Social Media and Anabolics

Phreeze

Trusted Member
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I’m curious. What’s your thoughts on the effects of social media platforms like YouTube, Instagram, Tik tok etc. on the use/ view of anabolics?

On one side there’s a lot more information and exposure to the benefits or safe use out there. It also shows the reality of what a lot of people are actually doing to get where they are at physically.

Is all that info helpful or hurtful?

does it make it to accessible to individuals without enough training and diet experience.

Glorify the good stuff and neglect the bad?

I don’t have a horse in the race but would love to hear the thoughts and views of those who have been around for a while!

LOL like anytbing with social media it’s a double edged sword

This information shouldn’t be available to anyone
You have to climb the ranks and get in the know and advance in the sport to know the protocols and diets needed to be the best

But the same time it’s good to see people talk about it.

But no kid who just started lifting should haves access to top pro or amateur cycle

I’m not that old but I remember pro cycle circulating on forums and it was taboo
“Top Olympia cycle” without naming who and people would say I believe it or say it’s totally fake

LOL like anytbing with social media it’s a double edged sword

This information shouldn’t be available to anyone
You have to climb the ranks and get in the know and advance in the sport to know the protocols and diets needed to be the best

But the same time it’s good to see people talk about it.

But no kid who just started lifting should haves access to top pro or amateur cycle

I’m not that old but I remember pro cycle circulating on forums and it was taboo
“Top Olympia cycle” without naming who and people would say I believe it or say it’s totally fake
I agree but thankfully most people think gear is a miracle drug, while it somewhat is no one knows that your training, diet etc are still more important so the average poser can do all he wants and still won't achieve great lengths

I don"t spend a lot of time on social media and when I do it's mostly about BBQing lol. Is this a thing right now? People talking openly about using steroids? The only thing I keep seeing is about Mike O'Hearn who still tries to convince people that he is natural. I also remember a couple years ago because Ed Coen was in Mtl, Larry Wheels openly admitted on social media that he was using steroids and he got dropped by Apeman super fast after that.
But hey, being open about it on social media is a good thing to me because younger guys can see that a lot of people are on PEDs and they didn't achieve their physique being natural so they don't keep chasing a goal that is probably unatteinable for them naturally.

I agree but thankfully most people think gear is a miracle drug, while it somewhat is no one knows that your training, diet etc are still more important so the average poser can do all he wants and still won't achieve great lengths
Most people think that, other than those of us that have used it. Put in the work... suffered endless chicken breast and tilapia... pushed out those last 2 reps when our brain said we couldn't do it.. but we dug deep out of the basement..... then after a weekend of over indulging, having to work our ass off for two weeks to make up for it... those of us that have been through that know...
The common person that never tried.. never dedicated a huge portion of their life to it... well to them it's jab yourself in the ass enough and win mr.o .....

Lol still waiting to see what the famous “horse hormones” all the non gym people know about that “their friend/uncle/cousin” took and got huge
Just take 1500mg tren and 2000mg test a week and you will win Mr.O for sure... dosen't even matter how you train or eat!!!
Make me laugh everytime I hear an ignorant statement like that... but it's a serious misconception.

I haven’t been around that long, but I don’t think it’s all that different from my older brothers reading bodybuilding mags. Most people understood that these guys weren’t natty, and steroids were almost glorified. On the flip side, around that time the D.A.R.E program vilified steroids to the point of being the most dangerous thing on the planet. From what I’m told, there wasn’t really a middle ground. So, I think social media, and access to more information has aloud people to make a more informed decision. I think steroids have always been accessible to people without the pre-requisite training, and dieting experience. My brothers and their friends did Dbol, right out of high school, and most of my friends did Tren. Young people aren’t well known for making the best choices, so I think the best we can hope to do is put enough information out there. If social media helps with that, I’m all for it