second brain but bacteria actually act almost like serotonin and receptor sites for various functions far farrrrr beyond digestion. I would never take probiotics for digestion but rather for to further increase my quality of life, help reduce oxidative stress on my body and definitely my brain, become even happier and so forth.