Should we take Metformin?

I have some metformin from my doc who desided to treat my so called prediabetes Some say there is no such thing its weather you are or are not.My levels were never over 7 (6.5) so I haven't bothered .However I just might indulge the doc. No insulin for this guy!

Decided to post this regarding metformin.I thought it was only used for diabetes but apperantly not. https://www.juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/content/should-we-all-take-metformin

I looked into metformin a bit and it seems to work by being an exercise mimetic. It tricks the body that it’s going through an energy deprived state (like when you’re exercising) which activates certain genes which help improve your body from the “exercise/stress” that metformin is giving you

It seems that taking metformin while exercising though inhibits the benefits of exercise.

Also metformin inhibits MTOR which isn’t good for muscle building

I think it’s great to take if you’re not bodybuilding, not too sure it’s optimal for bodybuilding though. It definitely has health benefits. David Sinclair is an longevity (anti aging) scientist, someone who’s talked highly about it and takes it himself

I looked into metformin a bit and it seems to work by being an exercise mimetic. It tricks the body that it’s going through an energy deprived state (like when you’re exercising) which activates certain genes which help improve your body from the “exercise/stress” that metformin is giving you

It seems that taking metformin while exercising though inhibits the benefits of exercise.

Also metformin inhibits MTOR which isn’t good for muscle building

I think it’s great to take if you’re not bodybuilding, not too sure it’s optimal for bodybuilding though. It definitely has health benefits. David Sinclair is an longevity (anti aging) scientist, someone who’s talked highly about it and takes it himself

That's interesting
I know a couple guys that take Metformin PWO with carbs for a mini slin effect.

One of them is on the verge of a pro card.

I'll have to ask

I started taking Metformin today just 250mg in the morning. The reason im taking it is because I have issues with impulsive eating due to cravings ect. Ive lost 230 pounds down from 510 pounds and im actually in reasonable shape but ive been stuck between 290 and 300 pounds for 6 months. This is mostly because of binge eating. My first day has been a revelation. I don't feel uncontrollable cravings for unhealthy food and im actually able to slowly eat my food now rather than just inhaling it. I hope this continues.

Lots of positives with metformin. One of the negatives of metformin use mixed with gh is it inhibits igf-1 production.
I’m a big advocate of berberine over metformin for that main reason. Works just as good without the gut rot that metformin is known for, and it also supports IGF-1 production. Actually studies showing it increases igf1.

I think the only way i would take it is if i was diabetic, like uncontrollable Blood sugar 9+. if you are 6-8 your just tapping out in my opinion and can't diet and eat right to let your body regulate what it can.

Lots of positives with metformin. One of the negatives of metformin use mixed with gh is it inhibits igf-1 production.
I’m a big advocate of berberine over metformin for that main reason. Works just as good without the gut rot that metformin is known for, and it also supports IGF-1 production. Actually studies showing it increases igf1.

I wish PGanobolics would offer berberine...

ive used bitter melon caps myself, not sure if i should try berberine as well. i am on tudca too during my blast.