Skinless chicken breast old school mentality?

I agree with what your saying, my point was just we have removed many aspects of sociecty that used to keep us healthy for our convicnes and taste.. and in doing so we have to now supplment the benefits of the things we removed.

I did lots of manual labour growing up as well and still got my first gym membership at 16.. my inlsws own a farm and to this day they still say "hey, just come over and help with haying... you won't need to go to the gym".. I've explained that yes haying is good exercise, but it doesn't replace the gym for the purposes I go to the gym.. Told my father in law he's been farming all his life and he's only 150lbs and needs to call me to do a day of heavy square bales so if famring turned people into strong men he would be much bigger than me, not smaller.
Yes, i get the point...
A day of square bales would have been nice...lol
We got 2 cuts of hay mnost years where i grew up...I did bales for months and months on end, just finished and started again, hauling off the field, ont a hay rack that started at 4.5 feet high, then we were chucking up high to guy stacking on rack. Then to the barn, unload and move around. Then when we sold them, load back up and deliver and unload again....
My forearms and hands are like a vise now to this day because of it. Rarely a glove was worn....
Thye good ol daze, unfortunately still do this for friends and neighbors. Its bale time, Call I dub...ffs.

Yes, i get the point...
A day of square bales would have been nice...lol
We got 2 cuts of hay mnost years where i grew up...I did bales for months and months on end, just finished and started again, hauling off the field, ont a hay rack that started at 4.5 feet high, then we were chucking up high to guy stacking on rack. Then to the barn, unload and move around. Then when we sold them, load back up and deliver and unload again....
My forearms and hands are like a vise now to this day because of it. Rarely a glove was worn....
Thye good ol daze, unfortunately still do this for friends and neighbors. Its bale time, Call I dub...ffs.

I've done squares as a kid in southern ontario.. down there they do get 2 cuts and I have seen 3.. Once I grew up enough to get a legit job I saw that round balers became quite popular lol..

They made squares by having a squre baler behind a tractor with a wagon attached at the bacl. The baler kicked the squares up into the wagon..

I didn't mind doing squares as a kid EXCEPT when it came time to stack them in the barn. They had there wagon at the base of the barn and then a convoyor belt (I don't know the name) that the wagon guy would toss the bales on and they would go all the way up and then fall into the barn. Then the barn guy(s) would pick them up and walk them to where they needed to be stack.. SOB I still recall have hot/humid and energry sucking it was being a barn guy in southern ontario heat.. I'm sure its caused a few old farmers to have a heart attack on the spot or heat stroke...

As a kid I always wore long pants and long sleeve shirt.. never had gloves.. to be honest I think it was a $$ issue for us

As an adult helping on the inlaws they dont do a lot of squares.. they do enough to easily feed the cows that are in the barn during the winter for whatever reason (injury, pregnant, late calvers etc).. It's easier to grab a square bale to put into infividual pens.. The rest of cows get fed either big rounds in troughs or silage sprayed on the ground.

The way the inlaws do squares is they have an old stooker to drag behind the tractor and I stand on the stooker and as each bale comes out I stack thm in a stook (large triangle) and when my triangle is built, I relase it to stand in the feild.. Then when all the bales are made, I sit on the back of a large flatdeck trailer as the driver pulls up to each large stook.. then I get off and stack those bales on to the trailer and the driver pulls up to the next one..

Then trailer pulls up to the barn and I get in the small barns.. guy on the trailer tosses the bales to me in the barn and I stack them in the barn.

I get the shitty job for each task, but I get it.. I am younger and stronger and better cardio.. but I am looking forward ot the day I can drive the tractor while the next generation stacks lol...

I wear shorts and t shirt when I do squares here in northern AB.. and gloves.. I can't stand pants or long sleeves to the poitn I'm ok with getting pokes and scratches from the bales..

