Share your membership with friends or family and half the price of working out - Fit4less

PGM

Trusted Member
If you want a reasonable priced gym with a fair amount of equipment ... especially in NB.. consider fit4less. What I am doing is the black plan which give you free tanning, free hydro massage bed use, free virtual cycling, free massage chair and you can share your membership. So a black plan ( damn hope BLM does not find out about the plan name or it will be cancelled ..lol) allows you to share you membership with your family or friends, so we share with my son and his wife and we place our memberships cards in a drop off at his place after we are done and pick them up there when we want to go to the gym. So we buy 2 memberships... my wife and I for 10.99 biweekly and a joining fee of 44$ which amounts to with taxes in about 380$ a year per person. As we share with our son and his wife this cuts the price in half to 165$ a year or for the wife and I each so ... 380$. My wife claims the total amount at work of 760$ and gets a 400$ max refund so our cost is actually 0$ for the year. Our sons portion is a Xmas gift every year. For what you get for a Black plan and the amount of weight and cardio equipment they have... well worth paying 0$ lol

I've heard the Fit4less locations are constantly packed. Like worse than Goodlife. How do you find them?

I've heard the Fit4less locations are constantly packed. Like worse than Goodlife. How do you find them?
Well you have to make an appointment where I am at so they are full but not packed. NB has very few covid cases so there is not a lot of risk getting it so not a lot of worries, and you can also get the equipment you want when you want it most of the time. There plans are more reasonable for my wife and I as they have all the equipment we need at a lower price than good life and with a black plan we share memberships with our family and the tanning and massage freebies are great as well. I alternate from my home gym to fit4less. Good to have people training around you now and then. But then again I just crank the music I like in my home gym and that is very soothing as well.

I had a membership at it in the GTA for when I was traveling more for work. They are busy but not bad early in the am.

I tried them out when they first popped up, I found the one near my place to have lower quality machines, some were out of order, I’m a machine guy so it didn’t work for me.
Things like the leg press were stiff/low quality but it might be different at your location

I think it’s best if you use free weights

Reactions: PGM
Some are hit and miss. My location's upkeep is pretty decent. Pre-covid 5pm-11pm it gets pretty crowded - you have a better shot at a decent workout with machines VS free weights at those times.

With the new appt system the busy factor is pretty much gone. I have the luxury of being able to book my workouts, but for those who are more random the new system is a pain in the ass. The shit part is there's no consequence for booking a time slot and not showing up. Yeah that's right. Some fucktard can book a prime time spot and decide not to go - screwing someone out of workout time. FFS be respectful and at least cancel your time so the slot opens up.

I tried to book Saturday earlier this morning and there were no times. I just checked again and an 8am was open. To whomever was cool enough to cancel I dedicate my glorious Saturday pump to you.

I tried them out when they first popped up, I found the one near my place to have lower quality machines, some were out of order, I’m a machine guy so it didn’t work for me.
Things like the leg press were stiff/low quality but it might be different at your location

I think it’s best if you use free weights
there machines .. free weight and cardio equipment are quite good in Saint John NB. That's to bad it is not the same at your location. Call in to head office. make a stink see if you can get things changed. Well worth using fit4less for me ... others it may not be as attractive.

Not bad at all in Saint John NB ... except at peak time... like after work and lunch times. I just go alternate times.

i go to two locations, one doesn't allow deadlifting lol
but they are good for what i need.
my old club shutdown that I was there from 2006-2017 it works, sucks dumbells go up to 75lb max so for chest db press i switch between barbell and dbs depending how i am feeling that week.

Reactions: PGM