Real life experiences with glucosamine chondroitin

It did diddly for me Animal. Nothing for any of the tendon problems I have had over the years. Absolutely nothing for my arthritis either.

I've taking it for over a decade off and on, and it come with Lakota, and another brand( need to look at the name).
I personally I only think it helps, a little bit at best.
I like white willow back and boswellia extracts best.

Didn’t do shit for me animal. Don’t waste your cash on it. Better spent on deca imo

it does help my knees. is it a sliver bullet? No but when i stop taking it my knees are stiffer in the morning and crack way more.

You need to take 1500 glucosamine and 1200mg chondroitin everyday for 4-6 to start to see benefit. It hard to get much blood flow in that area so it takes a while to build up and show benefit.

PS i have been taking it at that dosage for 20 years....i do stop from time to time, thinking it does not help and then stiffness returns and i start taking it again. But stiffness and cracking are a different league than @Bagua that required full replacements.

nada. ive tried high levels of glucosamine, chondroitin and msm for ligament and tendon injuries and inflammation. didnt seem to do anything. seem to give relief to people with chronic conditions that probably wont ever go away like arthritis. just my observation from people who swear by it.

Thanks guys...

I was hoping there would be somethign worthwhile to take that keeps tendons and ligaments supple.

For me the effective dose is 2 pills 3 times daily -so 1000 glucosamine and 800 chrondroitin plus MSM 800 is one dose -do 3 a day and way better

imageService.jpg

You want true relief, penstosan sulphate. I have a 15 year old cat that can testify to the effectiveness. She also likes jello which is a bonus. Between the two her hip arthritis has become very manageable.
Pretty much she goes from laying around to moving around fairly limp free.

My belief is you need the building blocks, like glucosamine and gelatin, but as we age need something to help bring in the nutrients, so penstosan.
Pentosan’s mode is to clear the fatty deposits out of your capalaries so the blood flow increases in the joints, plus it increases joint juice, lol. If the joint isnt completely gone, it should help to repair to an extent, kinda like test will help you to build muscle tissue, also like gear, all the pieces must be there, including rehab exercises to help with joint repair.

Like my big fancy terms, I’m so tired that I can barely think, lol.

The good science says "nope" and that'also been my personal experience.
My thought is for the average person likely doesn’t help much unless you are missing those ingredients for your body to repair.
But since bodybuilders are not like the average person (or anyone who dies heavy labour work) just like how the body requires more nutrients to build muscle, I bet it needs more basic building blocks to keep repairing the joint.
I bet this is compounded when a bodybuilder eats very dry food, like chicken breasts, lean meat. Doesn’t eat any connective tissue and such.

This was passed on by someone else on another fourm a few months ago but if you can get to your local horse store there is a product called recovery eq , from others apparently this works unreal and for 80 bucks its a years supply