Rear delts

I never trained them directly ... but listen to @jackedpotato ... when ever your doing a lateral raise, seated row, t-bar row protract or pre squeeze your traps and rear delts and they will start to pop. I did a lot of heavy rowing exercises... that is where I got my rear delts. My delts at 52 competingView attachment 10367
You looked really good at that contest.
So I can be that way in 2 years also, lol.

Thanks for all the answers.
Rows are my favourite back exercise other than deadlifts, unfortunately they dud nothing for my delts, but made my lats huge. Actually my lats got so thick, that I quit training back because it was giving me a rounded shoulder look with no rear delts.

I will focus on one arm, band pulls and the cable cross over type. I think those will be the ones I’ll be able to feel the best.

Yeah that should help. Also genetics play a factor which I'm sure you already know... My lower chest is small and it seems like no amount of dips and pressing will make it grow lol.

Reactions: PGM
Thanks for all the answers.
Rows are my favourite back exercise other than deadlifts, unfortunately they dud nothing for my delts, but made my lats huge. Actually my lats got so thick, that I quit training back because it was giving me a rounded shoulder look with no rear delts.

I will focus on one arm, band pulls and the cable cross over type. I think those will be the ones I’ll be able to feel the best.
When i did train them specifically, i did feel the cable crossover for rear delts by far the best. Keeps continuous resistance through the entirety of the movement and you can find the perfect height that works for your body to really stimulate the rear delts.
Again, i do not think anyone is wrong for training them, it was just something i felt being such a small muscle it was getting hit from other works i was doing. To each their own, it does feel good to feel them tighten up and pull. My favorite is upright rows and it really helps with the tie in of rear delts and traps together with correct and proper form, while stimulating both for growth.

When i did train them specifically, i did feel the cable crossover for rear delts by far the best. Keeps continuous resistance through the entirety of the movement and you can find the perfect height that works for your body to really stimulate the rear delts.
Again, i do not think anyone is wrong for training them, it was just something i felt being such a small muscle it was getting hit from other works i was doing. To each their own, it does feel good to feel them tighten up and pull. My favorite is upright rows and it really helps with the tie in of rear delts and traps together with correct and proper form, while stimulating both for growth.
Maybe it’s just the shape of my shoulder then. Laugh gh my lats stick out way farther.

I held my shoulder blades back and in when I worked my rear delts and I could feel it better.
We will see if they get sore now.

I love a good barbell high row with a nice wide grip. I usually support my head against the bench and strap up so I can really just focus on the muscle working. Can done with dumbbells' or kettlebells as well.

Yeah that should help. Also genetics play a factor which I'm sure you already know... My lower chest is small and it seems like no amount of dips and pressing will make it grow lol.
Genetic always plays a factor for sure. I just have to do deadlifts for 2 weeks and my upper traps will pop. Look at
KONSTANTINE JANASHIA who competed in WSM his traps wear the freakiest ... I thought he used synthol at first but the more I got looking a him competing I changed my mind
https://www.google.com/search?q=KONSTANTINE+JANASHIA&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=LxlyGwyVmvbKYM%2CdEFGr-JBRCeViM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kR0BLkEQRp6xllq-EJUlQb5DLvDWA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiC38GZ8IzuAhWiMVkFHXwcDUoQ9QF6BAgKEAE&biw=1439&bih=709#imgrc=LxlyGwyVmvbKYM

Translate this link into english

https://www.gannikus.de/hot-stuff/ist-das-der-dickste-trapezius-der-welt/

Last edited:
How have you guys built your rear delts.
I just can’t get them to grow like front or side. I’m starting to wonder if the pros just fill them with oil.

Up right barbell rows
dead lifts
forward learning dumbell fly's

and I just discovered this weird exercise on my total gym.. It's a upright row, but with the cables.. It oddly hits the rear delts and traps better than anything else.

seated reverse flies but it has to be light weight and high reps. Don’t bring the weight behind your back either that’ll incorporate mostly back muscles. Bend at about 60 deg forward with back str8, arms slightly bent bringing weight up vertically

I like to find a seated row machine with individual handles, adjust the seat so my arm path is slightly lower than shoulder height (think of doing the chicken dance) and row the handles with outward intention...I find that hits rear delts hard