So you're North Korea. They've banned you from selling anything so what do you do because you're run by a psychotic scumbag? Read inside.

I lived at home until 24, I wasn’t stupid and new I wouldn’t have it better on my own, you’ll never get cheaper lodgings ever again. I think I paid $375 a month but it was 1989. But I was respectful, clean and quiet. Shit I even greased the door hinges on the front door, lol, so I wouldn’t wake them,

Now my dad did say that I needed to put $2000 into an rrsp every year or get out of the house, because if I coukd afford to party it all away I could afford to pay rent.

Two years after I moved out I used that rrsp money as a downpayment on my first house.
I gripped under my breath about having to save that money, but that was the best thing he could have ever done for me.
ugh I wish my parents had taught me the importance of saving away money, now Ive learned the hard way and dont see myself ever buying my own place in the future.. Certainly not in BC or even anywhere in canada for that matter the real estate market is straight up FUCKED.

Literally the only people Ive learned good life advice from is from coworkers or reading stuff online, pretty sad shit but thank god for al gore inventing the internet!

I used to sell her $2000 a week in smoked goods, now it’s $600 every two weeks.
She wants to be a covid victim.
That sucks. I think it's going to come out that a bunch of people, at the end of it all, enjoyed the everliving hell out of having three or four months off...paid in a lot of cases. Then the ones finding it hard to "get over it"...COVID PTSD is coming...wait for it!

"I...I..oh god...every time I look at my desk I see a hospital bed. I'm...(sniffle)...just not ready to come back."

Oh, the little shit is paying rent alright. Just $200 but fucking right he's paying rent. It's on a sliding scale now too. Every six months it goes up by $100. He pays for his food/gets access to some larger stuff made. This place isn't a motel anymore, it's a highway.

What pisses me off is the total lack of...shitting his pants. When I was 21 and lost my job due to the factory I was working at going out of business, I was shitting my pants until I decided to apply somewhere that would never go out of business that turned into a career and ended up being fun when it was times of not fun or I was rehabbing an ACL/MCL injury.
Friends? Who needs REAL friends when you have friends in a game. Good quality people, all of them!

Things are different. It's a different world now from when you grew up. Kids have changed. Your are making a big mistake if your thinking your son should act or react the way you did at his age. What you need to do is learn to relate to him in a way he understands. Then you can both talk this out

Things are different. It's a different world now from when you grew up. Kids have changed. Your are making a big mistake if your thinking your son should act or react the way you did at his age. What you need to do is learn to relate to him in a way he understands. Then you can both talk this out
Respect for realizing this. Was gonna comment the same thing but thought my opinion would get shit on cause Im only 25 lol, but this is so true. I hate being compared to people 2-3 generations ago. Things have changed drastically.

ugh I wish my parents had taught me the importance of saving away money, now Ive learned the hard way and dont see myself ever buying my own place in the future.. Certainly not in BC or even anywhere in canada for that matter the real estate market is straight up FUCKED.

Literally the only people Ive learned good life advice from is from coworkers or reading stuff online, pretty sad shit but thank god for al gore inventing the internet!

First, RRSP is like putting money in your own pocket. Direct reduction in effective tax rate and you save money. You only pay tax on earnings when you cash your RRSP our but I'd be paying over 40% in tax right now if I didn't have my RRSP to drop my tax. When I take it out, I'll be fully retired and my tax rate will be way less than it is now.

RRSP and CONSTANT as in you don't let that shit go a week without you watching it if you have it in more aggressive funds (which you should if you're younger). When Asian markets were busting, I was all over them. Making 40% a year. I had three and a half good years of 30-45% gains before I lost 20% due to not paying enough attention at the end but I was way way way up and it wasn't that big of a deal. Mostly I make 15-25% but again even with a bunch of companies in a fund, they can still drop fast. They just don't drop like a single stock does. Any of my mutual funds drop for 5% and I am OUT and looking for another. They usually rebound but that 5 could turn into 50. I like strong funds.

Like, look at the oil futures markets about a month ago. Most countries were technically paying YOU to take their oil futures stocks because oil production was so high and usage so low that all the storage facilities filled up. We're talking futures that were like 60-70$ going down to -2$ which is just INSANITY. I wasn't even aware you could have a negative type of stock until that happened. Imagine them paying you 2$ to take a barrel of their oil. Fuck, you know people made billions off that deal.

The DOW crashed again a couple of days ago once COVID rebounded as most of us expected once they started opening things. It's not a bad time to be looking at RRSP/Mutual Funds right now because COVID will end and when it does, the Dow appears to have something pulling it sky-high after bad news. It's not acting like a bubble. There will be plenty of 15-25% per year RRSP/Mutual Funds. Just don't be that guy who doesn't watch how it's doing every couple days. People have lost their ability to retire at 55 and even 65 due to just thinking their shit would fly forever.

I'm pondering upgrading my "communication" with him right now from patient verbal to the "back of my hand" version. I upgrade it to fist or elbow, Houston, we have a problem. I'll hit him so hard, he'll time travel back into my balls which all things considered wouldn't be such a bad thing considering the fuck job my ex-wife did on his values.

