Recently spiked E2 after increasing HCG dose, side effects still remain even after fixing the issue...

eightch

I increased my HCG dose as me and the wifey are going to try for a baby soon. At first I felt better than ever, but after about a month I developed bloating, insomnia, weak erections (Though no loss of libido), & bad fatigue. I have since lowered my testosterone dose to compensate, I recently had a blood test and estrogen looks good at 87 pmol/L (Range is less than 157).

But I'm still experiencing some of the side effects of the high E2, such as bloating and weak erections. This is the first time experiencing weak erection while on TRT, so it has me freaked out a bit, especially since thats sortve essential when making babies.

Does it take side effects of high E2 awhile to go away even after normalizing E2 levels? Should I just push through and wait for all side effects to go away, or could something else be at play?

Could be a few things but you have to remember your estrogen is constantly fluctuating. On paper you may be dialed it but that doesn't necessarily mean your body is happy with it.

Even if bloods look good could still take a few weeks to get back to where you were.

What does your dosing look like?
What is your pinning schedule?

If you're just pinning twice a week I'd highly recommend splitting it into more pins throughout the week.

Likewise with the HCG; much better to do smaller, more frequent pins oppose to two big shots a week.

Could be a few things but you have to remember your estrogen is constantly fluctuating. On paper you may be dialed it but that doesn't necessarily mean your body is happy with it.

Even if bloods look good could still take a few weeks to get back to where you were.

What does your dosing look like?
What is your pinning schedule?

If you're just pinning twice a week I'd highly recommend splitting it into more pins throughout the week.

Likewise with the HCG; much better to do smaller, more frequent pins oppose to two big shots a week.
Thanks for the feedback. Im hoping its just a waiting game thing, for my body to readjust.

Yeah im pinning twice a week for test, just 80 mg per week now as the HCG really bumps up my testosterone.

Hcg I do every other day, the issues started when I started 400 iu EOD. Down to 250 IU EOD.

I got a semen analysis test at the end of the month. If its bad, Ill just hop off trt and stay on HCG at a higher dose.

If I had to bet on it I would bet against it leveling out or you adjusting. Reason being that for some unknown (I think) reason the T produced by hcg use aromatizes at a fair bit higher rate than that which comes naturally

EDIT: Sorry multitasking and read your post too quick. Yes some sides will hang around a while and "level out" to some degree. Naturally produced E has a half life of around 20 hrs at the high end , how long that E continues to stimulate a receptor I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Im hoping its just a waiting game thing, for my body to readjust.

Yeah im pinning twice a week for test, just 80 mg per week now as the HCG really bumps up my testosterone.

Hcg I do every other day, the issues started when I started 400 iu EOD. Down to 250 IU EOD.

I got a semen analysis test at the end of the month. If its bad, Ill just hop off trt and stay on HCG at a higher dose.
Great HCG protocol.

You could consider pinning your test EOD too, that will help control your estrogen.