Red Zone Gym BS

kibrood

Trusted Member
Worked out at a Fit4Less this morning. First of all good luck trying to book a workout time. It was bad enough when they were allowed 50 people, but now with 10 people it's fucked. You can only book the next two days in advance - because there are limited spots you have to wait until midnight to hopefully get a time when the new slots open up - the ones 2 days later. For this morning at 9am I had to book it Friday midnight - and I was a bit late and had only 2 options.

When I got to the gym I was like OK at least there's no one in here and I can do whatever I want. NOPE! They have 3 squat racks - 2 were taped off so that no one would workout too close to each other. So in a gym with 10 people I still had to wait for a squat rack. WTF! And the multi cable station? Same thing, they taped off some of the stations to prevent people from crowding the area. So, that meant 1 lat pulldown out of 2 useable, 1 cable row out of 2, and two multi exercise pulleys out of 4. Once again, if 2 out of the 10 people in the gym decided to use the multi station - you're fucked. For cardio - there were less than 10 machines available - everything else was taped off (I assume part of this is have x number of specific machines to wipe down) - so if two people decided to use the treadmills then the elliptical or bike is your only choice. My knees don't like the movement pattern of the elliptical and my raisin nuts don't like the bike.

I got a workout in and I'm glad about that, but this so messed up. I can only imagine how ridiculous it must be for the bigger chains like Goodlife and LA Fitness to watch only 10 people workout in such a huge space.

Larger chains are closing. Crunch fitness and planet fitness are closing. I got word that they're recieving a subsidy to stay closed.

I was doing really well on a bulking powerlifting training routine then my fucking gym closed to 10 people per workout slot...fucking impossible to book. I’m pissed or rather I feel fat as fuck now and pissed!

I'd like to see the science based evidence that gyms are the problem...
There are none, and to be honest, both big box and boutiques spent thousands upon thousands to comply with COVID measures; social distancing, update exhaust systems, PPE, etc.

There were a couple linked outbreaks but the links they published in the media were tenuous at best. They need to go after schools ffs.

I had to stay up till midnight 2 nights in a row to book for next sat and sunday cause at shitlife you can book a week in advance. At 12 04 it was all booked. Thank fuck i bought those dumbbells when i did at 1.35$/lb

At least you have a glimmer of hope to get a workout in here and there. Some of us have gyms closed completely right now

At least you have a glimmer of hope to get a workout in here and there. Some of us have gyms closed completely right now
and most likely will stay closed past this last 28 day lockdown here in the GTA. I lost one of my gym locations already. I don't know if I'll be able to maintain the other for much longer.

and most likely will stay closed past this last 28 day lockdown here in the GTA. I lost one of my gym locations already. I don't know if I'll be able to maintain the other for much longer.
I think my gym is going to close for good as well.

The only other gym within 2 hours is a tiny fitness facility attached to the local hockey rink.. dumbells to 80lbs only, all weights are rubberized, dead lifts not allowed etc..