Same - a potential NAC alternative

Goldenrod

Staff member

It looks like NAC may be getting pulled off the supplement shelf. It is a great precursor to glutathione and as such protects your liver from the onslaught of toxic substances. It is ridiculous to have this supplement pulled off the market as there is next to zero change of toxicity.

I have written about Sam-e (S-adenosylmethionine) before and if you are worried about liver injury for whatever reason, suggest reading up on this supplement. It is a prescription medication in some countries for depression, did as well as Celebrex for some arthritis related pain albeit it has a slower onset of relief. Is the main treatment vets reach for when your pet has any kind of liver injury.
Just another tool in the toolbox to consider. It is an expensive supplement in Canada and much cheaper in the US - I prefer to support local businesses but in order to take 400-800 mg a day it gets very costly unless you buy it online out of the US.

The attached study is one of many you can find on this supplement.
My main two liver supplements are Sam-e and Phosphatidyl Choline. This is just my opinion and what works well for me. Please do your own research and don't take Sam-e if your already on anti-depressants without talking to your doctor.