Shoulder pain

rygran

Trusted Member
After several tests I’ve been booked for surgery on one shoulder due to tears, but the other side was feeling pretty decent until about 3 months ago. I was doing cable flys at a decent weight (have a good shoulder day)and the next morning I could barely move my good side. Ever since then I’ve had a pain starting st the top that kind of carries down the side. I had it looked at with the surgeon and they figured just inflamed, but it’s been weeks now and I can’t rest it any longer with no results. If I hold down on the top of the muscle with my opposite hand I have full mobility. If I let the pressure off the mobility is lost and the pain returns. Here’s a picture with a really poorly drawn arrow of where the problem seems to be. 1cb4fff09945f6bb0dc921cba8ab0471.jpg

Anyone know what this could be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not the trap. Pain seems to be at the end of the clavicle.

I just did a Neer’s test according to google... I don’t think it’s an impingement. I doesn’t feel like rotator cuff, that’s what is wrong with the other side and it’s a different feeling. It feels like it originates in the bone almost.

@rygran I'm not sure what is causing your ailment & am sorry to hear you are suffering.

I too had a really bad shoulder that caused my lifting career to nearly come to a complete halt. Total weakness at certain angles, pain, crunching, etc.

I did a lot of research, and I found the work of Dr John Kirsch who recommend simply dead hanging from a bar regularly to improve shoulder health. He claims this simple technique allowed himself, and growing numbers of his patients to alleviate & remedy shoulders joint issues - leading to many avoiding surgery altogether.

I tried this myself, and I can say that I have successfully fixed a terrible shoulder to about 99% improvement, leaving me with only a bit of grinding/clicking in my range of motion.

I highly recommend everyone to look into this for improved shoulder health. Its super easy, and it works.

I hope that this may help yourself, or somebody else find relief, as it has myself.

Dead hang from a bar for improved shoulder health. Dr John M Kirsch, Orthopedic suregon

Cheers

Last edited:
doing random tests without having any clinical knowledge behind them is useless. Doing a Neer's, Hawkins-Kennedy, O'Briens, or Empty-Can may tell you something, but may tell you absolutely nothing other than being provocative.

An AC joint irritation is likely, but you also have your long head biceps that runs up underneath that. If you look up hawkins-kennedy and empty-can, if one of those is positive then there is an impingement somewhere. If it's all negative, and none of those tests create pain, then it isn't a contractile tissue, and likely a joint issue. It's hard to give treatment advice for something like that without knowing the full depth of what injury it is. But doing simple shoulder movements with a 2-5 lbs plate in flexion, abduction, external and internal rotation should provide some needed warm up forces. You can always try buying some leukotape and try taping up the shoulder where you grasp it to provide a bit of a bracing and see if it calms down whatever is going on so that when the tape comes off, you should still maintain some mobility.