The complicating factor of this is my GF wants him gone. She has no problems with him but like she says, "if I want to walk to the kitchen and get a juice without any clothes on, I damn well want my damn juice without clothes on."

He? He's a disconnected future. She? She's is THE future.

I dont know your son but yikes.

Well, look at it this way. He came here when he was 16...busted. No ethic with school or looking for or trying to find friends.

Seventeen finished highschool.

A part-time job at Best Buy. Blew it up.

A part-time job at Old Navy in the warehouse at 1 am in the fucking morning. Never heard the story of that one but in any case, wasn't compatible with his oncoming college. I *THINK* he quit but maybe he blew it up.

Eighteen went to college and blew it up in less than two months because nobody does homework from college.

Nineteen, went to college second type, of course, blew it up in less than two months because still, nobody does homework from college.

A full-time job at Tim Horton's within walking distance. Blew it up.

Has a full-time seasonal job at a factory that started in January, they closed in March so he's been doing CERB. Factory starting up again and it's in an industrial park away from busses and sometimes he works nights. He's damn lucky I'm technically retired other than consulting because of my 12-hour shifts while policing wouldn't allow me to give him rides to or from his job OR he has to take an Uber. I charge him a pissy charge of $7 a ride just to make things real that life isn't free. Uber is 14 so he gets a damn good deal on top of a big chop in response times. Thanks? Hmmm, maybe one out of eight rides.

SO. Yes, I believe my level of patience with him is above and beyond besides me wanting to blow HIM up.

Other than that it just sows discord in my house. I want to come home, take my clothes off, get a beer and walk out to my fucking hot tub. My GF wants to come home, take her clothes off and fuck me on the couch if she chooses but she can't. If we didn't have a big bathroom ensuite and she had to like robe up to walk to the shower, I honestly think that would be the last straw.

I dont know your son but yikes.

A woman can fuck her son up but I'm not sure that he can get unfucked without him doing some soul searching and doing it himself. A hell of a lot of patience and support certainly doesn't seem to unfuck.

First, RRSP is like putting money in your own pocket. Direct reduction in effective tax rate and you save money. You only pay tax on earnings when you cash your RRSP our but I'd be paying over 40% in tax right now if I didn't have my RRSP to drop my tax. When I take it out, I'll be fully retired and my tax rate will be way less than it is now.

RRSP and CONSTANT as in you don't let that shit go a week without you watching it if you have it in more aggressive funds (which you should if you're younger). When Asian markets were busting, I was all over them. Making 40% a year. I had three and a half good years of 30-45% gains before I lost 20% due to not paying enough attention at the end but I was way way way up and it wasn't that big of a deal. Mostly I make 15-25% but again even with a bunch of companies in a fund, they can still drop fast. They just don't drop like a single stock does. Any of my mutual funds drop for 5% and I am OUT and looking for another. They usually rebound but that 5 could turn into 50. I like strong funds.

Like, look at the oil futures markets about a month ago. Most countries were technically paying YOU to take their oil futures stocks because oil production was so high and usage so low that all the storage facilities filled up. We're talking futures that were like 60-70$ going down to -2$ which is just INSANITY. I wasn't even aware you could have a negative type of stock until that happened. Imagine them paying you 2$ to take a barrel of their oil. Fuck, you know people made billions off that deal.

The DOW crashed again a couple of days ago once COVID rebounded as most of us expected once they started opening things. It's not a bad time to be looking at RRSP/Mutual Funds right now because COVID will end and when it does, the Dow appears to have something pulling it sky-high after bad news. It's not acting like a bubble. There will be plenty of 15-25% per year RRSP/Mutual Funds. Just don't be that guy who doesn't watch how it's doing every couple days. People have lost their ability to retire at 55 and even 65 due to just thinking their shit would fly forever.

OMG!!!! Please no one listen to this crap. You have no idea about financials

Well, look at it this way. He came here when he was 16...busted. No ethic with school or looking for or trying to find friends.

Seventeen finished highschool.

A part-time job at Best Buy. Blew it up.

A part-time job at Old Navy in the warehouse at 1 am in the fucking morning. Never heard the story of that one but in any case, wasn't compatible with his oncoming college. I *THINK* he quit but maybe he blew it up.

Eighteen went to college and blew it up in less than two months because nobody does homework from college.

Nineteen, went to college second type, of course, blew it up in less than two months because still, nobody does homework from college.

A full-time job at Tim Horton's within walking distance. Blew it up.

Has a full-time seasonal job at a factory that started in January, they closed in March so he's been doing CERB. Factory starting up again and it's in an industrial park away from busses and sometimes he works nights. He's damn lucky I'm technically retired other than consulting because of my 12-hour shifts while policing wouldn't allow me to give him rides to or from his job OR he has to take an Uber. I charge him a pissy charge of $7 a ride just to make things real that life isn't free. Uber is 14 so he gets a damn good deal on top of a big chop in response times. Thanks? Hmmm, maybe one out of eight rides.

