Shaving safety blade, straight razor or electric?

Taureau

Administrator
how do you like to Shaving safety blade, straight razor or electric?

I like to treat myself now and then to a shave with a straight razor. At home I use an electric to trim and then a safety razor for the rest.

I’ve tried electric but my skin was way too sensitive. I find it actually worse for razor burn then a wet shave.

If I want a really close shave I do a traditional 3 pass wet shave with a new feather blade. Can’t do that everyday though my skin just won’t handle it. Every other day I just use your typical crappy Gillette 4 blade thing which does the trick without too much irritation.

I use an electric when I remember to shave daily. It works really well when the stuble is short. When it gets a bit longer I use an old style single blade safety razor.

I use a safety blade. I’d like to use a straight razor but for $300 to $400 for one I’ll be sticking with the safety. Come to think of it I’ve never used an electric razor.

I use a safety blade. I’d like to use a straight razor but for $300 to $400 for one I’ll be sticking with the safety. Come to think of it I’ve never used an electric razor.

I bought an antique safety razor at an auction when I was 16 years old. Never used it. It's sure sharpe but if I used it have no idea how to sharpen it

I use a safety blade to trim my neck and cheeks.

About once an month I go to an old school barber shop and get a hot towel shave and haircut.

I use all 3 depending.... I have my grandfather's strait razor that I've had honed..... mostly electric and normal razor during the week.... strait razor shaves MUST be done when fully awake so it's a weekend thing

I bought an antique safety razor at an auction when I was 16 years old. Never used it. It's sure sharpe but if I used it have no idea how to sharpen it
If it’s a straight razor most places in the mall that sell knives or shave supplies will sharpen it in the back for you for around $20

For the traditional safety razors the only ones I’ve seen are the blade should come out and be replaced. Should be able to turn a piece on the handle to loosen off the top to remove the blade.

I use all three.
Straight razor for the face, safety razor for the head and groin, electric body groomer for the body/back.

double edge safety razor
badger hair brush
art of shaving preshave oil
Taylor of old Bond street shave soap
art of shaving after shave

Keep one of those sticks for cuts on hand. the sticks that burn like a sob