Question about Clomid

CanadaJim

Trusted Member
I recently started a low dose Clomid regime after stopping a low dose short duration testosterone cycle (75mg test cyp weekly - less than 2 months). I Started with 12.5mg Clomid ED x 1 week then upped it to 25mg ED for almost 2 weeks. I was informed I have blood work coming up in a month, that's why I stopped. Is 4 weeks sufficient time for the effects of the Clomid to dissipate? I'd really like to be back to baseline levels for a somewhat accurate test reading. Thanks

Clomid is 5-6 day half life , for me id say roughly around 5 to 6 weeks be good, but you could still have somewhat of an elevated luteinizing hormone and fsh for longer, really depends on you. Id just tell your doctor what you tried, and if you felt good then have them put u on a prescription.

So id do this, if the numbers come back bad, like very low, suggest clomid, if the numbers come back high and decent like mid range or above then tell doc what you did then get prescribed. Have a game plan before you walk in.

But to answer your question , i would think 5 to 6 weeks would have been a safer bet if you want completely baseline.

I recently started a low dose Clomid regime after stopping a low dose short duration testosterone cycle (75mg test cyp weekly - less than 2 months). I Started with 12.5mg Clomid ED x 1 week then upped it to 25mg ED for almost 2 weeks. I was informed I have blood work coming up in a month, that's why I stopped. Is 4 weeks sufficient time for the effects of the Clomid to dissipate? I'd really like to be back to baseline levels for a somewhat accurate test reading. Thanks
Ughh, clomid. If there's any way to feel like a total bag of emotional shit I don't know what that is, b/c clomid is the closest thing I ever experienced to absolute hell. Mind you, serms in general are nasty.

I'm assuming you are using clomid to restart your hpta? Why only 75mg/wk? I'm not suggesting that you require more, but why not two 50mg shots/wk?
More context is required, including the reason for your concern about the clomid clearing? Is it b/c you want to qualify for script test? On such a low dose I don't believe it will amount to a marked difference than normal, if it does at all.

Well, I experimented with dosage and injection frequency...just could never get dialed in. I have to say it's been nearly 2 months since my last injection...and nearly three weeks since my last clomid and I am feeling better than I have in the last few years...libido has spiked...overall sluggishness has dissipated...a few years back, my doc at the time told me my test was in the low normal range...he wouldn't prescribe anything so I jumped on the self prescribed train...it's been a roller coaster to say the least. I'm hopeful my blood work yields normal values...I really don't want to have to jump on trt again...my new doc is aware of everything i have done over the past few years...

I'm not sure why i'm feeling so good at present...in the past when I would stop cold turkey...especially around the 4-5 week mark I would start to feel like shit and jump back on. I don't believe I was on Clomid long enough to make a difference but who knows...The only indication I have that my hpta has not kicked in is my ejaculate is basically nil...