Sleep apnea?

Finally got my referral to a sleep clinic.. look forward to getting that checked out
How'd your sleep study go? I'm waiting to go too but hesitant those cpaps look so uncomfortable I think I'd sleep worse

How'd your sleep study go? I'm waiting to go too but hesitant those cpaps look so uncomfortable I think I'd sleep worse
On top of the better sleep quality, I actually sleep much easier now than before I was using one.

If memory serves me, I think it took only one or two nights to get used to. In fact, now I'd probably have a hard time sleeping without being hooked up to it, its become that normal.

The benefits to the different areas of your health are huge with this thing. Sleep affects blood pressure, blood sugar, heart health, recovery, etc. I'd go for it.

On top of the better sleep quality, I actually sleep much easier now than before I was using one.

If memory serves me, I think it took only one or two nights to get used to. In fact, now I'd probably have a hard time sleeping without being hooked up to it, its become that normal.

The benefits to the different areas of your health are huge with this thing. Sleep affects blood pressure, blood sugar, heart health, recovery, etc. I'd go for it.
Yea I need one for sure. I know I have sleep apnea and my BP, blood sugar and everything aren't good. I've done every other environmental change and nothings helped. I'll get into a sleep clinic as soon as possible

When I was in my late 20s I was 320lbs fat and muscular and I had severe sleep apnea. 86 occurrences per hour. I still snore but I sleep well as long as I'm under about 270lbs. Get a sleep study, the doctor can write a requisition for a monitor you take home. Back in the day they glued a butload of sensors all over your body and you had to sleep in the hospital, that was bullshit.

When I was in my late 20s I was 320lbs fat and muscular and I had severe sleep apnea. 86 occurrences per hour. I still snore but I sleep well as long as I'm under about 270lbs. Get a sleep study, the doctor can write a requisition for a monitor you take home. Back in the day they glued a butload of sensors all over your body and you had to sleep in the hospital, that was bullshit.
In my area I still have to take a trip a few hours away and stay the night at the clinic. It's a hassle that's why I haven't gone yet, I've even got almost all the parts for my own machine lol. I'll go soon though

In my area I still have to take a trip a few hours away and stay the night at the clinic. It's a hassle that's why I haven't gone yet, I've even got almost all the parts for my own machine lol. I'll go soon though
I had a doctor tell me I can take some kind of monitor home, she said you don't need to go to the hospital anymore. Weird how it's different regionally. Maybe it's because of cozy 19

Most major centers across the country will have a sleep clinc. You don't need a doctor referral and they give you an at home monitor. You wear it over night...it consists of a finger oxygen meter, breathing tubes that goes into your nose (not very intrusive) and the monitor that goes around your chest. its pretty easy

If you get a CPAP, most come with a SIM card and the therapist downloads your data daily and they can make the necessary changes to the device without every seeing you until it gets dialed in to the correct setting.

you get use to the mask in about 3 months. then you actually start to crave it LOL but try.

you can also get a dental device for obstructive apneas but it costs about $9000. Its the same as braces.

In 2012, I was referred to a clinic downtown and had so many electrodes and wires on me. A camera in the corner of the room and an announcer from the speaker telling you to wake up. I felt like I was Hitman Codename 47 😝

It’s nice to know there are better options now.

The machines auto adjust. I keep looking for one on Kijjiji. People die and then the relatives sell it. You don’t need to do a sleep study.
You don’t need a prescription for parts.

In 2012, I was referred to a clinic downtown and had so many electrodes and wires on me. A camera in the corner of the room and an announcer from the speaker telling you to wake up. I felt like I was Hitman Codename 47 😝

It’s nice to know there are better options now.
Hitman, yeah that was a good game.