SO. Yes, I believe my level of patience with him is above and beyond besides me wanting to blow HIM up.

Other than that it just sows discord in my house. I want to come home, take my clothes off, get a beer and walk out to my fucking hot tub. My GF wants to come home, take her clothes off and fuck me on the couch if she chooses but she can't. If we didn't have a big bathroom ensuite and she had to like robe up to walk to the shower, I honestly think that would be the last straw.
Does he have substance abuse issues?
My stepson was the exact same way, except I’d come home to him drinking beer, mess all over the house.

Truthfully I’m no good with problem children, at work if they are too broken I can just lay them off.
Bagua, or maybe ask him who you can talk to, to try to work things out.
Maybe this person can help your son with his issues.

My stepson was the exact same way, except I’d come home to him drinking beer, mess all over the house.

Truthfully I’m no good with problem children, at work if they are too broken I can just lay them off.
Is he like a counsellor or something??

I too was gonna say depression or substance problems. Those are all shit jobs @LePsyber why does he not go shovel dirt at a construction site for like 20$ an hour? No experience required just show up sober and work..

Respect for realizing this. Was gonna comment the same thing but thought my opinion would get shit on cause Im only 25 lol, but this is so true. I hate being compared to people 2-3 generations ago. Things have changed drastically.

It has changed for sure. But still a lot of old values can be instilled, which are not anymore and that’s the fault of the parents, and society, that was decided on by the same parents.

I have to explain simple things to the kids at work all the time.

One kid beat on his dads truck so much doing burn outs and such and was whining he had to buy new tires for his dads truck. I told him he was lucky and my dad would have kicked my ass for that. Then I said to him. “But you were the one that burned them off not your dad, I think you got off easy”, he groaned, yeah you are right.

My grandson has it so easier chore wise than I had. Before when I asked for help he groaned, flopped around damn it was annoying. So since there is no school he is stuck at work in the morning, so has has become my official hamburger patty box filler and maker. Oh the groaning was so bad at first it tortured me, but he’s getting better now.

We need to install better values.

We need to install better values.

Agreed. I have worked with a lot of guys and girls my age so millenials and some of them are so warped in perception it is pretty funny. & if the parents/education system doesnt teach them I dont know who will. No generation is perfect at the end of the day but I feel extra sorry for these zoomers they are growing up in a world of shit.

Agreed. I have worked with a lot of guys and girls my age so millenials and some of them are so warped in perception it is pretty funny. & if the parents/education system doesnt teach them I dont know who will. No generation is perfect at the end of the day but I feel extra sorry for these zoomers they are growing up in a world of shit.
The kids growing up now really don’t have an outlet to let loose. They are helicopter patented, by parents who spend their day on their phone, so they grow up on the phone or iPad.
And we have been ruled to death for the safety of society. Yes it may be safer, but shit what is the meaning if you are bored to death. The jail cell is just larger.

Some poor kids get a wake up call at work. More than once I’ve had to tell them I don’t have to like them or keep them employed, I’m not their parent, they need to earn respect. Most get it. Plus there are still lots out there that have proper values. There are still good parents and teachers.

The funny thing is every generation thinks the new one sucks, lol. Always been that way. I don’t look at it that way, I try to educate, but once people start to berate and insult I don’t waste my time. Plus not everyone’s opinion is going to be the same as mine, but I’m open minded enough to try to understand.

Honestly he never leaves the house to get drugs so his social deficiency alone stops his drug use. I bet that once he leaves he'll be all over them though which sucks.

You've been a great help already. My three on ia down 2 levels just discussing it so thanks.

Man have they ever. I put it squarely on the shoulders of technology. Its disconnected everybody yet everyone needs physical social interaction. Since the beginning of time we gathered around a fire and in 2 gens we suddenly don't. Parents disconnected by their own technology so there's often inattention.

Is he like a counsellor or something??

I too was gonna say depression or substance problems. Those are all shit jobs @LePsyber why does he not go shovel dirt at a construction site for like 20$ an hour? No experience required just show up sober and work..
Ahhh but see but there's the rub. Thats work right there. :/

Honestly he never leaves the house to get drugs so his social deficiency alone stops his drug use. I bet that once he leaves he'll be all over them though which sucks.

You've been a great help already. My three on ia down 2 levels just discussing it so thanks.
Maybe he really needs medical help. You may need to go as well. For real. Talk to him, explain that you cannot understand how you are frustrated and maybe having an outside person help will be beneficial. It would likely be coved under your benefits.(assuming you still get benefits, I know the guys not get benefits for life)
If there is no dependency issues, that likely would be the key.
Hopefully they don’t just put him on meds. Hopefully they can teach him to deal with how he feels and the world in a positive way.
I’d bet not feeling wanted around the house after his mom ditched him isn’t helping either.
You may have not been the same as me, but I was not overly happy when my grandson moved in. He had to, but it really disrupted my life. I didn’t mean to but I know I took it out on him.
My wife would always remind me that it wasn’t his fault his parents sucked sand that he needed us, and how he turns out now is a reflection of what we do.