Proviron with Dbol

Jkidd

Trusted Member
Hey guys I was hoping to receive some insight and possibly experiences with this drug combination. I would like to do EQ and test for my next cycle (600mg EQ, 400-500mg Test). I was thinking about kickstarting my cycle with Dbol for 6 weeks at 30mg ED. I would like to avoid using an AI, so I thought of proviron combined with the Dbol as a way to mitigate estrogen binding to SHBG. As well as possibly freeing up some test to keep the ratio of test/eq in check (while keeping estrogen “lower” than what it would normally be with just Dbol). Do you think proviron would work for this purpose? At 30mg of Dbol do I even need to worry about estrogen? What dose of proviron to the proposed dosage of Dbol do you think is appropriate? Thanks!

Save the proviron. imo it would be a waste with this cycle
Have no idea if you would need a ai with 500 test and 30 dbol. Some would, some wouldnt. Have it ready

I think Masteron would be more effective than proviron, but I think it would be too hard to rely on them too. That would boil down to dbol dosage, proviron dosage and then the rate you aromatize at aswell.
I know EQ is said to have AI like properties but I aromatize a lot for some reason so I wouldnt do this myself.
Trial and error. You would know if its enough or not based on feel within a few days of using the dbol if this layout worked or not

I am in the "never run a cycle without at least a low dose of AI" camp. Gyno is a bitch to deal with once it's there. Better to avoid it to begin with by managing your estrogen levels to keep them in the normal range. The AI might limit your weight gain on a cycle but it doesn't limit your muscle gain by much if anything at all. I don't see why anyone would avoid it, just adjust the dose to what you need.

Proviron is much better at dealing with SHBG than Estrogen reduction. Save it for late in your cycle. I prefer to take it when I am coming off so you are maxing out what androgens you have in your system and clearing SHBG so you don't crash when the levels drop below normal. I also find that managing estrogen is critical to a good recovery, estrogen is one of the signals your body uses to increase or decrease natural test

I dont have an affinity for estrogen issues but have run proviron with dollars just as a precautionary tactic. Can't say I noticed it too much.

I dont run AIs personally. If I start to have issues with a compound I simply stop using it and run one that makes me feel better.

I dont have an affinity for estrogen issues but have run proviron with dollars just as a precautionary tactic. Can't say I noticed it too much.

I dont run AIs personally. If I start to have issues with a compound I simply stop using it and run one that makes me feel better.
No AI? Do you keep your test dosage lower end to make this possible?

My nipples hurt so bad running what you are planning to run, I needed 1/2 an adex tab every day. I could barely touch them.
Dbol aromatizes a lot for me. But I blew up.

Wouldn't reduced SHBG be counter intuitive?

You'd then have less estrogen being bound resulting in more freed up estrogen

Last edited:

SHBG is binding up your androgens. Proviron only works for a couple of weeks before your body just makes more SHBG but I find using it during transition times going from High androgen to low helps clear it out and your body won't make more when your androgen levels are low.

I posted about this in another thread in more detail, basically any time I go from something like Tren or other strong compounds or a higher dosed cycle (for me which is only like 600-800mg/w total) I like to stop injecting and run 25mg/d proviron and 20-40mg/d anavar for 2 weeks. the prov helps free up more of the androgens already in your system and clear out the extra SHBG and the var helps keep things anabolic enough that you don't lose muscle....after that I will often run test at like 150-250mg/w and var 20-40mg/d to give my body more time at what is close to a normal amount of androgens before tapering off or going back to a higher dosed cycle. It just sort of gives your body time to reset and avoid the dreaded crash where your dick doesn't get hard or you lose all motivation to train while coming down.

The first time I did this was on vacation when I didn't want to bring pins and just snuck some prov and var into supplement bottles, it worked so well that I have continued to do it every time I drop from high to low levels. I usually find I get leaner and harder while maintaining a really strong sex drive.

This in my opinion is the best way to use Proviron....throwing it into a cycle like the OP described it sort of just gets lost unless you're using it late in the cycle when SHBG levels are up and even then it only works for about 10-14 days and then your body just makes more so it's kinda pointless unless you are just trying to peak during that time.

SHBG is binding up your androgens. Proviron only works for a couple of weeks before your body just makes more SHBG but I find using it during transition times going from High androgen to low helps clear it out and your body won't make more when your androgen levels are low.

I posted about this in another thread in more detail, basically any time I go from something like Tren or other strong compounds or a higher dosed cycle (for me which is only like 600-800mg/w total) I like to stop injecting and run 25mg/d proviron and 20-40mg/d anavar for 2 weeks. the prov helps free up more of the androgens already in your system and clear out the extra SHBG and the var helps keep things anabolic enough that you don't lose muscle....after that I will often run test at like 150-250mg/w and var 20-40mg/d to give my body more time at what is close to a normal amount of androgens before tapering off or going back to a higher dosed cycle. It just sort of gives your body time to reset and avoid the dreaded crash where your dick doesn't get hard or you lose all motivation to train while coming down.

The first time I did this was on vacation when I didn't want to bring pins and just snuck some prov and var into supplement bottles, it worked so well that I have continued to do it every time I drop from high to low levels. I usually find I get leaner and harder while maintaining a really strong sex drive.

This in my opinion is the best way to use Proviron....throwing it into a cycle like the OP described it sort of just gets lost unless you're using it late in the cycle when SHBG levels are up and even then it only works for about 10-14 days and then your body just makes more so it's kinda pointless unless you are just trying to peak during that time.
So you're saying sex hormone binding globulin does not bind to the sex hormone estradiol?

I think the idea is if you have more freed up estrogen your body interprets the freed up estrogen as a signal to lower aromatase enzyme because there’s less of a demand for estrogen due to free estrogen being artificially elevated

That’s a very interesting protocol, might try experimenting with that in the future. Always great to read someone’s unique and niche way of problem solving cycle issues. Thanks for sharing :) I’ll think about trying this out for my self

I keep hearing there’s a lot of benefits to running proviron ; Maybe what @Neverwas stated is the way certain pros might use it

So you're saying sex hormone binding globulin does not bind to the sex hormone estradiol?
I don't know to be honest. My understanding was it's binding test (or other similar androgens), it might also bind E but I have never found much of a difference with estrogen levels and proviron but there is a big difference in short term androgen levels so this is how I utilize it.

That’s a very interesting protocol, might try experimenting with that in the future. Always great to read someone’s unique and niche way of problem solving cycle issues. Thanks for sharing :) I’ll think about trying this out for my self
I highly recommend it. It's now my standard protocol any time I transition from a blast to a cruise (or blast to off). Much better recovery. I also find managing E aggressively with Aromasin to stay in the low normal range helps a lot with recovery. I am sure some of my bad PCTs of the past had to do with elevated estrogen. I find Nolva and Clomid useless personally, aromasin seems to work better to get my natural T levels back up.

I

have no idea what pros do but this works like magic for me so I have stuck with it
I’m talking like using it to transition to cruise doses or using it to cushion the shock to your system dropping or adding compounds

Don't kick start it can mess things up. If you're not willing to wait two months before your cycle starts because of how EQ works then just use NPP but don't kick start it with NPP or anything other than less testosterone than you'll be using on EQ. Testosterone by itself can work great but you might want to use proviron the whole way through. Also you want that whole jumping up in gains when the EQ happens and that won't happen if you kick start.

I've done a dbol kick start and an NPP one both before EQ and it wasn't great.