Slowly getting back at it!

Swole_T1D

Trusted Member
Hey!

Been a while since i was active on the board. Life got in the way and health too.

I had to chose between my job and trainning, since i needed to pay my bills, i had to keep working.
Working and managing all the little stuff around the house and my rental properties was more than enough.

So to make a short story, i was able to get my TRT script in June but since that time i wasn't really able to train due to fatigue, weakness and pain.
My body didn't seems to like the normal testosterone of a normal human being, that's what i first tought but now i think we may have found why sadly.

Some may remember in my last log i had higher CK level than normal and i struggled to get my strength number up and wasn't able to put size as i should have, like in the past.
When i came down to normal Test level after my last cycle, i really started to have problem with strength, endurance, recovery and mostly i was easely out of breath. Doing normal thing would drain me out. So i had to stop training because i couldn't recover enough to perform at work and couldn't barely finish my last days of work during the week.

Between june and december i wasn't really able to train, even trying 20-30min of eleptical before going to work would let me regret it during the 2-3 first hours of work.

I had a muscular biopsy done at the beginning of october and just got my result friday.
Again i won at the illness loterry, when i tought T1D was enough for me i was wrong, i now have a new fight in my life, they told me i have Pompe disease (LOPD).

This log will only be there so i can keep track of my progress or degress, i still don't know.
Mostly to keep me motivate also.
A lot to learn in this new life journey.

What i know right know is that i'll need to keep to train so i'll maintain a minimum of life quality and slow progression, also need to work around a nutrition that could help me.

Going to meet a new doctor at the begining of january to learn more about my situation.

So right now i'm really not where i would like to be, my physique isn't at the best at all since my nutrition went shit and without training it's even worst.

So it's now time to be back at it and kick my ass to preserve my health the best i can even if it 10x time harder than before.

Maybe this log will help someone one day.

Current weight is around 212lbs in the morning but a lot more fat than a year ago at the same weight.
Strength is garbage compare to last year.

One good thing is i still have a decent amount of muscle mass.

Goal will be getting leaner and healthier.
Still don't know if higher than maintenance level of testosterone would be benefical, but nothing that can hurt me will be used, a lot of research need to be done.
I'm currently running more than my TRT (340mg) and feel better and can train now even if it's not a lot.

Gonna put picture tomorow even if i'm far from proud but needed to progress i think.
Some training details also will be added.

Won't be the typical AAS log but here is the only forum i'm on to talk about training.

Little detail about Pompe desease (google it for more) :
Pompe disease happens when your body can't make a protein that breaks down a complex sugar, called glycogen, for energy. Too much sugar builds up and damages your muscles and organs.

Pompe disease causes muscle weakness and trouble breathing. It mostly affects the liver, heart, and muscles. You might hear Pompe disease called by other names such as GAA deficiency or type II glycogen storage disease (GSD).

Yesterday was cardio am and leg afternoon, today was cardio am and chest/tris afternoon
Mostly warm up trainning only to get back on track without too much DOMS.

I think i will be doing a Upper/Lower split and do my workout EOD but will do 20-30min LISS ED.

Here's are some comparision picture of the last 2years and some from today.
It's such a shame, but it will remember me what i can achieve, at least i hope.

Maybe keeping/adding muscle mass will be harder but the first step will be to get rid of unwanted fat and get to a decent shape, something like the first pic in 2017 ould be a great start.

Summer 2018

Spring 2019

Winter/Spring 2020

Currently

I'm gonna update every month to see how i'm progressing.

Now time to plan the new nutrition!

Détailed trainning program to come also

Last edited:
Hope you're having a good Christmas folks!!
Ours look like we were into the alcohol prohibition years hahaha.

Oh and another little badluck for our family before the end of 2020, my 7y/o boy broke his shin friday, gonna have his full cast done on next tuesday. Hope 2021 will be better.

So recently i had a nice phone talk with @Funnyman to have a completly new nutrition plan built for me. I'm gonna switch for a Keto diet on January 2nd approximatly, it will be easier to manage after the holidays and after reducing the amount of food containing carbs in the house.

I will be doing a Chest/Shoulder/Tris, Back/Biceps/Abd and Lower body split instead of upper/lower. It will give me a little more training time and more recovery for my legs, they seems to take a lot more time than before to recover.
So, 3 days on/1 off

Today workout

15min LISS

Flat BB Bench 3x12 95lbs
Incline BB Bench 3x12 95lbs

Tri set
Seated DB Shoulder Press 3x15 20lbs
Lateral Raise 3x15 10lbs
Tricep Rope Pull Down 3x15 25lbs

Band Superset (Blood Flow)
Lateral Raise + Tricep push Down

As you can see i'm far away from what i was able to do, i can't really load more since all my stabilizer are shaking and i'll injure myself, i hope to be able to strengthen them to at a least be able to reach half of my past strength and being safe.

