Quitting Nicotine Accountability Thread.

I get sick like that from smoking now, even one cigarette I feel like I got nicotine poisoning

I don't know how anyone can afford cigarettes nowadays lol. I quit 8 years ago when Du Maurier was 12 bucks and I was smoking almost two packs a day.

I think it's more expensive than running low dose gh.

Make that another reason to quit folks, you can include the savings to your gear fund :)
Reserve smokes…like $16.00 for a bag of 200. Terrible awful things and I must quit them…again!

No wsy I would ever smoke those horrible things. Would rather quit.
Way back in the day I had a bag of these things, a homeless man walked up to my service truck and asked if he could bum a smoke, I said sure and pulled out the bag, to my surprise he said "no thank you" and left. Lol I knew at this point I needed to quit.

After switching to a keto lifestyle about 5 years ago, I can no longer tolerate high doses of stimulants. A Zero sugar diet has done more for my executive function than anything, so I stick to it.

Anything with high norepinephrine modulating effects (Strattera, Nicotine, Caffeine, Wellbutrin etc. etc.) all make me violently sick and shaky. Goes away completely after my occasional carb-ups for a few days, so I'm confident it's due to the diet (and research supports Keto's effects in epileptics being related to Norepinephrine modulation).

I've been getting the 10mg XR Adderalls (or reverting to other more stims, using proper dose equivalency, obviously), Splitting them into 1/2 or 1/3's and running with that dose. Down from a daily dose of 20mg XR. 3-4mg a day. It's wild.

But yes, I don't recommend Guanfacine without at least SOMETHING dopaminergic. Guanfacine does fuck all for executive function or motivation. It helps a LOT with task completion and follow through, and it 100% alleviates the feelings of "Oh god I'm so bored doing this repetitive task I feel physically ill and am fully willing to quit my job to avoid this task."
Do you know why stimulants make you violently sick? This happens to me but I've never heard of it before other then you I'd like to look into it more. Even when I relapse on smoking I'm eventually sick all day while I smoke. It never stops coffee too each time it's like I'm dying. Maybe over load on cns or something

Do you know why stimulants make you violently sick? This happens to me but I've never heard of it before other then you I'd like to look into it more. Even when I relapse on smoking I'm eventually sick all day while I smoke. It never stops coffee too each time it's like I'm dying. Maybe over load on cns or something

The violently sick thing only happens when I'm in an extremely carb-depleted, Keto, state.
Many of the "benefits" of keto work by modulating your brain's response to norepinephrine. Actually, the antiepileptic effects of keto are specifically related to how your brain responds to norepinephrine, and knockout mice (without NE transporters) don't show the same antiepileptic effects from the diet, that regular mice do. Low carb diets change how my body responds to NE (norepinephrine).

However... Stimulants are "dirty" meds. This is a terrible, layman's analogy, but bear with me: they work by firing a shotgun shell at all of your excitatory neurotransmitter receptors. They keep dopamine and norepinephrine more active in the synapse for longer - this (on top of their own stimulatory effects), increases extracellular concentrations of acetylcholine, another powerfully excitatory neurotransmitter. You'll notice there are both muscarinic and - especially - nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in MANY areas of the brain - especially the limbic (hypothalamic) centre of your brain. Overstimulate that, with nicotine, and you're on a crash course to vom. That's the centre of your brain that detects (among tons of other homeostatic functions) poisoning.

And, as for the caffeine thing, xanthines, such as caffeine, theophylline (tea) and theobromine (chocolate) all release norepinephrine in various areas of the brain, especially the brainstem which is implicated in "involuntary" functions such as breath rate and heartbeat.

So, sure. TLDR, you're overloading your CNS.

And all of these things, especially with chronic use, will affect the ACTH axis (just like external androgens affect the HPA, which is strongly related to ACTH) - ramping up cortisol over time, modulating your blood sugar, insulin response and androgen output.

*in all of these contexts the word "modulate" means "change" - not necessarily a decrease/bad thing. SOME of us benefit from "modulating" these responses in either direction - the average, non-aggressive wellbutrin user, who sees remission of depressive/anxiety symptoms with the drug is "modulating" it with a positive outcome. So don't read too far into that word as a "bad" thing.

*edit* fuck I'd kill for a menthol rn. Ugh. Yes, I'm trash. No I don't accept constructive criticism about it, lol.

The violently sick thing only happens when I'm in an extremely carb-depleted, Keto, state.
Many of the "benefits" of keto work by modulating your brain's response to norepinephrine. Actually, the antiepileptic effects of keto are specifically related to how your brain responds to norepinephrine, and knockout mice (without NE transporters) don't show the same antiepileptic effects from the diet, that regular mice do. Low carb diets change how my body responds to NE (norepinephrine).

However... Stimulants are "dirty" meds. This is a terrible, layman's analogy, but bear with me: they work by firing a shotgun shell at all of your excitatory neurotransmitter receptors. They keep dopamine and norepinephrine more active in the synapse for longer - this (on top of their own stimulatory effects), increases extracellular concentrations of acetylcholine, another powerfully excitatory neurotransmitter. You'll notice there are both muscarinic and - especially - nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in MANY areas of the brain - especially the limbic (hypothalamic) centre of your brain. Overstimulate that, with nicotine, and you're on a crash course to vom. That's the centre of your brain that detects (among tons of other homeostatic functions) poisoning.

And, as for the caffeine thing, xanthines, such as caffeine, theophylline (tea) and theobromine (chocolate) all release norepinephrine in various areas of the brain, especially the brainstem which is implicated in "involuntary" functions such as breath rate and heartbeat.

So, sure. TLDR, you're overloading your CNS.

And all of these things, especially with chronic use, will affect the ACTH axis (just like external androgens affect the HPA, which is strongly related to ACTH) - ramping up cortisol over time, modulating your blood sugar, insulin response and androgen output.

*in all of these contexts the word "modulate" means "change" - not necessarily a decrease/bad thing. SOME of us benefit from "modulating" these responses in either direction - the average, non-aggressive wellbutrin user, who sees remission of depressive/anxiety symptoms with the drug is "modulating" it with a positive outcome. So don't read too far into that word as a "bad" thing.

*edit* fuck I'd kill for a menthol rn. Ugh. Yes, I'm trash. No I don't accept constructive criticism about it, lol.
Wow man that's pretty deep info you really know your stuff. It explains a lot. I'm at a point now where adderall doesn't have much of a stimulating effect because I'm so used to it so I try to enjoy cooffes through the day but evert now and then they just randomly cause sickness or anxiety attacks but I also can't predict when I can handle it or not. I'm thinking about quiting coffee but it seems ridiculous to stay on aderrall when coffee has so many health benifets.