Where we are, they only get 1 cut for the most part.. growing season is too short.. this cut is all large rounds... they make squares from a second cut from whatever field shows the best regrowth from first cut.. I asked why not do a second cut across the whole farm and I was told the regrowth is almost always not worth the cost of the fuel.. Not enough to cut to make it worth while.. and I was told if you wait long enough to get enough to make a second cut worth while its so late in the year that you risk the hay not drying enough to bale AND you also can fuck up the growth in the next year in that field.. I have seen for my own eyes this is all true for majority of most years.

We did square bales for about 5 years then my dad changed over to round. Best thing he could have ever done, cut our workload down by 1/2.

You know it was my brothers and I job to collect the square bales, I really don’t remember it being that hard of work. Just something that needed to be done. We would so overload the trailer and truck to cut down on loads, thank god my dad never saw it he would have killed us, lol.

The job that I remember that was the worst was picking rocks and roots.

Other than that, living on the farm wasn’t that overly tough. Other than a few times of having to haul water late at night by hand because a heat tape died and a pipe froze, or when it would be -40 and you had to feed the animals, scoop the poop, lol.

Mowing the lawn consumed too much time each week, but at least you didn’t have to clean up dog poop, you just mowed it, lol.

We did square bales for about 5 years then my dad changed over to round. Best thing he could have ever done, cut our workload down by 1/2.

You know it was my brothers and I job to collect the square bales, I really don’t remember it being that hard of work. Just something that needed to be done. We would so overload the trailer and truck to cut down on loads, thank god my dad never saw it he would have killed us, lol.

The job that I remember that was the worst was picking rocks and roots.

Other than that, living on the farm wasn’t that overly tough. Other than a few times of having to haul water late at night by hand because a heat tape died and a pipe froze, or when it would be -40 and you had to feed the animals, scoop the poop, lol.

Mowing the lawn consumed too much time each week, but at least you didn’t have to clean up dog poop, you just mowed it, lol.

piling bales to be picked up OR picking up bales isnt hard work.. I sort of enjoy being in the field at dusk doing it. The difficult part for me is it's done on a week day AFTER I get home from work and I am the only one stacking.. I'm already tired from work..

The stacking in a barn is shit.. I hate that.. It's dry, very dusty and hot.. I go home blowing hay dust out of my nose for days.. .black snot..

I recall one day I did hay bales after work in late sept.. My wife drove the big dually with the large flat deck and I sat on the back and picked bales alone.. in-laws were busy doing other things. Anyways, as I was picking bales I started to feel the shits coming back.. we (wife and I) were picking bales in a way back field.. no bathroom in site. I was going to shit my pants.. I don't mind shitting outside, but with those liquid shits I needed asswipes.. I told the wife and we frantically tried to find something in her dads truck to wipe.. Finally found a box of kleenex.. White ones... IT was getting close to shitting myself so as soon as I found the napkins I put my back against the tail end of the trailer and shit my brains out.. Wiped with kleenex.. Obviously due to the liquid shits I had to use lots of kleenex.. When I had finished I stood up and realzied I had a massive liquid shit and made a 2 foot pile of kleenex on the top of a hill in a fresh cut hay field... You could see the white mound of napkins from space lol...

I told the wife surely her dad will take a run back to the field tomorrow to check to make we got all the piles and will see a huge white thing on the hill and want to figure out what it is.. but hey, thats what you get for free labour

piling bales to be picked up OR picking up bales isnt hard work.. I sort of enjoy being in the field at dusk doing it. The difficult part for me is it's done on a week day AFTER I get home from work and I am the only one stacking.. I'm already tired from work..

The stacking in a barn is shit.. I hate that.. It's dry, very dusty and hot.. I go home blowing hay dust out of my nose for days.. .black snot..

