Sick again 🤮 what should I eat?

Negan

Trusted Member
I was sick with "the flu" about 3 weeks ago I had a headache, sore throat and was tired af, I couldn't lift or do cardio. My appetite was low but I just ate what I wanted, lost about a kg or so that week, lost a little strength but not much. Now I got the same shit again combined with constipation and my appetite is garbage probably because im just on my TRT dose. I could barely get down a shake this morning, for lunch I ate 2 pepperoni sticks and for supper I ate a grilled cheese with bacon. I went to the superstore and picked up orange juice, a pie and icecream to try to get some calories in. I've been taking naproxen and acetaminophen. What do you guys do when you're sick?

My 2 cc's - Eat whatever makes you feel good and try to keep a decent amount of protein in there. Stay very well hydrated above all and use flavored EAA's in water. I don't get sick like that very often at all but I'm not shy about just not eating if I don't have an appetite, seems like a lot of animals do that. Using stored energy to heal rather than to digest more energy perhaps?

Stop taking Naproxen. Forever. I may be biased from seeing it so much first hand but that shit eats kidneys. In general it seems Bodybuilders already have above average kidney troubles.

My 2 cc's - Eat whatever makes you feel good and try to keep a decent amount of protein in there. Stay very well hydrated above all and use flavored EAA's in water. I don't get sick like that very often at all but I'm not shy about just not eating if I don't have an appetite, seems like a lot of animals do that. Using stored energy to heal rather than to digest more energy perhaps?

Stop taking Naproxen. Forever. I may be biased from seeing it so much first hand but that shit eats kidneys. In general it seems Bodybuilders already have above average kidney troubles.
Agreed - sometimes it is best not to overthink shit and listen to your body. If you lose 5-10 lbs from not eating for a week or two because you are sick, you will gain it all back when you feel better. Listen to your body and if your not hungry don't eat - your body is using it's energy to heal itself.

Naproxen / acetaminophen are only needed if your in a lot of pain or your fever is dangerously high. Your body created a fever so unless it's unbearable don't fight it. Naproxen is hard on the kidneys and Tylenol is hard on the liver. If you need something for inflammation / pain - try the prescription strength Wobenzymes (no script needed - can buy on amazon, any vitamin online store). Take 1 hour before you eat or at least 2 hours after. They are a healthy alternative and are marketed for pain - double blind studies showed the product did as well as diclofenac for certain pains. Dogs don't understand placedo and I use it for my working dogs all the time because meloxicam long term is hard on the kidneys and can cause serious bleeding issues.

Once a cold/flu gets you, you may be able to reduce the duration by a few days with some minerals/vitamins/herbs but they work better at preventing. If you want a list of the ones that I think are safe/help get over colds/flus I can list them. If nothing else, drink a lot of water and rest.

There's a nasty stomach bug going around my area right now, my kid had it projectile vomiting, diarrhea, of course next day I had it, I tried eating some soup and Ritz crackers, and it immediately came up, just called it a write off on food, stayed hydrated, and pounded some whoppers the next day on top of my meals to get some calories in, just do what you can if you can't eat don't, sip water and stay hydrated, rest up and get back at it when you're better

2000 grams of vit c a day and 4000 iu vit d.
Suck on hard candies, keep your fluids up.

Thing of this cold as a mini cut, you'll come back on a reboound even leaner, lol.

The last 2 nights sucked, I needed to get out my old CPAP machine and increase the pressure because I couldn't breathe if I relaxed, the swollen throat was terrible. It's much better today. Yesterday I was able to eat decently today I'm pretty much eating normal. I might even lift or do some cardio later. I only took vitamins today no other pills.