Protein bars one bar vs quest bar

Maybe that’s why, was eating 2 quest bars before bed the past few nights, felt like digesting cement

Was using protein bars as a cheat meal sort of thing,
only ones I think taste good are quest bars, the one bars taste okay but they give a sickening artificial taste
if you like them and they do not spike your blood sugar then eat them, Anything that comes in a bag, is processed and has fructose-glucose, sugar added or hydrogenated oils ... I stay away from as much as possible. You really have to make an effort to read labels and eat what is good for you not always what tastes good.

if you like them and they do not spike your blood sugar then eat them, Anything that comes in a bag, is processed and has fructose-glucose, sugar added or hydrogenated oils ... I stay away from as much as possible. You really have to make an effort to read labels and eat what is good for you not always what tastes good.
I cut out ALL process oils completely from my diet and what a difference it has made in terms of how I feel. Its amazing.

I never consumed much of them but, if you pay attentiom closely to ingredients A LOT of things contain these oils. Its mind boggling.

Reactions: PGM

I usually eat whole foods, but quest bars was one thing that had no bad ingredients with decent nutrition
Should check the label out if you haven’t, it’s one of the few bars with non of the bad stuff. Low in saturated fat, high in fibre, no sugar. I remember in 2017 I got a huge box of them for cheap, all I ate was quest bars for a week and I just got leaner. I wonder if the bars don’t digest properly because I was eating over maintenance but kept losing weight

Even one bars had a handful of ingredients i don’t like so those are more of a once in a while sort of thing rather than something I’d eat regularly.
another one with no bad ingredients is rxbar, but the macronutrients on them isn’t what I’m looking for

Last edited:
Reactions: PGM
Recently started ordering these bars online... hands down the best bar I've ever eaten. Winnipeg company but they will deliver anywhere (free shipping). They are made fresh and should be kept in the fridge, could be looked at as a downside I suppose but nice to know they didn't add a ton of shit to keep it from spoiling. That said they won't spoil in a day. If you're looking for something natural give them a go.

One bars are hands down far better. Both taste and protein source from what I recall.

I eat about 3 of them a day everyday.

Recently started ordering these bars online... hands down the best bar I've ever eaten. Winnipeg company but they will deliver anywhere (free shipping). They are made fresh and should be kept in the fridge, could be looked at as a downside I suppose but nice to know they didn't add a ton of shit to keep it from spoiling. That said they won't spoil in a day. If you're looking for something natural give them a go.

What do you think of soy licithin? People always gave me shit for ingesting soy,it was drilled into my head young. Is that just an "old wives" thing?

What do you think of soy licithin? People always gave me shit for ingesting soy,it was drilled into my head young. Is that just an "old wives" thing?
Estrogen?

My opinion is that modest amounts of soy are fine, even beneficial for protein intake.

Here is a clip from a Havard.edu study on it.

"Soy is unique in that it contains a high concentration of isoflavones, a type of plant estrogen (phytoestrogen) that is similar in function to human estrogen but with much weaker effects. Soy isoflavones can bind to estrogen receptors in the body and cause either weak estrogenic or anti-estrogenic activity"

The only one I stay away from is Soy Milk. Not a lot of information on that, and to me, the more processed things are the worse they become.

The bigger issue that doesn't get a lot of discussion is plastics (food/drink that is stored in) and red dye in food and drinks. Both have high estrogenic effects on the body. (Plastic #2 + 4 + 5 are relatively safe, #1 is the worst)

Estrogen?

My opinion is that modest amounts of soy are fine, even beneficial for protein intake.

Here is a clip from a Havard.edu study on it.

"Soy is unique in that it contains a high concentration of isoflavones, a type of plant estrogen (phytoestrogen) that is similar in function to human estrogen but with much weaker effects. Soy isoflavones can bind to estrogen receptors in the body and cause either weak estrogenic or anti-estrogenic activity"

The only one I stay away from is Soy Milk. Not a lot of information on that, and to me, the more processed things are the worse they become.

The bigger issue that doesn't get a lot of discussion is plastics (food/drink that is stored in) and red dye in food and drinks. Both have high estrogenic effects on the body. (Plastic #2 + 4 + 5 are relatively safe, #1 is the worst)
yes, sorry didnt really specify but you knew lol even looking up soy estrogen men on google they'll be one study that says no then one that says yes.I always just stayed away altogether cause i was unsure