I recall one day I did hay bales after work in late sept.. My wife drove the big dually with the large flat deck and I sat on the back and picked bales alone.. in-laws were busy doing other things. Anyways, as I was picking bales I started to feel the shits coming back.. we (wife and I) were picking bales in a way back field.. no bathroom in site. I was going to shit my pants.. I don't mind shitting outside, but with those liquid shits I needed asswipes.. I told the wife and we frantically tried to find something in her dads truck to wipe.. Finally found a box of kleenex.. White ones... IT was getting close to shitting myself so as soon as I found the napkins I put my back against the tail end of the trailer and shit my brains out.. Wiped with kleenex.. Obviously due to the liquid shits I had to use lots of kleenex.. When I had finished I stood up and realzied I had a massive liquid shit and made a 2 foot pile of kleenex on the top of a hill in a fresh cut hay field... You could see the white mound of napkins from space lol...

I told the wife surely her dad will take a run back to the field tomorrow to check to make we got all the piles and will see a huge white thing on the hill and want to figure out what it is.. but hey, thats what you get for free labour
Lol, Jesus. That story made me laugh.

we had a shelter with a roof and no walls to stack the bales.
Sometimes in the summer with straw we would find snow in between the bales in like July. And could throw a few snowballs.

The second cut was always right when we went back to school. So after work or on the weekends.
Usually i during year end tests at school, we would be repairing fences and other work every night. Work till dusk like 10 pm and do our homework before bed at 11. It’s tough to do homework when you are tired.

The mosquitos were relentless. Especially when you were raking the hay, open tractor.

I learned a great work ethic from my dad, but he treated us like slave labour. 8am-11 pm one 1/2 hour lunch. You had to shit you did it in the bush, because you’d take too long going to the house. And when it would get dark, my brother and I would say, we gotta quit it’s dark, he’d say we were weak, and even the old man could outlast us.

I remember when my curfew finally ended. I was 18, we were using the trike with a chain to tear stucco off the old farm house, working on it all day, so at 8 pm, my buddies drop by to pick me up to go out, my dad runs outside, says hey help out you could get it all done in one day. So we worked on it till 9:30, only one smaller end wall left. Well my curfew was midnight (don’t be 2 minutes late or you are grounded). So 9:30 we are 30 minutes out of Sherwood park, we want to go, my dad gets all pissed, saying we could have it done before dark, another hour.
I say well no point in going out for an hour then, my dad get angrier and says, fine then go, I don’t care when you get home then, do what you want.

I came home at 3 am. My dad was pissed I was out that late, but my mom told him that he didn’t care what time I stayed out till. That was the end of my curfew. Btw, I was working and paying rent.

Lol, Jesus. That story made me laugh.

we had a shelter with a roof and no walls to stack the bales.
Sometimes in the summer with straw we would find snow in between the bales in like July. And could throw a few snowballs.

The second cut was always right when we went back to school. So after work or on the weekends.
Usually i during year end tests at school, we would be repairing fences and other work every night. Work till dusk like 10 pm and do our homework before bed at 11. It’s tough to do homework when you are tired.

The mosquitos were relentless. Especially when you were raking the hay, open tractor.

I learned a great work ethic from my dad, but he treated us like slave labour. 8am-11 pm one 1/2 hour lunch. You had to shit you did it in the bush, because you’d take too long going to the house. And when it would get dark, my brother and I would say, we gotta quit it’s dark, he’d say we were weak, and even the old man could outlast us.

I remember when my curfew finally ended. I was 18, we were using the trike with a chain to tear stucco off the old farm house, working on it all day, so at 8 pm, my buddies drop by to pick me up to go out, my dad runs outside, says hey help out you could get it all done in one day. So we worked on it till 9:30, only one smaller end wall left. Well my curfew was midnight (don’t be 2 minutes late or you are grounded). So 9:30 we are 30 minutes out of Sherwood park, we want to go, my dad gets all pissed, saying we could have it done before dark, another hour.
I say well no point in going out for an hour then, my dad get angrier and says, fine then go, I don’t care when you get home then, do what you want.

I came home at 3 am. My dad was pissed I was out that late, but my mom told him that he didn’t care what time I stayed out till. That was the end of my curfew. Btw, I was working and paying rent.

Yes sir, there is nothing like real hard honest manual labour to build character and to teach you truly how hard you can physically push yourself. I loved and hated manual labour growing up. I loved pushing myself further and further.. I loved being 14, 15, 16 etc and working as hard or even out working men.. I wouldn't quit until they did.. I wouldn't eat, drink or break until they did.. taught me so much as a young man.

