Shouldn’t post this but… Anxiety

I hear you Brother and battle anxiety as well.

Since you had counselling you know that anxiety IS worry which leads to more anxiety. I find myself "spinning" or over analyzing things all the time. Once you remember that's all it is you can usually deal with it easier.

If it lasts for several days it is an acute anxiety phase but it will go away eventually. It's like a thermostat in your home or car, etc.. You can take so much but eventually it boils over and that's when it becomes a problem.

From what I read in your post, I recommend listening to this song if you get a chance (takes a little while to get going but the first part is still important)...

I hope you can remember to take a step back and it'll calm down.

Take care,

OD

I hear you Brother and battle anxiety as well.

Since you had counselling you know that anxiety IS worry which leads to more anxiety. I find myself "spinning" or over analyzing things all the time. Once you remember that's all it is you can usually deal with it easier.

If it lasts for several days it is an acute anxiety phase but it will go away eventually. It's like a thermostat in your home or car, etc.. You can take so much but eventually it boils over and that's when it becomes a problem.

From what I read in your post, I recommend listening to this song if you get a chance (takes a little while to get going but the first part is still important)...

I hope you can remember to take a step back and it'll calm down.

Take care,

OD

Just listened to it man, I love instrumental music but apart from the beginning that made me feel better, it just stressed me out 😅 I’m sorry about that.
-
right now I’m listening to

classical piano make me feel better and as weird as it sounds like, when I’m listening to this, I feel more connected with god.

Thanks man

-John

I'm glad you played somethi9ng to sooth you more.

The one I provided was just for an insight on how certain mental health issues (including anxiety) can make you think things which then become "real" in your mind and then you listen to them and act on them and they often mislead you and guide you in the wrong direction. You have to tame those voices and learn not to trust them and deal with them instead as it's usually your brain f'n with you instead.

All the best,

OD

i just started a new medication that’s an additive to my anti depressant. Things have been feeling off the last couple days mentally. I don’t enjoy having mental health issues; but there are times when it’s empowering to surpass things I doubted myself on.. I think that I’m a smart dude but I know I don’t know it all and I need fuckin help sometimes and it’s okay to need help… it really sucks to need help and not try to get it.. I’ve been there too. Stubbornness at its finest.

Anyways I’m hoping my medications start working tg properly; I can’t say I’m leaning one way or another; I’m just restless and I guess a bit de-energized. Anxiety was bad earlier this month for a couple weeks, but it’s not now. Thanks to OP for giving me a place to put this

i just started a new medication that’s an additive to my anti depressant. Things have been feeling off the last couple days mentally. I don’t enjoy having mental health issues; but there are times when it’s empowering to surpass things I doubted myself on.. I think that I’m a smart dude but I know I don’t know it all and I need fuckin help sometimes and it’s okay to need help… it really sucks to need help and not try to get it.. I’ve been there too. Stubbornness at its finest.

Anyways I’m hoping my medications start working tg properly; I can’t say I’m leaning one way or another; I’m just restless and I guess a bit de-energized. Anxiety was bad earlier this month for a couple weeks, but it’s not now. Thanks to OP for giving me a place to put this
Man I’m so sorry to hear that.. apart from the part where you said that you start feeling better haha. I wish I could be of more help right now. We often think that we are alone but we are not. The prime exemple is right here, on this post. I know it’s hard, everything goes well for months then all of a sudden it crash then we gotta get back up again and again.. and again. It’s a never ending battle and it’s so demanding, it’s exhausting.

Im really glad that you feel better and that you’ve been able to vent here, and Im glad that a lot of people did.

man must be strong, no weakness. This sh*t is putting enormous weight on us and it’s hard to talk and be heard. This community is exceptional.

-John

Thanks for your words @John Snow its been a battle with myself more than anything. I have this tattoo on my inner left bicep that says “me against the world” it’s a tattoo that my best friend who passed away had. I’ve been in a mindset like that for most of my life due to a shitty upbringing. But breaking the cycle has been my MO for years. I have far surpassed any ounce of “man” my father ever was. And I think it’s important to not forget where I came from. Because truly just even being above ground is a blessing to me. I hope that you win your personal battles; and prosper into the man you were meant to be