Sleep apnea?

OTFJOEY

Trusted Member
Does anybody use CPAP here? At my young age of 29 I find I am not feeling as refreshed as I should in the morning; and a recent poke told me I scared her in my sleep; as it sounded like I was fighting to get my breath at one point? That doesn’t sound great 🤣 anyways; I have to try to find a sleep clinic now and go snooze and find out I guess. Although I’d rather have one than not get the recuperation needed during sleep. The health ramifications can’t be great if left ignored… I’m sure I’m not alone here this should be common talk in bodybuilding circles

You may want to get your sinus checked, my sinuses were extremely inflamed because of gear and boxing.

Initially my doctor thought it was apnea, the machine I used for a week did fuck all but show that I didn’t get any sleep (it’s very hard to fall asleep with the machine attached to you).
I tried everything, sinus steroid pills, sinus steroid sprays, meditation etc.
I got a sinus surgery a few months ago to fix my inflamed sinuses and also fix my deviated septum. I sleep through the night, no sleep issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may want to get your sinus checked, my sinuses were extremely inflamed because of gear and boxing.

Initially my doctor thought it was apnea, the machine I used for a week did fuck all but show that I didn’t get any sleep (it’s very hard to fall asleep with the machine attached to you).
I tried everything, sinus steroid pills, sinus steroid sprays, meditation etc.
I got a sinus surgery a few months ago to fix my inflamed sinuses and also fix my deviated septum. I sleep through the night, no sleep issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I appreciate the response; I would think I’d know if it were my sinus as I’m very in tune with my sinuses, due to having seasonal allergies growing up; I can have the odd rough day a few times a year maybe; (like lots of animals or dust or pollen in one day); but other then that, it’s only when I’m sick they flare up. I am told all about it; and I’m currently on a sleep aid so I’m sure passing out wouldn’t be an issue once I got used to the fuckin thing. I’m single right now anyways why not try 🤷🏼‍♂️

also; deviated septum from boxing makes sense why that would have caused you so
many problems

Yes, tested at home twice on a machine the company gave me and was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. I would stop breathing almost every minute and at times for up to 20 seconds. This was when I went up to 240 and started snoring loud enough to shake the walls. I have a pretty big neck and it got better when I cut down to 225.
Anyway, I bought a CPAP machine after a two month trial with a companies' machine and even 5 hours sleep was better than 8 hours. If you have Apnea a CPAP is a game changer for proper sleep. It is annoying having something on your nose but the machines have come a long way and there are different mask options from two small air lines for your nostrils to a full face mask.

Get testes - it is well worth the cash.

Does anybody use CPAP here? At my young age of 29 I find I am not feeling as refreshed as I should in the morning; and a recent poke told me I scared her in my sleep; as it sounded like I was fighting to get my breath at one point? That doesn’t sound great 🤣 anyways; I have to try to find a sleep clinic now and go snooze and find out I guess. Although I’d rather have one than not get the recuperation needed during sleep. The health ramifications can’t be great if left ignored… I’m sure I’m not alone here this should be common talk in bodybuilding circles
Go to your doc. They will have a referral and will also do bloods to see how bad it is affecting you. Bloods will spike on oxygen carriers if your oxygen starved.

the sleep clinic sucks!!!!!!’ But it will identify how bad your issue is.

it’s not awesome to wear but you kinda get used to it. And it is an absolute game changer.

one of the prices to pay for all that extra weight that is put on. Big muscles aren’t exactly “healthy” in many ways. This is just one of them.

