shaving

wonder if his beard growth was lower on a big blast because of estrogen conversaion or some sort of negative feedback loop with hormones.
Who is his??? Are you pretending I am not here???LOLOLOL ;^) jk
I think estrogen build up would be much higher as I taper down as I am coming off. Negative feedback loop maybe??

a few guys talking in a circle, AI walks in and steps in front of me, back facing me, pointing over his shoulder and asks ADDY "wonder if his beard growth was lower on a big blast because of estrogen conversaion or some sort of negative feedback loop with hormones".
IW takes a knee, then fetal position, curls in a ball...sucks thumb, and shouts with tears flowing..."why is Animal Inside so mean"??

a few guys talking in a circle, AI walks in and steps in front of me, back facing me, pointing over his shoulder and asks ADDY "wonder if his beard growth was lower on a big blast because of estrogen conversaion or some sort of negative feedback loop with hormones".
IW takes a knee, then fetal position, curls in a ball...sucks thumb, and shouts with tears flowing..."why is Animal Inside so mean"??

thats funny shit lol.. I needed that today actually!

fyi, you can use a strop on disposables and double the lives. i shave in the shower. soap once and rince to wash off the oils on the wiskers. soap again to saturate the whiskers and for lubrication. i find its better to do a once over every day better than trying to do a perfect job every other day or so. thats when you get irritation. after i run the water cold to close the pores and because james bond did it. then moisturize right after drying to seal in the moisture. i dont like shaving cream. i need to leave it on awhile for it to soften the whiskers. it gets irritating on the skin and the double soap treatment is almost as good. but im going to try the safety razor and beard oil.

fyi, you can use a strop on disposables and double the lives. i shave in the shower. soap once and rince to wash off the oils on the wiskers. soap again to saturate the whiskers and for lubrication. i find its better to do a once over every day better than trying to do a perfect job every other day or so. thats when you get irritation. after i run the water cold to close the pores and because james bond did it. then moisturize right after drying to seal in the moisture. i dont like shaving cream. i need to leave it on awhile for it to soften the whiskers. it gets irritating on the skin and the double soap treatment is almost as good. but im going to try the safety razor and beard oil.

What kind of shaving cream have you tried? Anything in the grocery store is piss in a can compared to real shaving creams.

ummmmm....... im still single. ladies today expect some extra grooming. is a safety razor safe safe to trim the moss off the oak and trim the hedges?

ummmmm....... im still single. ladies today expect some extra grooming. is a safety razor safe safe to trim the moss off the oak and trim the hedges?

eh....
I tried a double edge safety razor on my head... it gave me the closest head shave I've ever had, but nicked myself up a lot.

One thing people don't get is that they think a single blade razor can't shave as close as a Mach 3 or Mach 5 etc.. It's absolutely the opposite. WAY closer with the doubel edge razor with way less irration.

I actually shave once with the grain, lather shaving cream on again and shave again against the grain everytime I shave.

With those crap Mach 4 or whatever, I was only ever able to shave with the grain and just once. So not nearly as close of a shave.

what do you think of this?
and this?

that razor blade sampler is great. That pack would last me at least a year.. 1 year for 28$ and only using a blade twice before tossing lol..

The handle you sent isn't the best.
1) You want a butterfly style handle. Its much easier to switch blades.
2) You can find a handle with a badger brush for a little more than your link. The badger brush is amazing for fluffing your shaving cream and applying it to your face. The badger brush actually helps lift your beard hair up and massage in some cream with you use it.
3) most people prefer a longer handle. I bought one like the link you sent at first, but instantly I knew i wanted a longer handle.

Handles are all different. The handle dictates the angle of the blade. The handles actually have a slight guard against shaving too close. The one you sent could be good for the angle, who knows.. everyone's face is different! I have two handles and I much prefer one more thna the other.

I got this handle.. Its a good brand

HEres a good kit to get lots of stuff

Cheap brush, but will work

Buying high quality shaving stuff is a rabbit hole for me once ordered my first high end shaving supplies.

I have gotten more than one buddy addicted to good shaving stuff once they tried it... One guy had some of the worst razor burn I ever saw and he had to shave everyday for his job.. He never looked back once he tried the good stuff and hasn't had razor burn since

Another thing... If you are prone to razor burn and nicks, use this thing. It seals up nicks and takes redness and bleeding from razor burns instantly.