So second goal will be reaching 50-60% of my past trainning range and try to build back my stabilizer if it's possible.

It's an awful mind game at the moment but i'll get through it!!!

Oh and for the curious my current protocol is now 240mg Test and 160mg Mast. (I might drop some water, could be a good thing)
When i'll be ready i'm gonna switch for something like 250mg Test , 200 Mast and 150mg Primo.

Last edited:
Did my first Keto grocery today so i'm gonna slowly switch toward Keto next week and should be full keto by the other week.

Today Workout

18min LISS

Band warm up
High Cable Row 3x15 95lbs
Neutral Grip Lat Pull Down 3x12 95lbs
1 hand low cable rowing 3x15 35lbs

Superset
DB curl 3x20 20lbs
Horizontal Band Curl 3x20

Holidays are over, hope you hade great one like i did!

Back to my routine tomorow. Was able to keep cardio pretty much everyday, going to re introduce strength trainning tomorow.

Morning weight was 209lbs so things didn't get too sideway during the holidays.

Going to be full Keto with Funnyman nutrition plan tomorow. This will be the real beginning of the transformation process.

Happy new year Everyone!!

Everything is going pretty good as far as trainning, food and my family.
Everything else is a piece of shit, and we're now under curfew in Quebec just to make things better.

Monday
- 20min LISS
- Warm up with band as usual
- Chest workout (BB bench, BB incline bench, band fly in many position)
Tuesday
-20min LISS only
Today
-30Min pulling my kids outside in a sled so we can take fresh air. He's going to be another 6-8week will a full cast on his leg so we trying the best to get him outside as we can
-Back workout (Lat pull-down (cable and band superset), suport incline bench rowing, shrug)
-Also trying do work my abs, these are the weakest muscle at the moment, terrible shaking while contracting them so i'm trying to work around this in hope of having better stability.

Nothing extreme but getting into the beat again and keep thing steady is the first step.

Suprise appointment with my endo next week, so i lowered my dosage last week.
Running 120mg Test and 80mg Mast.
I'm currently dropping some water i think.

Morning weight was 208

Trying different meal now, i need to be creative hahaha

Last lunch was a mash of eggs, bacon, ground meat, aspergatus, bell peper, mushroom, salsa and little bit of cheese

I think i'm gonna start a keto recipe thread for fun

Tonight was 18min LISS
Shoulder and triceps work
Band warm up
Seated DB Press 5x15
DB Rear delt raise + DB Lateral raise + Band Front Raise
Triceps push down + Band push down

Got my apointment for my next wrist sugery, gonna be on january14th, so until then, only upper body work.

Friday was off day, too much things had to be done.

Saturday was 5min LISS and then Deadlift, RDL + Rowing, Biceps work also (DB and Band)
Outside Sled pull (60llbs kid) 25min

Today
5min LISS Warm up

Chest workout
Flat BB Bench 5x10
Incline BB Bench 5x10
Band Cross over (1arm) High to low and low to high 3x12
Close grip BB Press 3x12

Outside Sled pull (60llbs kid) 30min

Had a talk with funnyman and he told me to do my cardio after my weight trainning, so i'm gonna do this now.

Last 2 days was around 206lbs

Tranning wen't pretty well last week. Followed the plan.
Nutrition is pretty on point!
Had my wrist surgery done on 14 jan. Everything went pretty well.
Since the surgery i only went walking outside so my body focus on healing my wrist.
Will be back at light weight trainning next week probably, working around the best i'll be able to.

Weight going down like it should.
Sataurday morning scale number were pretty good
203.4lbs

Hope to be under 200 in the next 2 weeks, might take a little bit longer since i'll be pretty inactive during these next 2 weeks.

Getting back this thread to life i think, won't be much maybe but it will help me follow my progression with much ease.

Some news
Wrist are completly healed.
Genetic test were done and i don't have LOPD, i'm still under investigation, a lot of test have been done and they can't relate to any know disease for the moment, i have all the LOPD symptom and same biopsy result but the genetic test isn't conclusive. It may be from a gene that they don't know yet, that's what the neurologist told me for now so for at the moment i'm there knowing nothing yet and without a real solution.

I may have found a solution but my neurologist and endo are not for it. Gonna meet a new endo soon and see what he think. If he don't want to help i'm gonna do it anyway and trash the script TRT to get back to supraphysiological level so i can recover faster, get back some strength, better endurance and be able to still do my job, at least until they find a solution or if i find a new job that will suit me better. Since it's a muscular disease AAS seems to help a lot, now need to figure out what is appropriate for the long term.

I'm trying to get some strength back, improve my stabilizer and be able to regain enough to be able to be back at work by november.

I was able to get some size back, lose some fat but still a lot to lose, i'm a lot less active and can't push myself like in the past so i need to cut calories and it's hard, and a lot harder since summer is at our door.

I'm hovering around 200lbs currently

Gonna add more details about my training soon

Here's a progress pic for the follow up.

Last edited: