Sacroiliac joint strengthening

Frank.castle

If you want peace, Prepare for war
Trusted Member
Hey guys, Was in for a massage for my back on Friday and my RMT commented on inflammation in my sacroiliac joints and that it’s usually a sign of a weak joint. The only advice she gave me was not to lift and twist. Any suggestions on how to strengthen the joint and area.

sorr
Hey guys, Was in for a massage for my back on Friday and my RMT commented on inflammation in my sacroiliac joints and that it’s usually a sign of a weak joint. The only advice she gave me was not to lift and twist. Any suggestions on how to strengthen the joint and area.
Sorry I didn't get to this bud.

You can't strengthen your SI joint. It is a load bearing joint that is integral to you being a human standing on two feet. It is the connection bone between your two pelvic bones. When you have an inflammatory joint it does not necessairly mean weak tissue. You could have had compression trauma (like a fall). And joints on it's own wouldn't be classified as weak in this case. The surrounding low back musculature is weak, possibly as well as the motor control of the back. This means your ability to control where your back is through movements like deadlifts, squats, rows (which translates to real world movements like picking up laundry or kids).

As you reduce the inflammatory process of the joint by treating the surrounding structures, the joint integrity improves. You need to look at all your activities and see what your postural and load tendencies are on it.

Quick over view of my posture.... shit all day every day. I’m in a seated position leaned over looking through my feet for 14 hrs plus a day 6 days a week

I used to on and off have tons of issues with my sciatic nerve. Largely due to being very in active at work sitting and then going to the other extreme weightlifting and jujitsu.

Hip mobility solved my issues and one of the best exercises for me to maintain hip flexibility is Bulgarian split squats. I use kettle bells and I only use one at a time so I can keep my other hand against the rack so I’m not having to deal with stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to on and off have tons of issues with my sciatic nerve. Largely due to being very in active at work sitting and then going to the other extreme weightlifting and jujitsu.

Hip mobility solved my issues and one of the best exercises for me to maintain hip flexibility is Bulgarian split squats. I use kettle bells and I only use one at a time so I can keep my other hand against the rack so I’m not having to deal with stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hip mobility is a huge issue for me as well. One of the big things that lead to it was a tearing of both sides of my groin at the same time in my younger days playing football. Being young and dumb healed up good enough I could move and started popping pills to keep playing (was my last year of high school had a few scouts up from the states) I did the same when I had a partial tear of my acl now being older I pay big time for it. I will try out the Bulgarian split squats see if that helps me out, thank you!