Proton Pump Inhibitor Use Linked to Increased T2DM Risk

I really try to limit my use of Pantoprazole...here’s another reason to.

Thank you for posting!

I have 2 14 paks at home for when i started my tnt blast. I used maybe 2 so far, only when i really needed to.

Since @Bagua mentioned the risks of PPI's I have switched over to Pepcid which seems to being doing a fairly good job... not as much risk in terms of sides. I had a call with my doctor today and brought the matter up about long term use and kidney failure and she played it down like she normally does, she does this when she has not mentioned something to me. I asked her to include in my blood tests a test for testosterone and she put up a fuss about testing for this. I said I may want to go on trt as I am 61 ... would like to know if my test is within a good range ... off the charts or limp dick poor. She resisted until I said refer me to an endo then. She brought up the higher risk of cancer with trt. I said holy shit why would that be, I just want to bring my test up to where it was when I was young. Wouldn't that mean I had a higher risk of getting cancer when I was young cause my test was higher than now. She did not have an answer for that one. I honestly think she either hates men or I royally piss her off. Meh ... I think I piss her off. lol

Since @Bagua mentioned the risks of PPI's I have switched over to Pepcid which seems to being doing a fairly good job... not as much risk in terms of sides. I had a call with my doctor today and brought the matter up about long term use and kidney failure and she played it down like she normally does, she does this when she has not mentioned something to me. I asked her to include in my blood tests a test for testosterone and she put up a fuss about testing for this. I said I may want to go on trt as I am 61 ... would like to know if my test is within a good range ... off the charts or limp dick poor. She resisted until I said refer me to an endo then. She brought up the higher risk of cancer with trt. I said holy shit why would that be, I just want to bring my test up to where it was when I was young. Wouldn't that mean I had a higher risk of getting cancer when I was young cause my test was higher than now. She did not have an answer for that one. I honestly think she either hates men or I royally piss her off. Meh ... I think I piss her off. lol

doctors don’t like to be questioned. They don’t mind questions.... but definitely don’t like to be questioned. If that makes sense.

doctors also get manipulated by the drug companies and fall victim to popular opinions and rarely question things. Many aren’t that progressive either.... at least not GP’s

Testosterone bad.... that shit will kill you..... antidepressants.....good.....more please

like all drugs, each has a place and if used properly can be very helpful, abused or used incorrectly? The risks start to compound and can become dangerous. Some are just lesser evils. As can be the case with PPI’s.