Go to your doc. They will have a referral and will also do bloods to see how bad it is affecting you. Bloods will spike on oxygen carriers if your oxygen starved.

the sleep clinic sucks!!!!!!’ But it will identify how bad your issue is.

it’s not awesome to wear but you kinda get used to it. And it is an absolute game changer.

one of the prices to pay for all that extra weight that is put on. Big muscles aren’t exactly “healthy” in many ways. This is just one of them.
I been researching this a lot lately and it could be a game changer for me. There’s a reason I’m still dragging my ass out of bed at 9(+) hours of sleep

I have had a Cpap machine for at least 8 years. The whole house would listen to me snore, and then go silent. A little while later it would sound like somebody stepped on a cat as I was gasping for air. We don't have a cat, lol. I used to wake up to my wife staring at me, whispering breath....breath. I thought it was normal to get tired every afternoon and take a nap, or nod off while watching tv. Apparently, its not. So turns out its really easy. Talk to your doctor. Set up an appointment with a sleep clinic (try to book when you're off the next day, it's a shit experience). See where it goes from there. In Ontario, OHIP covers half the cost of the machine. If you have benefits, even better.

I no longer wake up tired. I don't require an afternoon nap, and now, I can't sleep without the mask on, so you do get used to it. The only downfall, is yes, you look like a cyborg, and sound like Darth Vader. Your health will definitely thank you for it.

I have had a Cpap machine for at least 8 years. The whole house would listen to me snore, and then go silent. A little while later it would sound like somebody stepped on a cat as I was gasping for air. We don't have a cat, lol. I used to wake up to my wife staring at me, whispering breath....breath. I thought it was normal to get tired every afternoon and take a nap, or nod off while watching tv. Apparently, its not. So turns out its really easy. Talk to your doctor. Set up an appointment with a sleep clinic (try to book when you're off the next day, it's a shit experience). See where it goes from there. In Ontario, OHIP covers half the cost of the machine. If you have benefits, even better.

I no longer wake up tired. I don't require an afternoon nap, and now, I can't sleep without the mask on, so you do get used to it. The only downfall, is yes, you look like a cyborg, and sound like Darth Vader. Your health will definitely thank you for it.
I happen to have a decent insurance policy currently ..

That helps a lot. I get a new mask, hose, tank and filters every 6 months, covered by insurance.

It makes a huge difference if you need it. For me, a few hours with it on is better than 8+ hours of sleep without it.

The device is silent if worn properly and just uses air from the room rather than requiring an oxygen tank.

The Sleep Study sounds like a big deal but it is usually nice, clean, private and run with good staff.

You might also find out if you have other sleep issues (Restless Limb Dsorder, etc.).

If you aren't breathing your blood doesn't get enough oxygen. Blood pressure medicine won't even fix the problem.

They'll give you the stats. and you may be surprised or even shocked.

Thanks & good luck,

OD

Yes, tested at home twice on a machine the company gave me and was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. I would stop breathing almost every minute and at times for up to 20 seconds. This was when I went up to 240 and started snoring loud enough to shake the walls. I have a pretty big neck and it got better when I cut down to 225.
Anyway, I bought a CPAP machine after a two month trial with a companies' machine and even 5 hours sleep was better than 8 hours. If you have Apnea a CPAP is a game changer for proper sleep. It is annoying having something on your nose but the machines have come a long way and there are different mask options from two small air lines for your nostrils to a full face mask.

Get testes - it is well worth the cash.
Testes. Lol GR. Anyone else, I wouldn't dare point it out.

I wonder how much cash they’re charging for a nut these days - ideas for the broke bodybuilder

I don’t think you need nuts for a blast and cruise lifestyle 🤣

Lol, I was supposed to book at a sleep clinic like 2 weeks ago and didn’t get around to it.
My grandson won’t sleep with me because I snore so bad.

I better get around to doing this, because I love afternoon naps and falling asleep on long drives while I’m driving.

Geez I kinda think I need this now. Ive snored bad my whole life apparently. Ive also been told i stop breathing and wake up at times.

Geez I kinda think I need this now. Ive snored bad my whole life apparently. Ive also been told i stop breathing and wake up at times.
Actually I’m still safe, I’m worth more alive and working, but once I cross the threshold of where I am worth less than insurance, well I may have an “accident”, lol.
Or at least that’s what she tells me.
She also tells me she’d leave me, but I’d be happy, lol.