I've seen those open sided shelters for hay.. I would love for the inlaws to build one, but don't think its going to happen.. They use old wood grain silo's and even new round metal ones for hay bales.

I honestly thought I wrote this in my sotry, but I can see I left it out..

That day I shit myself picking bales with my wife we were only dating for about a year and a half.. The relationship was super fresh and my relationhsip with the in-laws even fresher.. I wouldn't give two shits if I shit on the top of my father in laws hill and left a huge pile of kleenex lol.. I'd probably tell him I thought I saw a weird weed growing on that hill so I marked it with some kleenex and he should check it out.. but back then, it was awkward lol...

And the other part of that story.. I never ever take days off work unless I can't help it.. but I had such a awful stomach flu 2 days before at work that I took the day before I picked bales off work.. I think it was Monday I went to work and got sick.. took Tuesday off. went to work Wednesday and was around 3pm I got a call from mother in law "Hey we really need you to pick bales because its going to rain.. can you please come help?"... Again, new relationship so I said yes just to get in the good books..

I'm also one who NEVER EVER shits at work.. EVER.. On that Monday I was at work feeling 100% and than around 3:15 (work is over at 3:35) I got this awful awful rumble in my stomach.. It was so bad.. I got a buddy to cover me so I could use the bathroom.. I told him I had to piss.. Anyways, there are 2 adult bathsooms where I worked.. The one was attached the staff room.. literay the shitter door is 5 feet beside the stasff room table.. so no way was I dropping one there.. the other bathroom is way down the hall. I made a very fast walk for it.. I got there and there was someone in there.. So no choice.. I went to a kids bathroom.. I literally sat down and sprayed that toilet with liquid shit.. it was awfull.. my stomach felt like a ketchup bottle someone was squeezing to get the last drop out.. Anyways.. when it stopped coming out.. I just sat there trying to recover.. and then I heard kids come into the bathroom lol.. I can't recall exactly what they said but they were discusted with the smell lol.. I waited till they left and then I went back to my position, thanked the guy who covered for me..

About 6 years later the guy who covered for me was a groomsman at my wedding to my wife who I had just started dating back then.. we become good friends.. It took me a few years to tell him about that day I blew my ass out in the kids bathroom when I asked him to cover for me to take a leak..

That was I think the 2nd time I shit at that work place..

I've only shit one time at my current work place and it was due to taking medication.. Those of you who have ever taken gout meds.. thats the one that did it.. I took too much for too many days in a row.. If you've ever taken too much of gout meds, you'll know what I am talking about.

Yes sir, there is nothing like real hard honest manual labour to build character and to teach you truly how hard you can physically push yourself. I loved and hated manual labour growing up. I loved pushing myself further and further.. I loved being 14, 15, 16 etc and working as hard or even out working men.. I wouldn't quit until they did.. I wouldn't eat, drink or break until they did.. taught me so much as a young man.

I've seen those open sided shelters for hay.. I would love for the inlaws to build one, but don't think its going to happen.. They use old wood grain silo's and even new round metal ones for hay bales.

That day I shit myself picking bales with my wife we were only dating for about a year and a half.. The relationship was super fresh and my relationhsip with the in-laws even fresher.. I wouldn't give two shits if I shit on the top of my father in laws hill and left a huge pile of kleenex lol.. I'd probably tell him I thought I saw a weird weed growing on that hill so I marked it with some kleenex and he should check it out.. but back then, it was awkward lol...

And the other part of that story.. I never ever take days off work unless I can't help it.. but I had such a awful stomach flu 2 days before at work that I took the day before I picked bales off work.. I think it was Monday I went to work and got sick.. took Tuesday off. went to work Wednesday and was around 3pm I got a call from mother in law "Hey we really need you to pick bales because its going to rain.. can you please come help?"... Again, new relationship so I said yes just to get in the good books..

