Question about reps and rest between sets

I do a set... once I get my breath back I will do another. I have always done it that way and it works for me. Find you own method that works and you have won the game. My volume comes from more sets not reps... I stay in the 3-5 rep range and do about 10 sets for an exercise, increasing the weight every set ... again it works for me and I enjoy doing it this way. cheers.

So many variables for me that dictate how much rest between sets. Somewhere between 30 seconds, and 3 minutes roughly. If I'm going for a PR on a compound lift, then obviously will take as much rest as I need. If I'm just getting volume sets in for non-compound lifts, using high reps, its 30 seconds or so.

Dont try to understand what other people do in the gym. Actually avoid even paying attention at all. Unless they are a very seasoned veteran, you might be able to pick up a few pointers.
I agree with your last comment about seasoned veterans. I always watch the big lifters at the gym especially if they are not from town and I have not seen them before. I normally go over and talk to them about their routines and how they got to where they r. I have picked up so much from watching big lifters at gyms. But now everyone goes to goodlife and I don't think I have seen a big lifter at the Saint John gym for years so I work out a home and watch big lifters on utube.

I rarely even go down to the 1-3 rep range I find I get more little nagging injuries. 6-8 reps are my max reps for sets. Unless the dude is hitting some serious max reps I don’t like the 5 min breaks.
See where I am the total opposite which is fine. I stay in the 2 -5 rep range when I hit my work sets... and I do numerous sets of the same exercise to get my volume in, if it takes me 5 min to regain my strength on a relatively heavy set... I take it, but I normally do another set when I regain my breath, usually 1 -4 min.

When I do supersets I don’t rest between the 2 different body parts and consider it as one set. And between the sets I’ll rest up to a minute.

All other times I just play it by ear (feeling). Not too long and not too short. Approx 60-120 secs depending how heavy I go. If real heavy 2-3 reps then I’ll rest 3-5 mins