Shock therapy device

Taureau

Administrator
Has anyone had any experience with shock therapy?

I had it years ago. It promotes healing and regeneration

You can either go get treatments or buy a device and do it yourself
I bought one from Amazon

Im not gonna lie, me and the wife bought one of those docter hos shock pad thingys but the sex version, and we put the pads on different parts of our bodys, and had sex and did all kinds of stuff lol... 🤣 was fun , i dont think that was the answer you were looking for though lol.

Yes I have had it done at recovery center they put a bunch of wires on my back it made my muscles relaxed and got rid off pain but it only last for 20 minutes and after that the pain comes back.

Yes I have had it done at recovery center they put a bunch of wires on my back it made my muscles relaxed and got rid off pain but it only last for 20 minutes and after that the pain comes back.
Same here, very temporary relief. I don't know the physiology behind it but if I remember correctly, my physio used it to increase blood flow to an area before manually breaking down scar tissue.

Has anyone had any experience with shock therapy?

I had it years ago. It promotes healing and regeneration

You can either go get treatments or buy a device and do it yourself
I bought one from Amazon
They used it on my back when I broke it years back. It was a muscle stimulator I think? But it would contract my back muscles over and over with a shock. Working them without me moving so I could keep my strength while my vertebrae heal. From what I could tell it did what it was supposed to. And helped with my long healing process.

for sure I would try it. Let us know, maybe I could get one for my back if it works?

I had it done at my chiro, and it breaks down calcification on a tendon.

They try to give you 4000 hits, on the injured area. I didn't even get that close as the pain from it becomes very painful.

My chiro said the wave can go about 7-8 inches deep with the body.

I do feel way better now, in the old Injury.

They try to give you 4000 hits, on the injured area. I didn't even get that close as the pain from it becomes very painful.

Ever try ultrasound? Helped with my torn rotator. Breaks up calcification like you said.

@Taureau Okay Bull I really gotta ask now, what specifically, I've had EMS, TENS and Shockwave therapy which is what I presume @Funnyman is referring to. No sex toys, no cuckoo's nest and no Mel Gibson in Lethal weapon with the kiddie pool and car battery . Missed one - Been electrocuted (least fav by far).

Really depends as always, on the goal.

The first physio I had for a knee injury let me blast the machine, and it was awesome. It did work, or at least I felt it did. Another physio I had was much more conservative, and it felt like nothing, and the two injuries compared were night and day—the more powerful the punch, the better the result, in my opinion.

We bought one.. I'm not exactly sure type of shock it does, but it has 4 pads, a foot thing etc..

I bought it to see if it would do anything for my cramped/locked muscles.. I don't think it did anything.. not even temporary relief..

Its sat in the shelf for 2 years until my wife tried it for headaches she gets from stress.. She clenches her jaw when she sleeps (yes she has a very expensive mouth guard).. She carries all her tension and stress in her jaw/neck..

One morning she woke up with a headache from stress.. she put the machine on her jaw/neck and it took the headache away and helped relax those muscles.. My wife is the kind of person to get a lot of placebo effects, so I didn't think much of it.. But she's used it for a few months now on her neck/jaw when she gets her stress headaches..

Maybe one day I'll try it on a different type of ache/pain, but it certainly didn't do anything for my knotted up muscles.

kelly starrett is now promoting electrotherapy as part of active recovery for new injuries. ive been playing with my fathers dr hos tens machine with injuries. no sure if im doing it right. would be nice if someone put out some kind of protocol. cuz the new thing, everyone is trying to make a buck instead of sharing the wealth

You referring to a Tens Machine? My mom is a nurse, so as a kid we had one of those around the house. We used to fuck with it to see who could go the highest. It's very much like getting electrocuted.

Another device that I've heard a lot about lately is called The Pheonix. It uses acoustic wave therapy (shock wave) for ED.