I'm also one who NEVER EVER shits at work.. EVER.. On that Monday I was at work feeling 100% and than around 3:15 (work is over at 3:35) I got this awful awful rumble in my stomach.. It was so bad.. I got a buddy to cover me so I could use the bathroom.. I told him I had to piss.. Anyways, there are 2 adult bathsooms where I worked.. The one was attached the staff room.. literay the shitter door is 5 feet beside the stasff room table.. so no way was I dropping one there.. the other bathroom is way down the hall. I made a very fast walk for it.. I got there and there was someone in there.. So no choice.. I went to a kids bathroom.. I literally sat down and sprayed that toilet with liquid shit.. it was awfull.. my stomach felt like a ketchup bottle someone was squeezing to get the last drop out.. Anyways.. when it stopped coming out.. I just sat there trying to recover.. and then I heard kids come into the bathroom lol.. I can't recall exactly what they said but they were discusted with the smell lol.. I waited till they left and then I went back to my position, thanked the guy who covered for me..

About 6 years later the guy who covered for me was a groomsman at my wedding to my wife who I had just started dating back then.. we become good friends.. It took me a few years to tell him about that day I blew my ass out in the kids bathroom when I asked him to cover for me to take a leak..

I've only shit one time at my current work place and it was due to taking medication.. Those of you who have ever taken gout meds.. thats the one that did it.. I took too much for too many days in a row.. If you've ever taken too much of gout meds, you'll know what I am talking about.
I am laughing so hard.

You dont meet many kids willing to work like we did anymore... thats why even here in canada we are hiring illegals that dont speak englidh 30+/h to do hard labour... actually come to think of it i havent seen a single person under the age of 20+ in any sort of real labour intensive construction in forever.
Im always told im going to die and blah blah blah because of all the beef i eat.... while they eat FARM fish lol... i read they are so toxic u should only consume farmed fish 2x a year.
My grandparents would eat bones, like dogs, wouldnt boil it just chew em till they could swallow it. I never attempted that though lol

I only read the biginning of that before replying... now i finished reading it... such a hillarious story!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the nutrient profile of the skin but, the bones turned into bone broth blows chicken breasts nutrient profile out of the water in terms of micronutrients.

Of course we need the protein from the meat itself but, if you made broth from the bones and added the chicken in youd have a much better situation than the breast alone.

She's not wrong
Some of the best aminos you can get is from homemade bone broth, and I'm pretty sure it's like 9 grams of protein per cup ( may be off a bit)

When I do keto or IF, I sip bone broth during my fast or if I'm hungry during keto, very good for keeping your nutrients up while in a deficit

Some of the best aminos you can get is from homemade bone broth, and I'm pretty sure it's like 9 grams of protein per cup ( may be off a bit)

When I do keto or IF, I sip bone broth during my fast or if I'm hungry during keto, very good for keeping your nutrients up while in a deficit
If you're sipping bone broth, you're not fasting.

40 calories sipped over a 16 hour period...I personally don't consider that breaking a fast
So nice, you had to quote me thrice ;) haha

Fair. It all depends on what you consider fasting. In terms of biology, mTOR pathways are still being stimulated, the gut has to process something, etc etc etc. So it all depends on your reasons for fasting!

Baling hay was the only summer job available for a 13yo kid where I grew up, and I looking back I really did enjoy it.
Then again I never really had much of anything to compare to at the time. It doesn't make you big, but does make you strong and resilient. Farm kids weren't the biggest in my school, but were by far the strongest and toughest. but I admit to being envious of the town kids working bagging groceries in air conditioned supermarket for 7$ an hour while I was busting my ass for 4$. Made more money though, as I got in triple the hours they did farming.

The only part of haying I didn't like was the last 6 feet in the haymow in August. It was incredibly hot, and couldn't see for all the sweat running into your eyes so constantly banging my head on the rafters. Was a blissful feeling to step out of that barn though, jeans soaked through like you had just climbed out of the creek.
My brother and I used to hay for a lot of neighbours who had different methods of small squares. Everything from stookers to bale throwers.
He hated walking around on a moving wagon building the load as the bales came off the baler and I didn't like the mow which he didn't seem to mind, so we ended up making a pretty good team.