Stings when you use it, but if you screw up shaving and need to go to work right away, it fixes your face asap

LOL. I use a DE as well. 1964 Gillette Slim. I also use Art of Shaving shaving cream.
Honestly, I have stood in the shower with my DE in hand looking down and thought, Nope! I keep a Mach something or other in there for that one job.

Biggest scam going is gillette shaving gels and disposable cartridges especially the multiple blade ones.
yep I feel like Im getting robbed everytime I buy their shit lol. When you guys say soap are you talking about those shaving bars that you use a brush to lather with? Gonna try the strop on some disposable machs when I buy them next! not sure if I will get into the straight razors/safety razors again simply because the grain of my beard grows in all sort of directions and its almost impossible to not slit my throat open when trying to do my neck.

also, I see a lot of you dont shave against the grain but I find I simply cant get a close enough shave by going with & to the side of the grain. As long as the blade is super sharp I dont get bumps or ingrown hair from doing that.I will get razor burn like CRAZ though if the blade is dull, I press to hard, or my technique is bad while using a DE blade.

my DE safety razor I just bought is wilkonson sword and I think their blades suck. Feather blades are THE BEST I used to use them when I have the disposable straight edge. they are stupid sharp and stay sharp.

lol... thanks for the shout out.. Truthfully, yes I have spent much time and money finding the perfect system due to being a hairy fucker and I get razoe rash easily.

Here's my system and why

1) Double edge safety razor. It's ridiculusly cheap. Buy a handle off amazon. Then buy a sampler pack of blades. This pack will give you a variety of blades from different manufactuers. Try them and find the one you like the best. They are all slightly different, however in general you can't go wrong with "feather" blades --> https://www.amazon.ca/Feather-Double-Edge-Blades-Count/dp/B00AGG3MUI/ref=sr_1_8?crid=D2J33PCAF725&keywords=feather+razor+blades&qid=1590594572&sprefix=feather+,aps,319&sr=8-8

It should be noted that dull razors are the main cause of razor burn along with improper shaving technique. With double edge razors blades, I use each blade just two times before tossing it. I am still using the same package of blades I bought for like 40$ after a year and a half. Its literally about 20$ a year to use a fresh sharp blade all year for me.

2) Next you need the rest of the system which is preshave oil, good shaving cream and good after shave. I have tried a huge variety of different brands from the most expensive to cheap stuff. Here is the ones I'd recommend

Best- Truefitt and HIll
2nd- Taylor of old Bond street
3rd- Rocky Mountain Barber Company
4th- The art of shaving.

I'd recommend any of the above companies for their preshave, shave cream and after shave.

Price wise, Truefitt and Hill is insanely expensive and comes from England lol.. they are the oldest barber shop in the world.

Best bang for your buck is Taylor of Old Bond Street.. And you can buy it right from amazon. I'd recommend starting with this company. Here is what I'd buy to start

Preshave oil

OR

Shave cream

OR

After shave
https://www.amazon.ca/Aftershave-Taylor-Old-Bond-Street/dp/B003B3WF5Q/ref=sr_1_21?crid=2HUX5QPI2SGQV&keywords=taylor+of+old+bond+street+pre+shave&qid=1590595027&s=beauty&sprefix=taylor+of+old+bond+street+pre,beauty,191&sr=1-21

OR

Can't forget a brush to make your shaving cream

I know it seems like a lot of money up front, but I promise you will be shocked at how long this stuff lasts. You spend way more money on cartridge razors than you'd ever spend buying this stuff.

I should also say, don't buy double edge blades and try to use your regular gillete shaving cream and no preshave/after shave. It doesn't work that way lol.... You need to buy it all and don't try shaving with it until you have it all double edge hangle, double edge blades, badger brush, preshave oil, good shave cream, after shave....

And that being said, watch youtube video's how to shave with this stuff.

I used to hate shaving and dread it, but now I look forward to it and get such a close shave I only need to shave 2-3 times a week.
Thanks for this.

I just ordered the handle you recommended along with a sampler pack of blades. Already have a brush and foam!

Another thing... If you are prone to razor burn and nicks, use this thing. It seals up nicks and takes redness and bleeding from razor burns instantly.

Stings when you use it, but if you screw up shaving and need to go to work right away, it fixes your face asap

Is this like an alum block? I use that and it works like a charm