Shock therapy device

one time I decided to change my dishwasher and didn't turn the breaker off. Believe it is 220 which is kind of dangerous. So I pulled the old one out and it spilled water everywhere and I tried hooking the new one up while sitting in the water and lets just say I had the shock of my life. I had a boner for 2 hours and felt tingly, does that count?
People tell me I'm lucky to be alive and others say I should never touch electricity again lol.
lol... would have been 120, but still could have given you a hell of a shock.

One time my buddy was eating dinner with his family. They didn't notice, but their dog was in the kitchen chewing on the refrigerator cord. The dog eventually made it through the cord and electrocuted itself. The shock was so bad that it projectile shit all over the place, most hit the wall where it left a perfect 4' circle of poo, but some made a hard left turn and sprayed them while they ate.

lol... would have been 120, but still could have given you a hell of a shock.

One time my buddy was eating dinner with his family. They didn't notice, but their dog was in the kitchen chewing on the refrigerator cord. The dog eventually made it through the cord and electrocuted itself. The shock was so bad that it projectile shit all over the place, most hit the wall where it left a perfect 4' circle of poo, but some made a hard left turn and sprayed them while they ate.
funny but I feel bad for the dog. Did the dog live?

one time I decided to change my dishwasher and didn't turn the breaker off. Believe it is 220 which is kind of dangerous. So I pulled the old one out and it spilled water everywhere and I tried hooking the new one up while sitting in the water and lets just say I had the shock of my life. I had a boner for 2 hours and felt tingly, does that count?
People tell me I'm lucky to be alive and others say I should never touch electricity again lol.
220v tends to be 30amps. It's the amps that kill you.

Takes less than 200 Milleamps which is 0.2amps...to kill depending on if it hits your heart so yes, you could or should have died.

Like Winnipeg said, a dishwasher would have probably only used 120v but it's still 15amps and can kill you.

Last edited:
220v tends to be 30amps. It's the amps that kill you.

Takes less than 200 Milleamps which is 0.2amps...to kill depending on if it hits your heart so yes, you could or should have died.

Like Winnipeg said, a dishwasher would have probably only used 120v but it's still 15amps and can kill you.

I'm not an electrician, so maybe someone will correct this if they are.

220v can be any number of amps. Amps = Volts divided by Ohms (resistance)

Amps are generally based on what the load is drawing, not on how many volts the line is. (220v doesn't tend to be 30 amps)

It travels through your body similar to fork lightning, sporadic, and fast. If the path it takes from source to ground is past your heart, your heart will most likely stop. Likely Goldenrod was safe because he was lying down so the path most likely went in his fingers and out his elbow or forearm (it will take the path of least resistance) Since he was wet there was far less resistance.

Hard to measure how many AMPs Goldenrod was drawing... lol.. The amount of current in amps that flows through your body goes up when resistance in ohms goes down. Lots of resistance in human flesh, clothing and shoes, so he likely only had 100 - 200 milliamps traveling through his body, but 100ma is enough to have you lock onto a tool.

I've been locked onto current, it's crazy scary.

Last edited:
I use a tens machine on my left shoulder and find it very relaxing and eases the pain I have in that shoulder. The relief is temporary, only last when the electrical contractions are being applied, once the electric stimulation is taken away, the shoulder pain and discomfort returns to normal. Feels awesome when the stimulation is being applied so I will take it..

I'm not an electrician, so maybe someone will correct this if they are.

220v can be any number of amps. Amps = Volts divided by Ohms (resistance)

Amps are generally based on what the load is drawing, not on how many volts the line is. (220v doesn't tend to be 30 amps)

It travels through your body similar to fork lightning, sporadic, and fast. If the path it takes from source to ground is past your heart, your heart will most likely stop. Likely Goldenrod was safe because he was lying down so the path most likely went in his fingers and out his elbow or forearm (it will take the path of least resistance) Since he was wet there was far less resistance.

Hard to measure how many AMPs Goldenrod was drawing... lol.. The amount of current in amps that flows through your body goes up when resistance in ohms goes down. Lots of resistance in human flesh, clothing and shoes, so he likely only had 100 - 200 milliamps traveling through his body, but 100ma is enough to have you lock onto a tool.

I've been locked onto current, it's crazy scary.
Im only speaking from what I learned from building 3 houses to where are now. My knowledge is probably deeply flawed. All I know is what my circuit breakers are and we're set to (I have some 240/30amp lines for bitcoin miners). I "believe" they just take 2 120/15 and combine them into one circuit/breaker. Again just what was explained when I upgraded to add some high power sucking ASIAC miners for bitcoin.
House builders tend to set circuits at 120/15a and 220/240/30a at the breakers.

And yes, for some odd reason lightning will hit one guy, knock the shit out of him but he lives when the guy next to him gets turned into what an overcooked hotdog looks like just from the way it arced to him.

Seen some human hotdogs and guys kicked off 30 foot lifts when they took a live wire that should have been off and locked out and bare handed that deal before getting blown off the lift.

Lastly, I fix computers for friends which automatically makes them think I'm an electrician.(a kid selling hamsters out of a pet shop probably has more electrical skills lol)
Anyways, One asked me to wire the ground fault to his pool that keeps you from dying if something shorts in the pool. Slightly important and the guy wanted to trade a 24 for me to ground his pool.(like I'd know how)
Lol I cannot STAND getting hit even with a low shot from the wall and cringe just looking at the bare end of a wire so no, I am not an electrician. I'm just speaking from things I've been told from real electricians.(other than the electrocutions).

Im only speaking from what I learned from building 3 houses to where are now. My knowledge is probably deeply flawed. All I know is what my circuit breakers are and we're set to (I have some 240/30amp lines for bitcoin miners). I "believe" they just take 2 120/15 and combine them into one circuit/breaker. Again just what was explained when I upgraded to add some high power sucking ASIAC miners for bitcoin.
House builders tend to set circuits at 120/15a and 220/240/30a at the breakers.

And yes, for some odd reason lightning will hit one guy, knock the shit out of him but he lives when the guy next to him gets turned into what an overcooked hotdog looks like just from the way it arced to him.

Seen some human hotdogs and guys kicked off 30 foot lifts when they took a live wire that should have been off and locked out and bare handed that deal before getting blown off the lift.

Lastly, I fix computers for friends which automatically makes them think I'm an electrician.(a kid selling hamsters out of a pet shop probably has more electrical skills lol)
Anyways, One asked me to wire the ground fault to his pool that keeps you from dying if something shorts in the pool. Slightly important and the guy wanted to trade a 24 for me to ground his pool.(like I'd know how)
Lol I cannot STAND getting hit even with a low shot from the wall and cringe just looking at the bare end of a wire so no, I am not an electrician. I'm just speaking from things I've been told from real electricians.(other than the electrocutions).

for sure, ya breakers in houses are only safety nets. They clip if something starts to draw too much power, or lines get crossed. They do have 20 amp breakers for 120v too, and really it could go up from there but it becomes safer to switch to 240 as the amp draw is lower, which drops heat as well.

I honestly feel I know little when it comes to electricity... house power is on the basic side of things, when you start to talk capacitors, transistors, inductors on so on, I'm lost.

Anyways, I'll shut the fuck up cause I'm way off-topic.

happy sunday!