Baling hay was the only summer job available for a 13yo kid where I grew up, and I looking back I really did enjoy it.
Then again I never really had much of anything to compare to at the time. It doesn't make you big, but does make you strong and resilient. Farm kids weren't the biggest in my school, but were by far the strongest and toughest. but I admit to being envious of the town kids working bagging groceries in air conditioned supermarket for 7$ an hour while I was busting my ass for 4$. Made more money though, as I got in triple the hours they did farming.

The only part of haying I didn't like was the last 6 feet in the haymow in August. It was incredibly hot, and couldn't see for all the sweat running into your eyes so constantly banging my head on the rafters. Was a blissful feeling to step out of that barn though, jeans soaked through like you had just climbed out of the creek.
My brother and I used to hay for a lot of neighbours who had different methods of small squares. Everything from stookers to bale throwers.
He hated walking around on a moving wagon building the load as the bales came off the baler and I didn't like the mow which he didn't seem to mind, so we ended up making a pretty good team.
I hated raking the hay and the mosquitos coming out to eat you alive, lol. Or 40 below and you are scooping cow and horse shit.
Besides that I really liked living on the farm. So much freedom.

I hated raking the hay and the mosquitos coming out to eat you alive, lol. Or 40 below and you are scooping cow and horse shit.
Besides that I really liked living on the farm. So much freedom.
So much freedom. but could be dangerous AF too. Thinking back at all the injuries and deaths of people I knew, at the time it was just normal. A neighbour crushed by a combine head, in highschool a guy lost his arm in an auger, a 5yo cousin got killed backed over by a tractor, my dad got caught up in a PTO. It tore his coveralls off him and took half his face with them. He was very lucky and is a tough old bastard too.
Thinking back, many of the games we played were nuts too. An example playing barn tag, running around on the beams and swinging from ropes 20 feet above scrap steel and farm implements etc.
I shudder thinking about if my own kids were doing that stuff.

So much freedom. but could be dangerous AF too. Thinking back at all the injuries and deaths of people I knew, at the time it was just normal. A neighbour crushed by a combine head, in highschool a guy lost his arm in an auger, a 5yo cousin got killed backed over by a tractor, my dad got caught up in a PTO. It tore his coveralls off him and took half his face with them. He was very lucky and is a tough old bastard too.
Thinking back, many of the games we played were nuts too. An example playing barn tag, running around on the beams and swinging from ropes 20 feet above scrap steel and farm implements etc.
I heard of accidents, but no one I knew, had any. We were given very strict instructions to be careful around power equipment. I think it may have stemmed from the fact my father also owned a meat plant and was cautious about workplace injuries. So I never stuck my fingers into places it shouldn’t, and made sure the pto was off before playing with it. No sticking fingers into the combine if the tractor was running.

Still don’t do things like that.

The scariest things was the trike, lol. Flipped that so many times, and dirt bikes.

When we played, let’s say I was dragging my brother on an aluminum saucer behind the trike with a 15 foot rope, doing donuts until the g forced pulled him off, we always wore a helmet.. or wearing downhill skis with a rope behind the skidoo, wore a helmet.
Rode English so we wore a helmet. Good thing to, I got thrown a few times.

We did build a tree fort about 8 feet in the air, fell off a few times while building, but luckly were fine. We were young, you bounce, lol. We used so many nails to build that thing. My dad said we should have just welded the nails together would have been easier. Found some rolled roofing in one of the sheds, so it was even water proof. We got the wood from the house my parents were renovating. I don’t think they wanted us sleeping in it, it was about 15 minutes from the house, we were like 12 and 10, so my dad says the coyotes would jump thru our plastic window to get in (yeah, 10’up, but we were young and naive), so my brother made beating sticks out of 2x4’s and hammerEd nails thru it so we could kill those coyotes,lol. And we did sleep in it a few times, well, didn’t really sleep.

the cows only attacked us during calving season, lol. And the one bull we had that was bottle fed you could ride. But I was careful not to scratch him if there was a fence behind me, he’d lean in and crush me by accident, lol. 3800 lbs.

Last edited:
lol. Thinking of dangerous. I was 12,my brother 10, a cow had died, my dad drug it out the barn to get picked up. It was bloated (spring time). Like a balloon, so my brother says, let’s pop it.
That sounded like a wicked idea (my dad was still at work, mom was home but she never paid attention), so we grab the hay fork, it’s pointier, standing on the cow (obviously it was on its side), and we are trying to stab this thing. Jumping in the air to get more torque. we were about to get off and go sharpen the tines with the angle grinder and my dad come home. His exact words were, “what the fuck are you doing, you are lucky it didn’t pop, that would have stank bad, get off of it, Jesus”

You know it’s too bad my grandson doesn’t have a brother and live on the farm. It was a blast.

Last edited:
I heard of accidents, but no one I knew, had any. We were given very strict instructions to be careful around power equipment. I think it may have stemmed from the fact my father also owned a meat plant and was cautious about workplace injuries. So I never stuck my fingers into places it shouldn’t, and made sure the pto was off before playing with it. No sticking fingers into the combine if the tractor was running.

Still don’t do things like that.

The scariest things was the trike, lol. Flipped that so many times, and dirt bikes.

When we played, let’s say I was dragging my brother on an aluminum saucer behind the trike with a 15 foot rope, doing donuts until the g forced pulled him off, we always wore a helmet.. or wearing downhill skis with a rope behind the skidoo, wore a helmet.
Rode English so we wore a helmet. Good thing to, I got thrown a few times.

We did build a tree fort about 8 feet in the air, fell off a few times while building, but luckly were fine. We were young, you bounce, lol.

the cows only attacked us during calving season, lol. And the one bull we had that was bottle fed you could ride. But I was careful not to scratch him if there was a fence behind me, he’d lean in and crush me by accident, lol. 3800 lbs. Plus you needed to pay attention because he didn’t care if you were on his back and he wanted to lay down.
yeah, my dad was actually a very careful guy too as he worked in an industrial fab shop. It was a freakish accident, all the guards were in place on the grain auger. He went to get out of the bin and the undone cuff of his coveralls slipped into a 1/4 inch gap caught on a cotter pin. It started winding him up in slow motion, lifted him off his feet. He tucked his chin down into the coveralls so they wouldn't strangle him and said he figured that was it for him. They finally tore off and when they did they took his chin with them. Then with a mangled arm and his face hanging off trying to get out of there, would you believe the truck got stuck. He got it out and drove a few miles to find help.

worst thing that happened to me was baling hay. I was on the wagon throwing bales onto the elevator. The bales were a good 75-80lbs and when I threw one the string caught on my ring. It was a good throw, the bale landed perfectly on the elevator with myself still attached, but I slid off and was hanging by my finger as I was riding the elevator higher and higher towards the tiny mow door. I kept trying to lift myself up with my other hand so I could unhook myself, but the elevator was moving so no matter where I grabbed the side and I couldn't reach the bale itself. I kept trying though, an in my frantic scrambling and bouncing hoping the string would break, it was the ring that gave up first. It broke at the silver solder joint. Thank god for poor workmanship.
It cut my finger up pretty good when it came off, I don't even remember hitting the ground. Pretty much a none event.
I've never worn a ring since though.

Had a Honda big red trike too. Way more fun than the ATV's lol. I never got hurt on the trikes, best friend broke his collar bone flipping one.

Uncle had veal calves we would ride. Or rather quickly fall off of. There wasn't a lot of riding involved. Never an injury there either, but I am certain that was more luck than anything.
Another cousin got kicked in the head by a dairy cow. She was just walking down the aisle scraping into the gutter and wham. No idea why.
With farming I think there is so much variety and unpredictability that there will always be a lot of 'shots on goal' if you know what I mean.